[4.3.3] Powerups no longer play sounds

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
SanyaWaffles
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 for the Motorola Powerstack II
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[4.3.3] Powerups no longer play sounds

Post by SanyaWaffles »

When using the ActiveSound for PowerDamage, or the various sounds for PowerProtection, I no longer hear the sounds being emitted when the player gets hit (in the case of PowerProtection) or whenever your are attacking (with PowerDamage). They worked before... I think this is a regression related to the A_StartSound and related stuff as I know it worked before.

I can confirm that the sounds are defined properly.

Minimal example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cqqutwbqzdpm ... g.pk3?dl=1

summon OrbOfProtection and summon QuadDamage and see that none of the sounds are playing as they should be.

Oddly my DoEffect sounds work fine with A_StartSound. I have no idea why they aren't working otherwise though.

EDIT: I think I found the problem. A_StartSound instances in the Powerups department didn't get their flags updated:

Code: Select all

if (Owner != null && newdamage < damage) Owner.A_StartSound(ActiveSound, CHAN_AUTO, 1.0, false, ATTN_NONE);
should be

Code: Select all

if (Owner != null && newdamage < damage) Owner.A_StartSound(ActiveSound, CHAN_AUTO, CHANF_DEFAULT, 1.0, ATTN_NONE);
EDIT 2: I can confirm this is indeed the problem after fixing the ZScript on my project's side. Several A_StartSound calls are omitting the flags parameter.
Last edited by SanyaWaffles on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_mental_

Re: [4.3.3] Powerups no longer play sounds

Post by _mental_ »

Fixed in 081cf81.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”