Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.6

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
user5124

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.2.2

Post by user5124 »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
user5124 wrote:EDIT: Even after resetting by doing "map map09", I still get the same result. :cry:
EDIT: More problems on map14 and map32. Looks like the gd.wad map set might not be compatible.
map09 is the result of VERY VERY temperamental unstable voodoo script
you have to trigger the blue and red floor switches that open the doors to the revenants and hellknights within 15 seconds of your first shot, or the voodoo imp won't work properly.

You can switch to "Old School" monsters for better compatibility with this if you want. I'll extend my list of recommended favorite map packs as soon as I can.
Thank you for looking into it!

I'm really interested in knowing what packs you think works well with GV, too. :mrgreen:
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Hellmasker wrote:
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Hellmasker wrote:Heya!

It seems like the Bossfight with the Hell Smith is broken. (Vind08 - Portals of Chaos)

The 3 Maulotaurs are there, and after they die - nothing happens. The Boss itself won't spawn and the Portals won't open. :(

Unless I'm missing something here...
Something happened to the map somehow. I have re-scripted the entire encounter to use a more robust ACS method of handling it.

I was doing some testing tonight but I got interrupted by some other issues. I'll conclude testing tomorrow and post an update as soon as the testing proves effective.
Keep your eyes peeled for the update! I plan to post a fix 11/15/2019 at some time.
Alright, thank you! Will wait then :)
Updated, should be fixed now
Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Many thanks, Dino! It is indeed working now! :)

Edit: While the Bosses do in fact show up and everything, I noticed something strange:

When you apply the spell with the green stuff to them (that which makes stuff inflate and go boom) they instantly disappear, treating them as dead. The console says they had no "pain state".

Also the Heavy Duty Stompers don't seem to appear in the shop when you pick them up.

All in all, not really a big deal, but worth pointing out :)
Tc_667

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.2.3

Post by Tc_667 »

*sees weapons guide*
ah, nothing new, same weapons
*sees sturmgewher*
well, well, you convinced me
iWonder

Post by iWonder »

Hey Dinosaur_Nerd!

My fav mod of all time, hands down, beats BD in terms of progression, fluidity and gore somehow haha.

I like this Dynamic Progression system you've implemented, did PB inspire you to do so?

Also are there plans for updating this to current Guncaster 3.5 or you wanna keep it this way?
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

iWonder wrote:Hey Dinosaur_Nerd!

My fav mod of all time, hands down, beats BD in terms of progression, fluidity and gore somehow haha.
Thanks! glad you like it
iWonder wrote:I like this Dynamic Progression system you've implemented, did PB inspire you to do so?
PB kinda inspired my original system to a small degree.

My new system which I used for hexen and pirate doom is inspired by... Hexen and World of Warcraft! I like this system much more.

My dynamic mini-bosses are inspired by rogue-likes such as Castle of the Winds, from the very early 90s which would randomly just drop super difficult enemies on top of your head that you could never have any hope of beating!
I of course tried to make my mini-bosses a lot more fair and fun than super frustrating inspiration for them.
iWonder wrote:Also are there plans for updating this to current Guncaster 3.5 or you wanna keep it this way?
It's already updated to GC 3.5, I believe I had this updated to the same level as GC 3.5 within a day of the release of 3.5
Dinosaur_Nerd

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.3.0

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

updating to version 3.3.0

fixes several bugs and adds compatibility for the addon

sry for no details on bugfixes, I may be able to add details later, for now just updating as it is long overdue
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

How do you throw the tiberium bomb? It used to be a simple select and throw, but now it's a toggle in the inventory. I press the button to turn it on but then what? Pressing the same button as it says just turns it off. It's not replacing the dynamite in my hand or any of it's functions so what am I missing?
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Valherran wrote:How do you throw the tiberium bomb? It used to be a simple select and throw, but now it's a toggle in the inventory. I press the button to turn it on but then what? Pressing the same button as it says just turns it off. It's not replacing the dynamite in my hand or any of it's functions so what am I missing?
the tiberium bomb modifies quick toss
when you set it active, quick toss will throw tib bombs if you still have some, or automatically swap back to dynamite if you don't have any left.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Valherran wrote:How do you throw the tiberium bomb? It used to be a simple select and throw, but now it's a toggle in the inventory. I press the button to turn it on but then what? Pressing the same button as it says just turns it off. It's not replacing the dynamite in my hand or any of it's functions so what am I missing?
the tiberium bomb modifies quick toss
when you set it active, quick toss will throw tib bombs if you still have some, or automatically swap back to dynamite if you don't have any left.
Uh oh, it may be bugged then. I'm running through Hexen right now and I am completely unable to throw them. I have it activated and it still throws dynamite when I press quick throw.
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Valherran wrote:Uh oh, it may be bugged then. I'm running through Hexen right now and I am completely unable to throw them. I have it activated and it still throws dynamite when I press quick throw.
It's working just fine on my end.

Code: Select all

summon TiberiumBomb
use this to summon one to collect and test

if you like, join the discord server for rapid feedback and to help test
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Found the problem after a fresh install, the option "Instant TNT Toss" is what broke it when enabled. Now I am unsure what it is for, I kinda thought it skipped the lighting animation when equipped but I guess not.

Also I noticed this in the console when I went to test the tiberium bomb:

Unable to start CD Audio for track #13, ID 0
Line 1750's right edge is unconnected
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Valherran wrote:Found the problem after a fresh install, the option "Instant TNT Toss" is what broke it when enabled. Now I am unsure what it is for, I kinda thought it skipped the lighting animation when equipped but I guess not.
yea, the "Instant TNT Toss" is at fault here
Valherran wrote: Also I noticed this in the console when I went to test the tiberium bomb:

Unable to start CD Audio for track #13, ID 0
Line 1750's right edge is unconnected
These are GZDoom bugs
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I just got a VM Abort during the twins fight in Hexen...

Called from VindRevalo.Tick at Guncaster_Vidicated.pk3:zscript/monsters/hexen/bosses/revalo.txt, line 132
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

New youtube vid!

Valherran wrote:I just got a VM Abort during the twins fight in Hexen...

Called from VindRevalo.Tick at Guncaster_Vidicated.pk3:zscript/monsters/hexen/bosses/revalo.txt, line 132
I will need more information.
Give me very very specific details of what happened immediately as this abort was triggered. an abort shouldn't be possible on this line.
Also, a post of the full abort is absolutely necessary.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”