Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby monkeybtm6 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:14 pm

monkeybtm6 wrote:Currently working on a zandronum specific addon for this that takes advantage of zandronums database features. so you can save your character data server side to pick up where you left off or take your same characters across multiple games and megawads.

Saves each class separately, saves stats, experience, and skills, it does not save weapons and armor.

it also saves your money and accessories across all the classes.


ive not had the chance to test it on a live server yet but its here if any want to test it in single player.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/epx29uz395lhh ... 1.PK3?dl=0

make sure its loaded after the main WoC mod.

IT ONLY WORKS IN ZANDRONUM, GZDOOM DOESNT HAVE THE DATABASE FUNCTIONS NEEDED FOR IT TO WORK.

Edit: Replaced download link with newer version.


helps if i actually remember to post when i update stuff.


i made a updated version of the zandronum database addon nearly a month ago.

fixed some bugs and made it save weapons now. had a change of heart and felt it works far better when playing through megawads co-op with a few friends.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2tw8co7dfet2 ... 3.PK3?dl=0
User avatar
monkeybtm6
 
Joined: 19 Dec 2014

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby AvzinElkein » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:56 am

Another thing: In Hexen, the keys don't show up properly in the minimap!
AvzinElkein
 
Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Discord: AvzinReborn#9162
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Derddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:44 am

monkeybtm6 wrote:
i made a updated version of the zandronum database addon nearly a month ago.

fixed some bugs and made it save weapons now. had a change of heart and felt it works far better when playing through megawads co-op with a few friends.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2tw8co7dfet2 ... 3.PK3?dl=0


Outstanding job! Actually works quite well with WoC v2! WoC v3 cant be played in multiplayer on Zandronum until/if/when the Wendigo crashing issue is fixed.

Can characters be saved to a file then restored after reloading a server or is it only in the memory?
User avatar
Derddy
 
Joined: 07 Sep 2019

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby irontusk341 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:37 am

Derddy wrote:
monkeybtm6 wrote:
i made a updated version of the zandronum database addon nearly a month ago.

fixed some bugs and made it save weapons now. had a change of heart and felt it works far better when playing through megawads co-op with a few friends.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2tw8co7dfet2 ... 3.PK3?dl=0


Outstanding job! Actually works quite well with WoC v2! WoC v3 cant be played in multiplayer on Zandronum until/if/when the Wendigo crashing issue is fixed.

Can characters be saved to a file then restored after reloading a server or is it only in the memory?


Since Thetis's WOC is essential to my Heretic TC Mod project, Im working on a version of V3a that will make it multiplayer compatible. Since my Heretic TC Mod wont contain any Wendigo's after its released in march, but instead replaced with "Frozen Horror" sprites ripped from diablo 2.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Derddy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:28 am

irontusk341 wrote:Since Thetis's WOC is essential to my Heretic TC Mod project, Im working on a version of V3a that will make it multiplayer compatible. Since my Heretic TC Mod wont contain any Wendigo's after its released in march, but instead replaced with "Frozen Horror" sprites ripped from diablo 2.


That sounds great. :) So, are you going to make an addon/patch to just fix the Wendigos or a whole different WoC that also happens to fix that problem or perhaps both?
User avatar
Derddy
 
Joined: 07 Sep 2019

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby irontusk341 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:04 am

Derddy wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:Since Thetis's WOC is essential to my Heretic TC Mod project, Im working on a version of V3a that will make it multiplayer compatible. Since my Heretic TC Mod wont contain any Wendigo's after its released in march, but instead replaced with "Frozen Horror" sprites ripped from diablo 2.


That sounds great. :) So, are you going to make an addon/patch to just fix the Wendigos or a whole different WoC that also happens to fix that problem or perhaps both?


i actually replaced the wendigos from Hexen with Diablo 2's LOD act 5 monster Frozen Horror. They both operate the same way but the Frozen horror is faster and has increased attack speed, using Arctic Blast (frost breath) instead of Ice Shards. but without the game crashing bug.

