Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SallazarSpellcaster

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

anjinsanroland wrote:Also thunderstorm just kills all ambushes and whatnot.
A high level archon is boringly easy.
A high level pyro's fireblasts are also quite godly.
I am looking for a bit challenge but not frustration. If iceborn is enjoyable throughout a long game despite its downsides then I may try it.
Try launching a couple Deep Freezes into a crowded room, that spell is much more useful in general than Iceberg, as it does a lot of damage the longer it travels, plus it costs much less. The damage reduction of the Iceborn path, coupled with an Arcane Shield actually makes you pretty tanky, especially if you add a Lich Skull to the mix, since deep freeze does a ton of damage tic, it has a lot of potential to replenish your health. You'd need a high wisdom build, plus the artifact that adds 50% more magick regeneration.

Weapons-wise, Frost Shards loses its appeal during late-game: if it still had its pre-V2 secondary - basically an ice rocket- it'd remain pretty useful even later on. As it is, the ice based spells are more powerful, particularly the aforementioned Deep Freeze; playing a full ice mage, though viable, becomes tedious on the weapons department, an ice-lightning build of sorts, going down the Iceborn path, while getting Arcane Barrier works wonders, especially if you use the secondary attack of arc of death as your main source of weapon damage.

The skills I use personally are: Deep Freeze, Mana Charge, Arcane Barrier, and Iceberg for closer quarters. As for stat disposition, I tend to do 2 int 1 wisdom per level up, alternating them now and then to have a balance between damage and magick regen, as your main source of damage would be spells rather than weapons.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

SallazarSpellcaster wrote:
anjinsanroland wrote:Also thunderstorm just kills all ambushes and whatnot.
A high level archon is boringly easy.
A high level pyro's fireblasts are also quite godly.
I am looking for a bit challenge but not frustration. If iceborn is enjoyable throughout a long game despite its downsides then I may try it.
Try launching a couple Deep Freezes into a crowded room, that spell is much more useful in general than Iceberg, as it does a lot of damage the longer it travels, plus it costs much less. The damage reduction of the Iceborn path, coupled with an Arcane Shield actually makes you pretty tanky, especially if you add a Lich Skull to the mix, since deep freeze does a ton of damage tic, it has a lot of potential to replenish your health. You'd need a high wisdom build, plus the artifact that adds 50% more magick regeneration.

Weapons-wise, Frost Shards loses its appeal during late-game: if it still had its pre-V2 secondary - basically an ice rocket- it'd remain pretty useful even later on. As it is, the ice based spells are more powerful, particularly the aforementioned Deep Freeze; playing a full ice mage, though viable, becomes tedious on the weapons department, an ice-lightning build of sorts, going down the Iceborn path, while getting Arcane Barrier works wonders, especially if you use the secondary attack of arc of death as your main source of weapon damage.

The skills I use personally are: Deep Freeze, Mana Charge, Arcane Barrier, and Iceberg for closer quarters. As for stat disposition, I tend to do 2 int 1 wisdom per level up, alternating them now and then to have a balance between damage and magick regen, as your main source of damage would be spells rather than weapons.
Thank you, that's very helpful :)
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

For some reason, all monsters attack me even if I'm using the "notarget" console command, this never happened with previous WoC versions. Am I missing something here?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Shadow Imps are impossible to beat for me, even on the easiest difficulties.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

AvzinElkein wrote:Shadow Imps are impossible to beat for me, even on the easiest difficulties.
when i get into a bit of a jam, i use the map to my advantage... if theres crushers on the map use them on the shadow imp.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

found a crash on zandronum.

on death Wendigos cause the game to crash when using the doom monster replacer.
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

I have some complaints about the overall balancing of this mod pertaining mostly to Hunter and Mage.

First of all, Mage is borderline busted right now. The new arcane barrier or whatever that gives you a shield is incredibly overpowered. The price is too low and the amount given is too much. The lightning path gives everyone the barrier as well which is just outrageous overall. Mage is supposed to be the flimsiest and hardest class to use but so far, he really is just the easiest of the bunch. You can just W + M1 with Bloodscourge as well, they do a lot of damage and pure homing makes it so effortless. There's really no point to it.

Second, Hunter is simply outclassed. Hunter's two other paths, duelist and survivalist are completely useless (the latter still being useful if you are a trapper but it's still not as good as it could have been, feel like traps could be their entire own thing). Duelist focuses on machete and I don't ever believe machete build is even remotely close to being good on Hunter on anything past classic IWADs. Hell I doubt you could even make it work in TnT. That's just a waste of a path really. And his marksman path is so hard to make good use of when there are far better choices in terms of classes, like Mage or Necromancer. Or even Assassin whose knife build just outdpses Hunter entirely.

The changes made to how Hunter scales also don't help either. You have to invest a lot on Agility when all his weapons require mana to use so now you can't even put that many points into INT, whereas a class like Mage easily can and get most out of it. Honestly, if this is the direction Hunter will be in then he needs way better scaling compared to other classes to make it worthwhile.

His elemental arrow build is quite bad too. Lightning arrow build is too costly and requires heavy investments on Wisdom, more so than what you should usually go for in a big setting. It's just there to be there really, the damage done is too low to justify investing that heavily on it.

