Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Gez

Re: Hell-Forged - V. 1.00b

Post by Gez »

If you end up actually releasing stuff, you were less of a procrastinator than all the people who didn't. :p
umbabrahattasil

Post by umbabrahattasil »

Newcomer here, after the Cacowards 2019. Cannot download! The box link tells me the file has been removed or is not available to share with me. Is anyone else experiencing this? Using Chrome, and even have a personal Box account. HELP I WANT TO PLAY AND SUPPORT YOU!

Congrats on the award by the way!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

umbabrahattasil wrote:Newcomer here, after the Cacowards 2019. Cannot download! The box link tells me the file has been removed or is not available to share with me. Is anyone else experiencing this? Using Chrome, and even have a personal Box account. HELP I WANT TO PLAY AND SUPPORT YOU!

Use this link: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... i/hf-v100b

My box account must have expired.
TaporGaming
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by TaporGaming »

Is to be compatible for LZDoom?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

What's LZDoom? :O

If LZDoom has the full ZSCRIPT support and OpenGL then maybe. Ive only tested it on GZDoom.
umbabrahattasil

Post by umbabrahattasil »

Amuscaria wrote:
umbabrahattasil wrote:Newcomer here, after the Cacowards 2019. Cannot download! The box link tells me the file has been removed or is not available to share with me. Is anyone else experiencing this? Using Chrome, and even have a personal Box account. HELP I WANT TO PLAY AND SUPPORT YOU!

Use this link: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... i/hf-v100b

My box account must have expired.
Thank you! You're the man! Errr.. Mushroom!
Gez

Post by Gez »

LZDoom is drfrag's fork of GZDoom for older computers. It should handle HF just fine since the mod doesn't use advanced shaders (e.g. PBR textures).
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

this teleporter in towers of command, next to the orange one has messed up sides
on the other hand, current playthrough is going well
3 hours in, second to last level, all full clears so far
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@Gez: Neat. I should give that a try on my laptop, since regular GZDoom is lagging it out for some reason. It has a GTX 1060 and quad 2.6 GHZ cpu, so not sure why.

@Comet: Fixed. Will update in 1.00c patch along with some other minor fixes. Thanks for reporting.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

great success

100% kills and secrets in all prior levels, including the secret level
full arsenal, max ammo, and full megasphere going in the final boss
the map screen and new skyboxes are gorgeous
i noticed the arena got some changes along with the boss being made more manageable, especially if i wasn't maximally geared
omg i'm listed in credits
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@Comet: Thanks for testing! Next patch coming soon, whenever I have more free-time from work and classes.
RichterBelmont12

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

Hey I've been playing this for Doom-December in my Youtube channel. Soo far I'm up to the final stage on Templar difficulty and I have to say I really love this mod. The artwork is very nice and detailed, The weapons look Unique some has become my favorite weapons in the game, The Enemies are very very awesome looking and fun to fight....(sides the Draugr lol)

I have one Nitpick but its only my Nit pick tho I'm using Target Spy a friend of mind on my discord server told me about it it helps me when the enemy or boss is close to death soo I don't have to waste more shots when it dies. soo Fighting the bosses I felt like its not doing damage like it will say 2000/2000 for awhile untill enough damage then it goes down (not the soul weapons). Soo I was thinking the bosses have like Armor or something but heck they are hard fights and I love it!!!

Keep up the good work also here is a playlist if you want to see it.....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... _TNynzUtSJ
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@RichterBelmont12

Thanks for the streams. I've seen all the ones you have so far and it's help be make fixes to the maps based on where you got lost. Updates will be made for the 1.00c patch. :)

The Targetspy issue is indeed because some of the enemies have armor. Take the Draugr, for example, it has 100 armor and 200 health. To most weapons, it's functionally equivalent to the revenant. The soul weapons, however, ignore armor and attack health directly, making it good for killing armored enemies (and players in deathmatch). It also deals double damage to ghost-type enemies.

Armored enemies are listed below, with their armor/health value.

Guardian: 75 armor/ 25 Health.
Draugr: 100 armor/ 200 health.
Arachnight: 100 Armor/ 400 health.
Hellduke: 500 armor/ 3500 health.
Director: 1000 armor/ 2000 health.
Behemoth: 2400 armor/ 2400 health.
Sentinel: 2000 armor/ 1000 health.
HellSmith: 2000 armor/ 6000-8000 health (depending on difficulty).
RichterBelmont12

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

I figured that out once I've recorded part 10 that some enemies have armors....I've honestly never have seen it in other doom mods before soo it was a shock to see also I didn't know the phantoms are weak to the soul weapons.....Also I think I'm missing one more weapon... :(

I'll give you a shout out in Part 11 when I Record it next week...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Wait. Armors? Enemies do have armor on them? What kind of armor, exactly? DamageType? This is actually new to me!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”