SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.2.5 (19/Dec/2023)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.8 (21/Nov/2019)

Post by Gez »

There are a few UDMF converters you can try to use, but SLADE doesn't include one at the moment.
NeoTerraNova

Post by NeoTerraNova »

I.. uh.. ended up converting them in GZDoom Builder - Bugfix. And it wasn't perfect by any means. However! In my case, I was able to retain the basic structure of the maps! I ended up making it work in Doom - Hexen Format. Not ideal, probably, but it works well enough.

My biggest issue is that the doors broke. And in order to fix them, I have to delete the sectors AND the lines, then rebuild them. This isn't a huge issue, per say, since I kinda figured going in to this that I'd have to spend a lot of time trying to repair and upgrade the maps I'm working on. So, I'll just accept this as "Cost of Doing Business" for now.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

I see that you got it working.

For those who have the same problem and did not backtrack the thread,
the conversion is to use zwadconv.exe first and then GZDB/GZDBBF/UDB
to convert further to DiHF or UDMF.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.9 (17/Feb/2020)

Post by Kinsie »

Been getting a lot of UI issues in 3.1.9. When I edit a text file in a folder-based mod, the file list UI will just stop functioning and other UI elements will cease to respond until the tab is close.
SanyaWaffles
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 for the Motorola Powerstack II
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SanyaWaffles »

I can confirm what Kinsie says is happening for me too.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Kinsie wrote:Been getting a lot of UI issues in 3.1.9. When I edit a text file in a folder-based mod, the file list UI will just stop functioning and other UI elements will cease to respond until the tab is close.
Oh! I was getting that problem last night (see the thread about finding "The Factory" WAD). I assumed there was a problem with that particular mod because I hadn't experienced any hanging prior to that (but I hadn't tried to edit any text lumps since I upgraded Slade either). I didn't have time to check it properly though.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=64573&p=1138563#p1138563
Gez

Post by Gez »

I had issues with 3.1.8 freezing when attempting to scroll down a text lump (dehacked, in this case) but found out that disabling syntax highlighting worked around the bug.

That's not a fix, but if you could check whether the problem goes away when you set "text language" to "none", it'd at least help tell whether it's the same bug or another.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Gez wrote:That's not a fix, but if you could check whether the problem goes away when you set "text language" to "none", it'd at least help tell whether it's the same bug or another.
I know that the answer to this is going to be painfully obvious, but where is that option? I can't see it.
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

I've just released 3.1.10 which should fix the UI lockup issues that were in 3.1.9
Enjay

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.10 (20/Feb/2020)

Post by Enjay »

It certainly seems to have fixed it when I try to replicate the problem that I was having yesterday. Thank you very much. :D
Gez

Post by Gez »

Enjay wrote:
Gez wrote:That's not a fix, but if you could check whether the problem goes away when you set "text language" to "none", it'd at least help tell whether it's the same bug or another.
I know that the answer to this is going to be painfully obvious, but where is that option? I can't see it.

In the entry panel's own toolbar, between "save", "revert" and "jump to".
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Is there a way to mass remove the file extension in the name of entries? I've converted a bunch of sprites from the Doom palette to PNG truecolor using Slade, which adds ".png" to the end of all the entry names. I've tried selecting all sprites and using the "rename" feature, but that only lets me change the actual names, not the extention. The extension does appear when using the "rename each" feature, so I can delete the characters this way, but it is very time consuming.

Thanks in advance!
Gez

Post by Gez »

Why do you want to remove them? They don't cause any harm.

What you can do to get rid of them is create a new WAD archive, cut your entries from the PK3, paste them in the WAD, then cut the entries from the WAD and paste them in the PK3. WAD files do not support extensions in their lump names, so you'll get rid of them this way.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Gez wrote:Why do you want to remove them? They don't cause any harm.
I'm mirroring a bunch of the sprites by adding another frame letter and angle notation to them. I'm doing this by first using "rename" on 8 sprites to add the letter, and then using "rename each" to add the angle notation. Doing the last part is quite irritating when i have to deal with the file extension each time.

There's probablyt a better way to rename them. I just don't know how.
Gez wrote:What you can do to get rid of them is create a new WAD archive, cut your entries from the PK3, paste them in the WAD, then cut the entries from the WAD and paste them in the PK3. WAD files do not support extensions in their lump names, so you'll get rid of them this way.
Thanks! I'll give this a try.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Gez wrote:In the entry panel's own toolbar, between "save", "revert" and "jump to".
Heh, yup, painfully obvious like I thought it would be. Thanks.

And there was me searching through the preferences dialogues. :lol:

As it happens, mine was already set to "None" but the new version fixes the issue anyway.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”