Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.6.0 New spell system

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ixcuazl

Re: Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.6.0 New spell system

Post by Ixcuazl »

AvzinElkein wrote:I don't see which skill gives you extra ammo.
It was refuel/scavenger, but that does something else now. So yeah, there's no skill that gives you ammo in 203. Arguably the ATK stat and the attack/bomb minions save you ammo, though.

Still. Just for you, because I'm nice: RPGLv203 with ammo synthesis restored.

The compats from the previous version should still work as-is, except for the Strife one, which'll require you to delete LOADACS from the old patch and then run both of them on top of each other. (Pk3 files are just renamed zip files.) Run the Hexen ones on top of each other too if you're going that route; should work ok.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I was pleasantly surprised you did this, to be honest. I didn't mean to request it; I was just curious, but thanks.
MsrSgtShooterPerson
Location: Lost in the procedural infinite hells and I'm fine with that.

Post by MsrSgtShooterPerson »

Hi, thank you for updating the mod @Ixcuazl (and monkeybtm6 for creating it in the first place!) - I've always been on the lookout for an alternative to DRPG since I play on mobile (Delta-Touch) and leave heavier mods to my laptop instead.

Any way to get DRLA health pickups to be proportional to the player's maximum health? Also would like to ask - do monsters also still receive stat tweaks relative to the player's level? (since I noticed this option is no longer available on your build)
Solid-Head

Post by Solid-Head »

Since a few people ask me to release this, here it is:

Doom Rogue RPG-Lite Arsenal: An addon for DoomRL Arsenal. Mostly a HUD overhaul for RPG LITE. Highly recommend using this with Zeta Shop. Make a solid but lite RPG experience.

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rezo2njn ... 0.rar/file (ONLY LOAD WITH DOOMRLA)

SCREENSHOT:
Spoiler:
All credits goes to the original authors(I don't take any credit for this, do as you please with it)
Spoiler:
MsrSgtShooterPerson wrote: Any way to get DRLA health pickups to be proportional to the player's maximum health?
That was pestering me for a while now. I think proportional max health for medkit would be overpower, but as they were, they didn't heal you over 100HP which was very wrong. I kinda half fix the problem. Medkit will now heal you over an 100 HP, but you can still pick em up even if you are at Max HP. You gotta be careful.
MsrSgtShooterPerson wrote: Also would like to ask - do monsters also still receive stat tweaks relative to the player's level? (since I noticed this option is no longer available on your build)
Did they ever did that ? I could be wrong but I don't remember that effect implemented. I may be wrong though, its been a long time. I'm using so much monsters mods that I'm not really sure if I want that anyway.
MsrSgtShooterPerson

I actually made a sort of mini patch based on ZScript to fix health and monster scaling a bit - for DRLA particularly, I ended up just deleting the DRLA health items so my script can run over to modify default heal values for some vanilla health items...
Solid-Head

Post by Solid-Head »

MsrSgtShooterPerson wrote:I actually made a sort of mini patch based on ZScript to fix health and monster scaling a bit - for DRLA particularly, I ended up just deleting the DRLA health items so my script can run over to modify default heal values for some vanilla health items...
By deleting DRLA health items, doesn't that break armor bonuses ?
MsrSgtShooterPerson

I didn't delete the armor bonus items - just the medkits, stims, and health bonuses. This does, however, make Survival Armor's special useless.
Haikus0258
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Haikus0258 »

version 1.6 supports doom incarnate but 2.03 does not. could someone fix it?
dasho

Post by dasho »

I've attached my take on a fix for the DoomRLA healing item issue. From what I've tested, this will let healing items heal you for over 100hp (up to your max as determined by Vitality), while still leaving stimpacks/medpacks on the ground if you are at max health. I bumped it up to version 1.1 just to differentiate it, even though nothing else has been changed.

I had to write the ACS as a separate module because I couldn't get the existing *.acs files to compile (tried different versions of ACC, but I'll keep poking at it).

https://mega.nz/file/YNxVnCiR#zO2FScQ76 ... hGgWYi5JIg
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

On the GitHub there's a RPG-Lite and RPG-Lite Redux, anyone know the difference?

Edit: Dunno if the mod's author is still around, but killing one wendigo in Hexen causes the level up script to become runaway, causing GZDoom to terminate it and giving you max level, skill and stat points instantly.

Edit 2: Realized there's a semi-official 2.0.3 in the comments :P
dasho

Post by dasho »

Here's what I'm going to call Doom Rogue RPG-Lite Arsenal v1.2.

I've added some patches for the DoomRLA silenced pistol/rifle that weren't giving the stealth damage multiplier after casting invisibility. Hopefully this will make stealth a more viable playstyle between finding blur spheres. I haven't played enough DoomRLA to know if there are other silenced weapons besides the two basic assemblies, so let me know and I can try to fix those up too.

https://mega.nz/file/5Yg1EQLL#UriqYd0qf ... M-VDMUROFY
dasho

Post by dasho »

I don't think I've posted enough yet to be able to directly message people, but if anyone who has contributed thus far sees this, are there any objections to me forking Monkeybtm6's repo and adding the unofficial updates from this thread? I would of course give credit/link this thread for Solid-Head and Ixcuazl as well.
Solid-Head

Post by Solid-Head »

dasho wrote:I don't think I've posted enough yet to be able to directly message people, but if anyone who has contributed thus far sees this, are there any objections to me forking Monkeybtm6's repo and adding the unofficial updates from this thread? I would of course give credit/link this thread for Solid-Head and Ixcuazl as well.
Hey man ! Thanks for fixing the health bug. Never about the stealth thing either. I haven't look into it in quite some time now. Nice to see someone taking it from there and enjoy it. I don't think Monkeybtm6 mind that we fiddle with his work. I ask him personally and he was very ok with it. He's a very nice dude. But if you want to fork the github directly, I suggest posting more and asking him first.

The redux version is very interesting on the Github. It cut out the spells entirely and tbh that was my next step because I don't think they particularity fit the ''lite'' RPG experience. More statistical would be better instead.
dasho

Post by dasho »

Solid-Head wrote: Hey man ! Thanks for fixing the health bug. Never about the stealth thing either. I haven't look into it in quite some time now. Nice to see someone taking it from there and enjoy it. I don't think Monkeybtm6 mind that we fiddle with his work. I ask him personally and he was very ok with it. He's a very nice dude. But if you want to fork the github directly, I suggest posting more and asking him first.

The redux version is very interesting on the Github. It cut out the spells entirely and tbh that was my next step because I don't think they particularity fit the ''lite'' RPG experience. More statistical would be better instead.
Thanks for the quick reply and the GDCC heads up as well; I'll try to find places to post until I can start messaging directly. I'll have to check out the redux version, but my hope was to flesh out the spells to be game-appropriate, i.e. Hexen would perhaps summon a creature instead of an orb, etc, so that I could use it with mods like Walpurgis which are mostly weapon modifications.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

I am wondering, where is the redux github of the mod (Besides what Head might use)? Because I cannot find it seemingly, even though I do prefer some spells (and add new ones), but just because I feel like it could have went somewhere if it was not left behind in particular by the original developer as I think it could still be used in some good fashion but also optional if wanted.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”