Frozen Horror Sprite
https://www.mediafire.com/file/t3jdrkmq ... H.wad/file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Derddy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:05 pm

irontusk341 wrote:i actually replaced the wendigos from Hexen with Diablo 2's LOD act 5 monster Frozen Horror. They both operate the same way but the Frozen horror is faster and has increased attack speed, using Arctic Blast (frost breath) instead of Ice Shards. but without the game crashing bug.

Frozen Horror Sprite
https://www.mediafire.com/file/t3jdrkmq ... H.wad/file


Real good idea and looks great. I can't seem to swap them out at my skill level though. :? I tried making a pk3 from that wad and couldn't get it to work in Hexen.
User avatar
Derddy
 
Joined: 07 Sep 2019

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby monkeybtm6 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:04 pm

Derddy wrote:
monkeybtm6 wrote:
i made a updated version of the zandronum database addon nearly a month ago.

fixed some bugs and made it save weapons now. had a change of heart and felt it works far better when playing through megawads co-op with a few friends.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2tw8co7dfet2 ... 3.PK3?dl=0


Outstanding job! Actually works quite well with WoC v2! WoC v3 cant be played in multiplayer on Zandronum until/if/when the Wendigo crashing issue is fixed.

Can characters be saved to a file then restored after reloading a server or is it only in the memory?



its saved to a serverside database file, so you can use it to even carry over characters across multiple megawads/games.

and im aware of the wendigo crash but this should work fine if you dont use the monster replacer for doom megawads.
User avatar
monkeybtm6
 
Joined: 19 Dec 2014

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby irontusk341 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:47 am

Derddy wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:i actually replaced the wendigos from Hexen with Diablo 2's LOD act 5 monster Frozen Horror. They both operate the same way but the Frozen horror is faster and has increased attack speed, using Arctic Blast (frost breath) instead of Ice Shards. but without the game crashing bug.

Frozen Horror Sprite
https://www.mediafire.com/file/t3jdrkmq ... H.wad/file


Real good idea and looks great. I can't seem to swap them out at my skill level though. :? I tried making a pk3 from that wad and couldn't get it to work in Hexen.

I think if you know the sprite actor number assigned to the wendigo, and replace the actor number of the FH sprite with the wendigo number and specifically state “actor replaces wendigo” it should work. But I’m on my phone and not at a computer at the moment to tell you for certain.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Crudux Cruo » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:53 pm

So, the Assassin...
I generally like the idea of this character, but some of the implementation isn't great. Why isn't lunge the strong attack as part of the weapon? why is the dagger weak sauce/ slow compared to the hunter's machete?
why do all of her ranged weapons feel generic and underpowered?

Like... idk this character very much feels like an afterthought. She isn't nearly as deadly as the necromancer or the hunter she's suppose to be in between.
User avatar
Crudux Cruo
"It's howdy doody time kiddies, the bad man is here."
 
Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Location: California

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Zomboy108 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Have no idea if this was posted in this thread, but there seems to be an issue when using Necromancer. If you are playing on a server, and die when having a pet/minion/companion, the server softlocks and resets. For now, I'll have to go back to the v2 version of this mod, but please let me know i this can be fixed/will be fixed
Zomboy108
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2017

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby zombie_ryushu » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:38 am

I Can confirm that Wrath of Cronos Ice attacks Crash Zandronum. Still I am looking for people to assist with my Wrath of Cronos specific Project.
zombie_ryushu
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2017

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby irontusk341 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:43 pm

it seems Zandronum is becoming less and less friendly to WOC... :(
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby r&r » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:24 am

Abit of a request but the same topic
can anyone make a compatibility patch for this mod for Heretic map Encrypter?
User avatar
r&r
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2017

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Zomboy108 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Where does this serverside database save to? (Of course, if its a saved file on the system and not saved onto the mod itself)
Zomboy108
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darkrune, doomduck and 13 guests