That's pretty much it. I'd like some Hunter changes so he's relevant again honestly, with better path choices and perhaps skill overhauls. Currently, the way I see it, Mage is pretty much the top tier class right now.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Another small bug: For some reason breaking pots give you experience.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

IvanDobrovski wrote:I have some complaints about the overall balancing of this mod pertaining mostly to Hunter and Mage.

First of all, Mage is borderline busted right now. The new arcane barrier or whatever that gives you a shield is incredibly overpowered. The price is too low and the amount given is too much. The lightning path gives everyone the barrier as well which is just outrageous overall. Mage is supposed to be the flimsiest and hardest class to use but so far, he really is just the easiest of the bunch. You can just W + M1 with Bloodscourge as well, they do a lot of damage and pure homing makes it so effortless. There's really no point to it.

Second, Hunter is simply outclassed. Hunter's two other paths, duelist and survivalist are completely useless (the latter still being useful if you are a trapper but it's still not as good as it could have been, feel like traps could be their entire own thing). Duelist focuses on machete and I don't ever believe machete build is even remotely close to being good on Hunter on anything past classic IWADs. Hell I doubt you could even make it work in TnT. That's just a waste of a path really. And his marksman path is so hard to make good use of when there are far better choices in terms of classes, like Mage or Necromancer. Or even Assassin whose knife build just outdpses Hunter entirely.

The changes made to how Hunter scales also don't help either. You have to invest a lot on Agility when all his weapons require mana to use so now you can't even put that many points into INT, whereas a class like Mage easily can and get most out of it. Honestly, if this is the direction Hunter will be in then he needs way better scaling compared to other classes to make it worthwhile.

His elemental arrow build is quite bad too. Lightning arrow build is too costly and requires heavy investments on Wisdom, more so than what you should usually go for in a big setting. It's just there to be there really, the damage done is too low to justify investing that heavily on it.

That's pretty much it. I'd like some Hunter changes so he's relevant again honestly, with better path choices and perhaps skill overhauls. Currently, the way I see it, Mage is pretty much the top tier class right now.
i wonder if adding a (damagefactor Physical, 2.0 or 4.0) on the Mage would help balance out the Overpower issue? Because mages were always ment to be squishy against Melee... But also increasing the Damage Output of the Hunter due to its ability to have good Anatomy skills..., Adding Fire Resistances to Some Demon Classes and weaknesses to Holy Damage would also help immensely in a balancing solution.
karry299

Post by karry299 »

Hello. Can someone upload the mod files ? Every single mention of the new 3.0 version link to the allfearthesentinel page, which is broken, giving me SQL errors and stuff. Even on moddb, you can only get the main file alone. So at the moment this mod as a full package is basically impossible to get.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

This is still being worked on? And it's got new features and an additional class since 1.8A or whatever I remember and finally ditched the futuristic HUD? Fuckin' A! I just did a Necromancer playthrough of the original Hexen, with Vanilla Essence and Nashmove, and had, for the most part, a grand old time. For whatever reason Nashmove reduces player speed by about half, which I initially thought was the intended speed and worked pretty well with the Necro's emphasis on summons and fire support, since I could usually count on my minions to tank the enemies for me. He's definitely my favorite character and he fits into Hexen like he was always meant to be there (plus his Hexen II biography makes him more or less the Ravenverse's biggest underdog, which I like). That said, there were a few bugs:

* On "Wastelands", in hub 2, I gained ten levels instantly at some point. I reloaded an earlier save and the bug did not trigger again.[/*]
* On "Dungeon". in hub 4, in the circular dungeon area, flipping the switch the 7th time caused ettins to begin spawning in infinitely, and by the time I was done rushing through the map with god mode and sometimes noclip on, there were well over 300 enemies in the map and they were still coming.

Is there some script that adds enemies to level? "Necropolis" in particular seemed to have more Reivers than it normally would.
r&r

Post by r&r »

Just need the Demoness class now.
The
PYRO SUCCUBUS sheet might be the closes fitting just have to be recolored red

https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/b ... 2?start=30
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

* On "Dungeon". in hub 4, in the circular dungeon area, flipping the switch the 7th time caused ettins to begin spawning in infinitely, and by the time I was done rushing through the map with god mode and sometimes noclip on, there were well over 300 enemies in the map and they were still coming.
That is supposed to happen.
Derddy

Post by Derddy »

As far as V3A on Zandronum goes:

Wendigos keep crashing the game when you attack them in single player making the game unplayable. They will crash the whole server in multiplayer every time you attack them(any class or weapon I've tried so far).

Code: Select all

Code: C0000005 (Access Violation - tried to read address 00000030)
Address: 00223D46
Flags: 00000000
Also, the experience multiplier in a multiplayer game defaults to 1 and cannot be changed prior too or in game which means no experience will be gained. Even if it didn't crash, multiplayer is unplayable under these conditions. Is there a flag that can set the multiplayer to 100?

Other than those issues, the changes seem wonderful! My wife and I were so excited for this update but for now we cant use this mod. :-(
Last edited by Derddy on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Valherran wrote:
That is supposed to happen.
As in, that's what it was like in vanilla Hexen.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”