Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hyperstyle

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Post by Hyperstyle »

Before continuing with the second chapter, I'm making a small bonus episode with the original demo levels. The look will be somewhat different because it has to be converted from the build engine. But for the people who played the demo, it should look very familiair.

theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

Redneckerz wrote:
theroguemonk wrote:
what is clear cut?

fact is the sound when you press a wall is not fitting in my opinion thats as easy as it gets to explain what i meant... i never meant this is a bad mod in fact i think its one of the best mods i have played when it comes to game play
You are saying the author does not take things seriously, and you refer to the sounds as an example of it.
no .. TO ME the sound of opening stunning is not good.. it might be good to the author and the author might have taken it seroiusly despite of it..
i think he takes it seriously because this mod is so fun ... that is the reason i am trying to make a tribute to it .

to owner : can you please tell me how i can talk to you to show you my work?
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

theroguemonk wrote: no .. TO ME the sound of opening stunning is not good.. it might be good to the author and the author might have taken it seroiusly despite of it..
i think he takes it seriously because this mod is so fun ... that is the reason i am trying to make a tribute to it .
Again, this makes very little sense to me. I explained what you were saying, and then you are (essentially) saying that this isn't the case.

So, ill put this as a language barrier kind of issue, because what you think you are saying is not the same as what you actually say.
Hyperstyle

Post by Hyperstyle »

theroguemonk wrote:
You could send a private message to me using this forum.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

Hyperstyle wrote:
theroguemonk wrote:
You could send a private message to me using this forum.
i cant man it says user not found all the frnk time

also btw i love your mod dont let anyone say stupid ass stuff about me ..

i have made a sprite update on the gun i love fo ryou to see it...
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I love you for doing this.

If the player's rocket gun had faster firing rate and faster projectiles, it would be a lot more fun to use. The original rocket gun fired pretty fast and had an easier time hitting targets.

Accuracy for that bow is pretty terrible too. Does my accuracy improve over time like in Strife?
Hyperstyle

Post by Hyperstyle »

ImpieTwo wrote:I love you for doing this.

If the player's rocket gun had faster firing rate and faster projectiles, it would be a lot more fun to use. The original rocket gun fired pretty fast and had an easier time hitting targets.

Accuracy for that bow is pretty terrible too. Does my accuracy improve over time like in Strife?
Hey I love your TC's :D .
I'm currently changing some enemy and gun stats to make the game easier. I'll try upgrading the rocket gun to see if it's more fun. I kinda like the randomness of the bow. The accuracy does not improve over time.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Hyperstyle wrote: I kinda like the randomness of the bow. The accuracy does not improve over time.
I think it fires slowly enough that it would balance the thing having dead-on accuracy with each shot. The rocket gun can get away with a bit of inaccuracy if it fires faster, but the explodey weapons are more tactical, so they'd need to be more reliable to make up for the fact that you can't use them all the time.

I also never use the alt fire for the rocket gun. I would use it a lot if it was a shotgun spread of rockets. :twisted:
Arno

Post by Arno »

For anyone interested, pagb666 recorded a complete playthrough of the first episode. All secrets are shown and the video quality is quite high. 8-)
Hyperstyle

Post by Hyperstyle »

ImpieTwo wrote:
Hyperstyle wrote: I kinda like the randomness of the bow. The accuracy does not improve over time.
I think it fires slowly enough that it would balance the thing having dead-on accuracy with each shot. The rocket gun can get away with a bit of inaccuracy if it fires faster, but the explodey weapons are more tactical, so they'd need to be more reliable to make up for the fact that you can't use them all the time.

I also never use the alt fire for the rocket gun. I would use it a lot if it was a shotgun spread of rockets. :twisted:
I tried playing with a very accurate crossbow, and yes, it feels nice. :D I'm going to change it. Rocket spread shot idea is awesome, but I want to keep the spiky balls. I'll make the attack at least much stronger, and maybe different in an update.
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

I gave this a little demo and I gotta say. You're doing a fantastic job creating a new game based on a cancelled game! I am gonna give you a full review once the game is finished!
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Do you have someone cleaning up the weapon sprites ?
I really like them (except the Plasma Wand because it fells underpowered)
But some sprites needs some serious clean-up , like in the Shockwave Grenade and the Power Crossbow principally
Hyperstyle

Post by Hyperstyle »

Dude27th wrote:Do you have someone cleaning up the weapon sprites ?
I really like them (except the Plasma Wand because it fells underpowered)
But some sprites needs some serious clean-up , like in the Shockwave Grenade and the Power Crossbow principally
Thanks for the feedback. The weapons will be more powerful in a future update. I do not have someone for cleaning up the weapon sprites, I made the grenade, crossbow and portal crossbow sprites with no sprite editing skills. It would be really nice if someone could clean them up.

Also thanks for your comments NeonLights95!
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by JoeyTD »

Hyperstyle wrote: Thanks for the feedback. The weapons will be more powerful in a future update. I do not have someone for cleaning up the weapon sprites, I made the grenade, crossbow and portal crossbow sprites with no sprite editing skills. It would be really nice if someone could clean them up.

Also thanks for your comments NeonLights95!
Cleaned up the nade for you.
Attachments
FGRNR0.png
FGRNR0.png (17.81 KiB) Viewed 832 times
FGRNP0.png
FGRNP0.png (19.93 KiB) Viewed 832 times
FGRNQ0.png
FGRNQ0.png (16.33 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Hyperstyle

Post by Hyperstyle »

Thanks JoeyTD, those look great! I cleaned up the crossbow sprites a bit myself.

I hope to release a new update next month with a lot of minor improvements and the original 4 demo levels.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”