Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Benjogami

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Post by Benjogami »

ZZYZX wrote:ew. Looks like all winforms issues. Version of WINE? Version of UDB? (are you using x86 one?)
WINE 4.0 with a 32-bit prefix (I think) and UDB R3340-x86. I'm not sure what my .NET/mono situation is, but since UDB launched I figured I was good to go in that regard.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

I'm getting this:

Code: Select all

Method not found: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'.
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.Plugin..ctor(String filename)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.PluginManager.LoadAllPlugins()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.Main(String[] args)

after trying to boot it. Help fixing it please.
kaleb.

Post by kaleb. »

Benjogami wrote:Excited to use Doom Builder in Linux, but I'm running into some problems:

1. When I try to go into Tools -> Preferences, UDB hangs.

2. It seems like alt key is stuck or something: when I press "s" to enter Sectors mode, for example, the Sectors menu opens instead. Similarly, when I press "e" to go forward in Visual mode, the Edit menu opens.

3. When using the mouse in Visual mode, I can only turn 90 degress left and right, and when I turn all the way right, the undo/redo history thing pops up. Seems like the pointer is still active or something.

4. The map-selection dialog only shows the last 5 maps, and when I select them they actually open the first 5 maps.

I'm pretty new to Linux and WINE, so if I'm slow to understand the steps to fix/workaround, I apologize. :D

Thanks!
yea i get these exact same issues on the same version of UDB and Wine
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Now that the text editor has been taken out of the editor, could an external text editor be linked into UDB.
Something like in Slade3 or Deepsea.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Does SLADE support opening a file from a specified archive?

i.e. to call it like "slade.exe <archive> <lump>"

Or what exactly do you mean by linking? Where do you expect it to be connected?
SanyaWaffles
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 for the Motorola Powerstack II
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SanyaWaffles »

I have a PNG that has translucency and it renders like this instead of the actual transparency levels.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

ZZYZX wrote:Does SLADE support opening a file from a specified archive?
In Slade3 I can specify an external text editor, for example Notepad++
Spoiler:
and then, clicking on a text lump I can specify to use Notepad++
Spoiler:
an opened in Notepad++
Spoiler:
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

SanyaWaffles wrote:I have a PNG that has translucency and it renders like this instead of the actual transparency levels.
Ok, that's bad. Can you please provide the PNG and screenshot from GZDoom to see what should it look like?

Unrelated: there may be crashes related to typing texture names in edit dialogs. If anyone experiences this, please revert to previous version. Will be addressed ASAP
Gez

Post by Gez »

Kappes Buur wrote:
ZZYZX wrote:Does SLADE support opening a file from a specified archive?
In Slade3 I can specify an external text editor, for example Notepad++
Spoiler:
and then, clicking on a text lump I can specify to use Notepad++
Spoiler:
an opened in Notepad++
Spoiler:

The problem here is that behind the hood, it's still editing the lump. What happens is that SLADE creates a temporary file, runs the external editor on it, and monitors what's happening. Once the external editor is closed, it imports back the temporary file's content into the lump.

The reason editing MAPINFO/DECORATE/etc. was taken out of GZDB-BF/UDB is that it doesn't really fit well with how DB is geared towards editing maps, and nothing else. It wasn't a problem with loading text content into the text editor.
SanyaWaffles
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 for the Motorola Powerstack II

Post by SanyaWaffles »

ZZYZX wrote:
SanyaWaffles wrote:I have a PNG that has translucency and it renders like this instead of the actual transparency levels.
Ok, that's bad. Can you please provide the PNG and screenshot from GZDoom to see what should it look like?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gth9dzwupr3hx ... 0.png?dl=1 is the sprite

AlexMax
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 22H2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by AlexMax »

Would it be possible to add an option to the installer to install the program just for the user? Considering that GZDB comes with an updater built in, and the updater needs administrative privileges to update when it's installed to Program Files, it seems like defaulting to the user's program files directory is the smarter play, instead of the global one.

Since Windows Vista, Windows comes with what are called "Known Folders", and one of those folders that exists since Windows 7 is a User-specific Program Files directory. You can query it with the FOLDERID_UserProgramFiles GUID, and I bet that the installer has something built-in that will query that, but if not, the default is %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Latest (Jan 18) x64 build on drdteam is 1mb smaller than all previous x64 and x86 builds. Was something accidentally left out of the latest x64 build?
YukiRaven

Post by YukiRaven »

I noticed this just today. Sometimes, particular lights are not shown in 3D mode. This doesn't seem to depend on the dynamic light count or angle, so I don't believe it's because there are too many lights being drawn. In fact it worked in GZDB-Bf.

Notice the yeloow and red ones on the right vs on the left. These are both normal lights (thing 9800), and are identical - they were copied. If I move the bad light to a different part of the map, it still doesn't show up.

In-game it's fine:

r3351 32-bit on Linux, wine-5.0-rc2 with wine-staging patches, nVidia 1080 with driver 440.40
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

Bit of a workflow problem: Files being used as resources are locked from modification, I.E. you can't manage a texture pack from Slade while a map is using it. (I believe DB went through this ages ago as well.)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Have you tried this?
ZZYZX wrote:Map being locked won't be fixed (this is required for editor's functionality)
(maybe it will be fixed later though, not sure what exactly is the issue)
RESOURCES being locked though, can be fixed by choosing "open map resources in read-only mode". If this doesn't work — that's a bug.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”