Compendium - Classic Megawad Compilation

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gadosen

Re: Compendium - Classic Megawad Compilation

Post by Gadosen »

7HEPOW wrote:I really don't wanna know how long it took to put all of this together! :D

Though I've not yet found technical issues yet, here are two visual glitches:
Spoiler:
I've seen some more, but didn't screenshot them. Will do so in the future. Thanks for working on this!!
What hud is this in the D4D screenshot?
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

It's Argent, not D4D.
Whitestellar

Post by Whitestellar »

Well, i have a little advice for you:
First, the wad need a way to show what wad you have finished or how many time you finished the wad, help to keep track what wads i don't played
And the last, have the year of the wad in somewhere, i would love to see the "progress" of the wad, or at least, a list of 'order' to play the wads :3
But, none the less, this is a good thing, a compendium to bring every single good wad under a single roof, and one who do not reset your stats everytime i go throgh a new level
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Map 4 of Doom Resurrection the yellow key isn't showing up for me. :(
doomfan

Post by doomfan »

Thank You, you're a hero. You deserve a gf with big tits.
invictius

Post by invictius »

What's the name of the intertitle music? The ogg is just called untitled.
sirleviatan

Post by sirleviatan »

You have created a Mod that has already transcend in history, one of the best without a doubt, thanks.
Srthynor

Post by Srthynor »

I've been playing Compendium for a while and decided to play through every megawad and give a little opinion on each one, I've played through NeoDoom, Eternal Doom, Trooper's Playground, The Abyss, Cyberdreams, Operation Biowar, and Mancubus so far. For now I'll just record that in Neodoom, in map 28 there's supposed to be a wall that lowers when you reach a step blocked by a floor raised up, unleashing a bunch of pinkies and allowing you to go on, but it doesn't open. In Eternal Doom, (also level 28), there's a mechanic where you have to break the glass to access buttons, but they don't break so you get stuck. Last major bugs I've found so far is that in Cyberdreams, the last switch in map 12 is broken and doesn't open the exit, and the switch on map 19 doesn't activate the raising floors to kill the cyberdemons. I haven't found any other bugs in any of the other wads I've played so far though, I'll report back when I've found a few more or I finish all the megawads.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Thank you for the reports, and thanks everyone else for the kind words also. I've been meaning to get back to updating this but I've been busy with university as well as other projects, I'll definitely keep this in mind once I get around to sorting the bugs list I have. Given it's over 1000 maps I tested as many as I could but couldn't get to realistically test them all myself, so I am actually impressed at how comparatively few bugs there are.
Terashi

Post by Terashi »

Any decent maps in the Compendium that don't require jumping? Playing GMOTA and two of the three characters don't seem to want to react when I press the jump button.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Terashi wrote:Any decent maps in the Compendium that don't require jumping? Playing GMOTA and two of the three characters don't seem to want to react when I press the jump button.
Many of the levels in Compendium were designed without a jump button in mind, since they predate an era where there even was such a thing in Doom. Therefore, these maps have a map info flag enabled that disables jumping. You can forcibly enable jumping from the options menus.
VGA

Post by VGA »

doomfan wrote:Thank You, you're a hero. You deserve a gf with big tits.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol:
Terashi

Post by Terashi »

wildweasel wrote:
Terashi wrote:Any decent maps in the Compendium that don't require jumping? Playing GMOTA and two of the three characters don't seem to want to react when I press the jump button.
Many of the levels in Compendium were designed without a jump button in mind, since they predate an era where there even was such a thing in Doom. Therefore, these maps have a map info flag enabled that disables jumping. You can forcibly enable jumping from the options menus.
Yeah, I saw that after I posted. Was playing Brotherhood of Ruin and one part of the first or second map is a giant pit. I was basically asking if there were any maps that avoided that kind of scenery. But I'm kind of done with GMOTA now.
Milestone

Post by Milestone »

Say, I saw a list of all of the mapsets in this compilation, but is there also a quick list sitting around with how many levels are in each mapset? I've been using Compendium to mess with different gameplay mods, and I'd love to know which ones are "not-that-many maps" compared to "almost a full set".
axredneck
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

Milestone wrote:Say, I saw a list of all of the mapsets in this compilation, but is there also a quick list sitting around with how many levels are in each mapset? I've been using Compendium to mess with different gameplay mods, and I'd love to know which ones are "not-that-many maps" compared to "almost a full set".
You can open it with Slade and look

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”