Ashes: Dead Man Walking

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ryoshenron

Re: Ashes: Dead Man Walking (Invincible Toilet Edition)

Post by ryoshenron »

Great addon for what is now one of my all-time favorite Doom mods! And the perfect thing to tide me over while waiting for more from the original TC creator. I hope to see more maps for this mod from you as well now, so I get as much Ashes 2063 to play as possible.
Gez

Re: Ashes: Dead Man Walking (Sterile Edition Released)

Post by Gez »

Kroc wrote:DOOM RPG II let you pick up the toilets and throw them as weapons.
Toilets have been actual weapons of war in the real world, too.
Spoiler:
JMP-Jack

Post by JMP-Jack »

I've found a bug. I think...
I have ingram but I can't buy silencer in map3
The trader say me: "I don't se anything you could mount it on"

I use "RJAshesDMWSpecial_v1_01.pk3"
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

my biggest problem or not problem i mean issue i have its very stiff animated... or something .. something is not optimal
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

You mean the weapon animation or the NPCs'? Because those are original stuff in the mod, not this map pack. I think they're all fine, since frankenspriting takes a lot of time than you can imagine!
JMP-Jack wrote:I've found a bug. I think...
I have ingram but I can't buy silencer in map3
The trader say me: "I don't se anything you could mount it on"

I use "RJAshesDMWSpecial_v1_01.pk3"
You mean The Bunker? Because that was the only place of DMW i could upgrade my Ingram. And guess what? It works for me. You have to get that gun AND 200 junks to upgrade, obviously.
JMP-Jack

Post by JMP-Jack »

Yes, the bunker. I have ingram and over 300 junks. I've already played this game (with addons) a year ago but I don't remember this bug. Strange.

Edit
I found the problem. "AshesJetfire.pk3" caused this bug. It works good with the main game but not with "dead man walking"
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah, this happens because Jetfire renames the fast-shooting Ingram to a new filename, hence the trader literally doesn't recognise it. Happens when you got different people working on different mods.

Trying summoning "Ingram2" if you want the suppressed version for now. We'll have to see if we can modify the dialogue to take advantage of the new weapon...
ReformedJoe

Re: Ashes: Dead Man Walking

Post by ReformedJoe »

It should be a fairly trivial fix. However I'm not currently in a position to do much of anything about it, so it'll have to wait.
ReformedJoe

Re: Ashes: Dead Man Walking

Post by ReformedJoe »

Hello folks,

This is just a minor update to add full compatibility with TheRailgunner's Jetfire mod. This simply adds checks to a dialogue in the bunker to account for differing item names.

Please report any issues you find.

Downloads here or in the OP:
Spoiler:
JMP-Jack

Re: Ashes: Dead Man Walking (Now Jetfire Compatible!)

Post by JMP-Jack »

Many thanks!
ReformedJoe

Post by ReformedJoe »

A lot of people are asking if DMW is going to be part of the Ashes ep1 remaster, and the answer is yes.

Apart from the art side, which is all on Vostyoks end, I've been going through and straightening out some rough edges in the maps. I've expanded some areas, changed some encounters and even added a new secret or two. The most substantial expansion so far has been the final map. There's a fairly common sentiment that DMW is not quite up to par with the base episode, and I somewhat agree with that. Hopefully these changes will bring it a little closer.

Anyway, here's a little peek at some of the new areas (WIP):
Spoiler:
gennoveus

Re: Ashes: Dead Man Walking (Remaster in Progress)

Post by gennoveus »

Looking good! Can't wait to play DMW yet again (already played it through 4 times :))
Leglock
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Leglock »

ReformedJoe wrote:A lot of people are asking if DMW is going to be part of the Ashes ep1 remaster, and the answer is yes.

Apart from the art side, which is all on Vostyoks end, I've been going through and straightening out some rough edges in the maps. I've expanded some areas, changed some encounters and even added a new secret or two. The most substantial expansion so far has been the final map. There's a fairly common sentiment that DMW is not quite up to par with the base episode, and I somewhat agree with that. Hopefully these changes will bring it a little closer.

Anyway, here's a little peek at some of the new areas (WIP):
Spoiler:
Super excited about remasters!
Last edited by Leglock on Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Never expected the remastering of this map pack, but looks very promising. And i would like to help you with the improvement of some area i recently got softlocked:

- So i managed to get past the dark tunnels full of scary ladies and talked to this guy even. But this door just never opens. Is there a switch to open or something? If this is not a softlock, is there a way to open it somehow? Can you give more of a hint, at least?

EDIT: How can i enter the Warehouse at the beginning of Fissile Empire? The door is locked now.
ReformedJoe

Post by ReformedJoe »

Captain J wrote:...
- So i managed to get past the dark tunnels full of scary ladies and talked to this guy even. But this door just never opens. Is there a switch to open or something? If this is not a softlock, is there a way to open it somehow? Can you give more of a hint, at least?

EDIT: How can i enter the Warehouse at the beginning of Fissile Empire? The door is locked now.
?

Those doors should open when you use them.

I had a look and they open just fine for me. I can't replicate this issue.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”