Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Amuscaria

Re: Hell-Forged - V. 1.00b

Post by Amuscaria »

@RichterBelmont12: The BFG-weapon, the Reaper, is only found in the last map. It's in the White area where you have to rocket-jump up 4 pillars with soul spheres on them.

@CaptainJ: Yup. The monster armor work just like health, they save 100% of incoming damage.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

I've noticed a bug. On map 5 (I think), where you first fight the super-mancubus, the ledge on the side of the arena kills you too early. I wanted to check if there's any secrets below, stood on the edge and went splat. Then I resurrected, tried to step away, and went splat again.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I think that's not a bug but an intentional prevention of player traveling beyond the map. And since that lava pit has no platforms and kill you that easily, i doubt there's actually a secret.

If you're still curious, try activate god mode and bon voyage!

EDIT: You mean this area. Right? For some reason, the whole lava is grass.

HF version is 1.00b, and the GZDoom version is g4.2.4.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

That's intentional. It used to be lava there, but then I changed the map to fit the Interpic. You die from falling, basically.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Huh... I see. Yeah, That makes sense now. But why does the insta-kill floor have to be something harmless as grass? Granted - The gravity is death's friend, but why does it matter if you actually survive a long fall in Doom? Also just like worldend experienced, they might mistake this death pit as the safe road to secret... Speaking of death pit, maybe adding a dark bottomless pit would do.

And besides, i still can see the fiery glow from a cliff of the screenshot. Maybe i'm overthinking, but just let you know.

EDIT: Also i would like to talk about Vorpal Sword's alt-attack: When you stay close to the enemy and swing the sword, it automatically aims at the enemy that is near me and screw up the trajectory. Basically it acts like any other melee weapons of vanilla doom, although Vorpal's alt-attack is actually projectile based.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@Captain J: The vorpal blade's alt-fire is both a projectile and a melee atack. The melee attack heals you 20 hp if you land a hit.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Wait, really? I didn't know that until now. But honestly, i would just nail the enemy horde and find health later. This auto-lock system on Vorpal's Alt-attack doesn't work for me. But if you say so.

EDIT: Speaking of Vorpal Blade, i think i left my sound addon's sword foley sound effects very loud to fit my taste. So i lowered them a little!
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

after looking at the code, it shouldn't be interfering with the projetile's initial trajectory, because its launched first before the melee attack and its aim altering can take effect
though just in case of anything, the NoTurn flag could be used on the altfire melee attack itself
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Will add to the next patch. Shouldn't be long now. Just gotta run though the last map and fix some minor bugs.
RichterBelmont12

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

@amuscaria

Good news is that I've finished your mod....I've missed the secret level but maybe when your patch comes out I'll show it off.....Also this Monday and Tuesday are the last two videos on this mod soo I hope you enjoy it....Also Why you got to make me Rocket Jump?! heh
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

RichterBelmont12 wrote:@amuscaria

Also Why you got to make me Rocket Jump?! heh
I take it you got the Reaper then? :D
RichterBelmont12

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

Amuscaria wrote:
RichterBelmont12 wrote:@amuscaria

Also Why you got to make me Rocket Jump?! heh
I take it you got the Reaper then? :D
Yes wait until Tuesday. :D
Amuscaria

Re: Hell-Forged - V. 1.00c

Post by Amuscaria »

Hell-Forged 1.00c Release: https://www.moddb.com/games/doom/downlo ... rged-v100c

Will be testing it more before updloading to Doomworld, since the updload to the /idgames database is a bit cumbersome doesn't allow for easy revisioning. Mostly made maps a bit less confusing to navigate as switches are now more consistent and unimportant locked doors and side paths no longer use the big skull key textures. If you see a repeating square texture with a colored-gem, it's a side-path that is optional or not important. Watching @RichterBelmont12's recorded videos helped streamline the maps and fix a lot of minor bugs. So big thanks to him. :)

Patch Notes:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Amuscaria on Wed May 13, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thanks for the update! This might be a bit easy to beat the TC... Again! Heh.

I also have updated my sound addon, too. Added new sound effects like Reaper's!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Cool! Really like the HD sound pack you've done! :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”