Hocusdoom RELEASED (/idgames pending)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hocusdoom RELEASED (/idgames pending)

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Dunno if this has been reported yet but there's a lil' issue in E3M2. Seen at around 32:50 on my stream today. Those stairs can be triggered to rise multiple times.
ravage

Post by ravage »

Oof, I wish someone would have pointed these out before release, but the stairs bug on map22 and the powerup flashes will be fixed for the next update.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

If you are planning to do an update release anyway, here is an edited LANGUAGE lump fixing any remaining spelling mistakes.
Attachments
language_enu.txt
(24.1 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
ravage

Post by ravage »

What all did you change?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

All the changes in LANGUAGE. Some are minor, one or two are definitely worth it.
Spoiler:
BoJustBo

Post by BoJustBo »

When picking up the white potion the screen effect only covers two thirds of the screen, (looks like it's offset to the left,) while playing GZDOOM 4.2.3
https://www.bildtagg.se/bild/njaow8ofdgopeqcn0lrc4g
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

This has already been reported on Dec 8, just one page back in this thread.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

BoJustBo wrote:When picking up the white potion the screen effect only covers two thirds of the screen, (looks like it's offset to the left,) while playing GZDOOM 4.2.3
That's strange as it works for me without any problems. What's causing this?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I also didn't notice the effect. Maybe it depends on resolution? I am playing with 1920x1080.
Obsy

Post by Obsy »

Just finished this. Great job, I would love more of the secret levels, maybe expand them into mini mods! ( ´ ∀ `)ノ~ ♡
Found a bug on map37, after you lower the water for the first time and drop down, if you keep going back in and out of the hole you can keep spawning monsters, had far too many of them before I realised what caused it. ;p
Also dunno if its just on my end but all the secret level music seemed far too quiet, none of the main game was like that. ( ̄□ ̄」)
Overall, loved it! Thanks for the great mod! (o^▽^o)
ravage

Post by ravage »

That'll be fixed as well. They should only spawn once. Looks like the action thing had the wrong flags.
Tormentor667 wrote:
BoJustBo wrote:When picking up the white potion the screen effect only covers two thirds of the screen, (looks like it's offset to the left,) while playing GZDOOM 4.2.3
That's strange as it works for me without any problems. What's causing this?
There were two sets of graphics for the flashes, the old ones that were a hold-over from earlier versions, and the newer wide-screen friendly ones. The problem is that their names were F_SCREEN and F_SCREEN2. Earlier versions of gzdoom would truncate the 9th character so they would both be named F_SCREEN internally, and only ever use the last defined image. This has been fixed, hopefully.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

The ep.3 secret level was spot-on, btw. I am a huge fan of that classic Epic game and played it a lot back in the days. Seeing it transformed into the third dimension, and very convincingly so, was a unique experience for which I am grateful. You have achieved magic here.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

Hey, this looks amazing.

One question though: why does the Creative Commons license on it say "No Derivatives"? Seems like you'd want people to expand on it, like if they wanted to fully flesh out the Jill of the Jungle and Jazz Jackrabbit levels into full episodes or games.
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

I've been playing through it today and while I love the theming and some aspects of the level design, But I also have to say that many of these levels are committing what I would consider a mistake in level design, and that is hiding things essential to progress in the exact same way as secrets. The secrets in "The Iron Troll" level aren't really secrets because the actual end of the level is more hidden than they are.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”