Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
OrbitalSpaceGarbage
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Post by OrbitalSpaceGarbage »

Getting the following error when I try and create a new project.

Code: Select all

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
GZDB: R3352
Platform: x64

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Error setting render target: glCheckFramebufferStatus did not return GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.RenderDevice.ClearTexture(Color4 backcolor, Texture texture)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.Renderer2D.CreateRendertargets()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.Renderer2D..ctor(RenderDevice graphics)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.InitializeNewMap(MapOptions options)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.NewMap()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

It is sadly a known issue with the Intel UHD. So far I haven't figured out why it can't create such a basic framebuffer setup and without such a card myself it is not easy to keep trying configurations until it works.
simc

Post by simc »

OrbitalSpaceGarbage wrote:Getting the following error when I try and create a new project.
I had the same GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE problem with a Win 10 1909/HD 520 laptop. Then I found the Intel driver loader:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... -Assistant

After loading the new graphics driver and some other Intel system drivers UDB runs fine.
One note, r3350 x86 gave me a slightly different error message than x64. The x64's error was the same as Orbital's.

Code: Select all

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
GZDB: R3350
Platform: x86

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Error setting render target: glCheckFramebufferStatus did not return GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE
   ... CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.Renderer2D.CreateRendertargets() ... w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Rendering\Renderer2D.cs:row 350
   ... CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.Renderer2D..ctor(RenderDevice graphics) ... w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Rendering\Renderer2D.cs:row 139
   ... CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.InitializeNewMap(MapOptions options) ... w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:row 267
   ... CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.NewMap() ... w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\General\General.cs:row 1049
   ... CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin() ... w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Actions\Action.cs:row 266
   ... CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname) ... w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Actions\ActionManager.cs:row 426
   ... CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e) ... w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:row 454
   System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
[...]
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Okay so it is a bug in the driver that can be fixed by upgrading it. Thanks for that feedback, simc. :)
Pedro vc

Post by Pedro vc »

For some reason, in my nodebuilder settings the configuration for testing was empty and every time I tried to use Visplane Explorer I got a crash instead of a sensible warning message. It's easily fixed by changing the nodebuilder, but it still can make unwary people to lose map progress
rileymartin

Post by rileymartin »

A couple of days ago I started a new map and noticed that UDB crashes every time when trying to save it. I guess freezes is the more accurate description. No error message or anything, just goes into (not responding) mode. Doesn't seem to happen to existing maps I've been working on and I have no idea what could be causing it. :S

Edit: Disregard this. Re-installing seemed to work.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Now, that the initial dust of introducing UDB has settled, I would like to renew an old request

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=54957&p=1015764&hilit=screenshot#p1015764
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=54957&hilit=screenshot&start=615#p1015857

Taking screenshots of the editor with the key bound to take screenshots, in my case F10, stills leads to screenshots with a 7 pixel border on left, right and bottom of the image

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/QH73Aet[/imgur]

On a neutral background it is not so bad, but on a busy background it can be a bit distracting.

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/im1ZXK1[/imgur]

Also, could the image format be changed to png instead of jpeg?
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

Kappes Buur wrote:Taking screenshots of the editor with the key bound to take screenshots, in my case F10, stills leads to screenshots with a 7 pixel border on left, right and bottom of the image
Because it screenshots a the window including it's shadow. Maybe it's possible somehow to disable shadows. I'm on Linux so i can, but i guess you are on Windows...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I wonder - after watching the Build2 video at Ken Silverman's homepage - would it be possible to implement multi user editing into UDB?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Tormentor667 wrote:I wonder - after watching the Build2 video at Ken Silverman's homepage - would it be possible to implement multi user editing into UDB?
Would it be possible? Yes, of course. Likely to happen? Considering the amount of work involved I would not want to hold my breath that long, so unlikely.

I had asked a similar question if multi-monitor editing is on the horizon. The answers was a definite NO. :(

But hopefully it will be a thing eventually.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Wouldn't that require netcode?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

I've noticed an issue while adding editor numbers to my gameplay mod MetaDoom where mod content that reuses resources from one of the loaded resources (like IWAD sprites or lights.pk3) can be improperly detected as missing (since it's not in the main mod) and flagged as an error.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

I will experiment on networked map editing

edit: don't expect anything fast though, since I have time mainly on the weekend
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

ZZYZX wrote:I will experiment on networked map editing

edit: don't expect anything fast though, since I have time mainly on the weekend
Thanks for considering this, I find this very amazing and motivating working with someone together on a map at the same time.
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

Just wondering if it is possible to speed up resource loading. Or can I do something about it? I have about 200 megs resources and it takes about 20 seconds to load. And even then most of textures aren't loaded.

I sure have old laptop.. But it has 8 gigs of memory and SSD drive. Lenovo T430.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”