Skulltag Emulation - Version 2

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Solid-Head

Re: Skulltag Emulation - Version 2

Post by Solid-Head »

TDRR wrote: Sorry if it's not the answer you might have expected, but i don't think i'm going to get it out any time soon.
No Armageddon 2 for GZdoom any time soon :cry:
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by TDRR »

Solid-Head wrote:No Armageddon 2 for GZdoom any time soon :cry:
Even if i finished Skulltag Emulation v3, there still wouldn't be any Armageddon 2 for GZDoom, as it would require redoing all the code again to support the different Invasion system.

So yeah, a mostly pointless job if you ask me.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

As past Skulltag contributor (and team member) I think Skulltag should be resurrected. Don't know if it can be done without Carnevil permission.
I loved Skulltag, and didn't connect at all to Zandronum.
I could even resurrect and improve my double-resolution pack for it (I did already improved some art since).
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

doomjedi wrote:As past Skulltag contributor (and team member) I think Skulltag should be resurrected. Don't know if it can be done without Carnevil permission.
I loved Skulltag, and didn't connect at all to Zandronum.
I could even resurrect and improve my double-resolution pack for it (I did already improved some art since).
I think all that should be done on the matter is just continuing adding stuff to skulltag-content, stuff like new maps, new items (weapons, powerups, runes, etc.) and putting out a version of Zandronum that autoloads this on startup optionally. I would love to help with any DECORATE/ACS stuff needed, and maybe some of the mapping.
If that happens i'll gladly make a separate Skulltag Emulation version with all the new content.

Making a separate sourceport like it was in the past is way too overkill and really unnecessary, at least that's my opinion.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

TDRR wrote:Making a separate sourceport like it was in the past is way too overkill and really unnecessary, at least that's my opinion.
I can agree.
Yes, Skulltag option/version of Zandronum could be nice.
VriskaSerket

Post by VriskaSerket »

Is there a way to have the powerups and runes without weapons and everything else?
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

VriskaSerket wrote:Is there a way to have the powerups and runes without weapons and everything else?
Here's a mod i made just for that: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cgn98fuy ... y.pk3/file
The spawns are rather unbalanced, and the rage rune will probably not work well with some mods, but otherwise everything works fine.
doomjedi wrote:I can agree.
Yes, Skulltag option/version of Zandronum could be nice.
You should maybe start by making a thread over at the Zandronum forums about adding more stuff to Skulltag Content, making some art for new powerups or something would get the ball rolling.
VriskaSerket

Post by VriskaSerket »

TDRR wrote:Here's a mod i made just for that: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cgn98fuy ... y.pk3/file
The spawns are rather unbalanced, and the rage rune will probably not work well with some mods, but otherwise everything works fine.
Hey, that's awesome! Thanks a lot man!
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

TDRR wrote: You should maybe start by making a thread over at the Zandronum forums about adding more stuff to Skulltag Content,
(with starwars voice) Hope my old code password still checks out :)

Is there a place for the updated "Skulltag Content", whatever that means?
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Can't post on Zandronum forum, can't upload avatar, can't change password...get that "the submitted port is invalid" message.
Help?

Tried to contact them over discord now:
Your message could not be delivered because you don't share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient.
Screw that, really, I gave up on the idea. The don't seem to want to be contacted.
That's it, forget about me.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

doomjedi wrote:Can't post on Zandronum forum, can't upload avatar, can't change password...get that "the submitted port is invalid" message.
Help?

Tried to contact them over discord now:
Your message could not be delivered because you don't share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient.
Screw that, really, I gave up on the idea. The don't seem to want to be contacted.
That's it, forget about me.
You need to be friends with them first. That's not a Zandro issue but a Discord one.

I have access to Zandro discord, i could ask for you if you want.

Unrelated, but thanks for your work as Team Raycast ;) Green Arrow is really great.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

You need to be friends with them first. That's not a Zandro issue but a Discord one.
Donnow, it's not like I tried to PM someone, I tried to post on #support channel, thought it's for....support. Thought it's public.
I'm not talking about PM, just...posts.
I'm a member of quite alot of discords (and administrating TR discord as well) , don't know discords that you need to be "friends" to someone on order to make a public post.
I have access to Zandro discord, i could ask for you if you want.
Ok, you can try.
Unrelated, but thanks for your work as Team Raycast ;) Green Arrow is really great.
There is "Origins" remastered version on the way as well, also (with a different team) - working to finish the "Blade of Agony".
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

How can I get the extra monsters and powerups/runes to spawn in singleplayer, or do they do that automatically?
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

doomjedi wrote: Donnow, it's not like I tried to PM someone, I tried to post on #support channel, thought it's for....support. Thought it's public.
I'm not talking about PM, just...posts.
I'm a member of quite alot of discords (and administrating TR discord as well) , don't know discords that you need to be "friends" to someone on order to make a public post.
This is for PM posts. I am not sure why you cannot post anything there - I recently joined the Zandro discord and can post there.

I reckon the TR discord is closed eh?
doomjedi wrote: Ok, you can try.
What should i ask for? :wink:
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

TheOldKingCole wrote:How can I get the extra monsters and powerups/runes to spawn in singleplayer, or do they do that automatically?
Skulltag Emulation is only for precise Skulltag... emulation. That means that nothing of the new content will spawn on maps that don't have them by default, however i made a standalone mod for spawning runes and powerups to spawn randomly in singleplayer: SE_RuneAndPowerOnly.pk3, make sure to NOT load this with skulltagemulationv2.pk3!

As for monsters... I haven't done that yet. It would be extremely hard to spawn the new monsters in a balanced way however, so not sure if i'll ever do that.

doomjedi, here's the link to the Skulltag Content thread: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6242
There appears to have been interest in adding new content (The thread mentions "and possibly add new (or forgotten) content") so it would probably be a good idea to post something there. Art for a new powerup or something should be enough to spark some interest i feel. If you can't get stuff sorted out to post things on the Zandronum forum you could ask someone (Dunnow or me) to post it for you. (Or, well, just make a new account)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”