SIGIL and NRFTL as expansions like HEXDD

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

SIGIL and NRFTL as expansions like HEXDD

Post by Rachael »

These are skeletal PK3's that, when placed in GZDoom's IWAD search path, will allow for selecting the relevant games from the IWAD selector. No content from these games has actually been placed into these files.

I highly recommend you do not install these unless you have the required files for it. Obviously I cannot include them here for copyright reasons. SIGIL is available for free here, with the optional Buckethead music addon available for purchase, and you can get NRFTL by purchasing the BFG edition here.

Not everyone is going to like the additional IWAD entries this creates. If you feel like your IWAD list is a bit cluttered, don't use these.
nerve.ipk3
No Rest for the Living
(488 Bytes) Downloaded 325 times
sigil.ipk3
Sigil of Baphomet
(385 Bytes) Downloaded 356 times
sigil2.ipk3
Sigil I / Sigil II
(420 Bytes) Downloaded 59 times

Also - ESTIERCOL made one for the "masterlevels.wad" distributed with Doom Classic Complete on PSN. Thank you! Here's the link: download/file.php?id=36979
Last edited by Rachael on Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hipnotic Rogue

Re: SIGIL and NRFTL as expansions like HEXDD

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Thank you. As a player, it's always nice to have more choice in how I set up my game. :)
wolfmanfp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by wolfmanfp »

I made one for Chex Quest 2. Sure it's easy to make, but it's here, if somebody needs it.
Attachments
chex2.ipk3
(354 Bytes) Downloaded 155 times
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I like this. It's a nice way to give people the option of having these supported or not.
ESTIERCOL
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ESTIERCOL »

This is very convenient, I made one for MASTERLEVELS.WAD distributed with Doom Classic Complete on PSN.
Attachments
masterlevels.ipk3
(391 Bytes) Downloaded 233 times
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thank you! I added it to the first post. :)
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Actually it's not that simple to support that wad. From Doomwiki:
f Crispy Doom is able to detect MASTERLEVELS.WAD, it can be loaded as a PWAD for Doom 2, with fixes to ensure that Tag 666 still works properly in the fourteenth and fifteenth levels. If the normal exit in MAP20 is activated, the game will end with a simple congratulatory message, which is also shown if the player finds the secret exit to MAP21 and finishes that level.

Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG can assemble the individual Master Levels WADs into a copy of MASTERLEVELS.WAD. Like Crispy Doom, the port ensures that the necessary maps behave as they're supposed to despite using a different level number, and also includes a second file titled mlbls.wad. The contents of this wad include a custom INTERPIC based on that of Doom 2, but colored white to match the boxart of Master Levels, level names to appear on the intermission screen, and John Anderson's starry sky textures. Unlike Crispy Doom, there are different endings depending on whether or not the secret exit is found on MAP20.
If someone wants to do a PR for LZDoom...
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

wolfmanfp wrote:I made one for Chex Quest 2. Sure it's easy to make, but it's here, if somebody needs it.
That probably won't work because CQ2 has actor modifications. Better use CQ3 instead, that one has the modified actors defined in DECORATE.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

How does it work in recent versions of LZDoom? When placing in the folders nothing else happens.
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

wolfmanfp wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:05 am I made one for Chex Quest 2. Sure it's easy to make, but it's here, if somebody needs it.
But what's the point in that? Chex 3 includes everything from Chex 1 and 2.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Agitatio wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:22 am
wolfmanfp wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:05 am I made one for Chex Quest 2. Sure it's easy to make, but it's here, if somebody needs it.
But what's the point in that? Chex 3 includes everything from Chex 1 and 2.
That was a three-year old post that you quoted...

But I'll answer it nonetheless: historical curiosity. The content of Chex 2 is quite a bit different from the content in Chex 3; mostly because the second episode in Chex 3 is, let's be honest, much better. Everything got tuned up and prettified. But if you want to compare to the original Chex 2 release to see just how much it was improved in Chex 3, well, then, here you go.
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

Gez wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:33 am That was a three-year old post that you quoted...
Whoops, my bad! Noticed this thread being bumped but forgot to check the dates.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Added a Sigil II loader

Return to “Script Library”