[Release ver"4.0" 10/12/2020] StickGuy In DooM

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Redead-ITA

[Release ver"4.0" 10/12/2020] StickGuy In DooM

Post by Redead-ITA »

Thanks a lot for Diema with the help on the logo.
Thanks a lot for Diema with the help on the logo.
title7.png (1.88 KiB) Viewed 4822 times
Stickguytitle.png
Have you ever wanted to play a character and mod and though "Man, what if the character instead of using their weapons, they used the weapons from DooM?"... wait, you didn't though about that?

Well that's ok! if you are curious about it now, i shall now bring you a simple character mod of mine: it allows you to play as a stickman
Spoiler: What does it have of unique?
Spoiler: What's the story with this stick?
Download
Tested the mod on The latest GZdoom but it should work with any version that supports the 3.8 zscript library
Works with the Ultimate doom, DooM 2 and expansions! (has special toglable support for Ultimate doom, Sigil and Doom 2 for Intermissions (best played on Doom Complete.))
Spoiler: Previous versions

Screenshot Here (Outdated)(Played this with Scythe)
Features:
  • Most weapons being angled, others not!
    Gameplay mod that despite having a monster replacement it can be still be played with monster mods.
    Voice acted (by me)
    Very similar to vanilla doom, with some extra here and there!
    Just one unique concept or 4!
    ROTT2K13 Style reloading for the pistol!
    Pointing and taunting.
    Punching.
    That burger from Stickman on Crack
    And more
Issues:
Audio might be slightly too loud in some cases (this one is my opinion though, let me know if it is actually loud or not)
Spoiler: Credits
Spoiler: Changelog
Last edited by Redead-ITA on Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:22 am, edited 14 times in total.
Redead-ITA

Re: [Release ver"1.0" 9/1/2020] StickGuy In DooM

Post by Redead-ITA »

Mod updated!
Now hud as proper scaling and has extra effects (just one though, but you can turn it off through the mod options)
The download Link has been updated
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Could very well be the Post-2000's pivot revival we all needed - definitely needs more pivot sound effects.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

EddieMann wrote:Could very well be the Post-2000's pivot revival we all needed - definitely needs more pivot sound effects.
I can see what you mean by it, just need to copy some voice lines from tf2 and simpson, rip the scream from the pivot animations and get one big burger for it, and i might be onto something!
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

While not exactly anything that strange or unusual, it was a suprising walk down memory lane with the Stick Fights and Madness Combat's of the world. 7/10 mod, 11/10 nostalgia trip
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

UnbornDecay25 wrote:While not exactly anything that strange or unusual, it was a suprising walk down memory lane with the Stick Fights and Madness Combat's of the world. 7/10 mod, 11/10 nostalgia trip
Glad you liked it, if you were to check the sprite animation for the character you would notice some unique ways the character would run,got damaged, shooting depending on the direction
Redead-ITA

StickGuy In DooM 2.0

Post by Redead-ITA »

Well after a long time, i'd like to introduce you all to
STICKGUY IN DOOM 2.0 UPDATE
2000'S REINASANCE
Yes i know this ins't really fitting for the update, but here it is anyway.
Yes i know this ins't really fitting for the update, but here it is anyway.
INTER1.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 6601 times
Links and Changelog in the description, considering this is still the first page.

Feedback and bug reports are always appricieated
Redead-ITA

Re: [Release ver"2.0.1" 19/3/2020] StickGuy In DooM

Post by Redead-ITA »

Sorry for the doublepost but i Updated the mod again, now it has proper Support for 3.8
Redead-ITA

Re: [Release ver"3.0" 8/8/2020] StickGuy In DooM

Post by Redead-ITA »

Pardon for the tripple necrebump but after 10000 years of work it is finally ready.
STICKGUY IN DOOM 3.0 UPDATE
Flash of Spectable
Titlepic.png
Titlepic.png (4.2 KiB) Viewed 5512 times
Comes with a lot of changes, along with Actual titlepic and title that can change depending on what mappack (May vary depending how big is it).
a new foe that might have a chance of appearing at the place of a cyberdemon
Weapon system rewritten to be more elegant, and some small extras
and 2 new weapons.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Redead-ITA wrote:
EddieMann wrote:Could very well be the Post-2000's pivot revival we all needed - definitely needs more pivot sound effects.
I can see what you mean by it, just need to copy some voice lines from tf2 and simpson, rip the scream from the pivot animations and get one big burger for it, and i might be onto something!
Do it... You know what this community needs.

Oh, and good luck figuring out how to turnn pivot sprites from Droidz into doom sprites, if that's possible. I know they have a selection of first person sprites out there.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

EddieMann wrote:Do it... You know what this community needs.
Well the stock scream and the burger did end up in the mod, they were available since 2 updates ago.
as for the quotes i am not sure where to put em.
EddieMann wrote:Oh, and good luck figuring out how to turnn pivot sprites from Droidz into doom sprites, if that's possible. I know they have a selection of first person sprites out there.
I mean i could try and draw em instead, i also have some more additional concepts for new and painful enemies to add in to, but right as i just released the mod i want to relax and take a break!
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Redead-ITA wrote:
EddieMann wrote:Do it... You know what this community needs.
Well the stock scream and the burger did end up in the mod, they were available since 2 updates ago.
as for the quotes i am not sure where to put em.
EddieMann wrote:Oh, and good luck figuring out how to turnn pivot sprites from Droidz into doom sprites, if that's possible. I know they have a selection of first person sprites out there.
I mean i could try and draw em instead, i also have some more additional concepts for new and painful enemies to add in to, but right as i just released the mod i want to relax and take a break!
That's fine, it doesn't need to come out like right this very moment.
Redead-ITA

Re: [Release ver"4.0" 10/12/2020] StickGuy In DooM

Post by Redead-ITA »

Today marks the last Update for Stickguy in doom for a looong time you can download it the Op changelog as been added.
This will be the last time i will update the mod for a couple of reasons as i am trying to prioritize some other things in life,
however i am open for people to do addons or modifications of the mod, as long as you ask permission in regards of it.

I Hope people enjoy the mod as much as i had fun making it even if it's very tame.
Have a crossover inter pic
Have a crossover inter pic
INTER6.png (7.15 KiB) Viewed 4822 times
Edit: Updated the mod again, one of the weapons appararently could be used even without ammunition so i fixed it.
Edit2: Updated the mod AGAIN this time fixed an issue with the game thinking of having 76 intermissions screens while it only has 7 making the other 69 implied intermission screens to be too many.
Edit3: Fixed an issue with the plasma gun having the reverse for zoom and reload attacks for some reason.
Edit4: Updated for a ballance act, a crate type and a certain item are now rarer to find.
Linz

Post by Linz »

Oh hey,you're the guy who made Stickguy for BYOC?
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Linz wrote:Oh hey,you're the guy who made Stickguy for BYOC?
Yeah
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”