Deathmatch Simulator - This Mod Has Moved. See OP For Details.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Korell

Re: [WIP Release] Deathmatch Simulator (6/11 - Build 01)

Post by Korell »

Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

IvanDobrovski wrote:Is this a jokewad because deathmatch isn't anything like this.
I'm not sure where you got that idea...
Korell wrote:
Saw that earlier today, good stuff!
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

which version of GZDoom does this need? cause so far no ports i have of anything works with it
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:which version of GZDoom does this need? cause so far no ports i have of anything works with it
Kinsie

Re: [WIP Release] Deathmatch Simulator (08/12/19 - Build 02

Post by Kinsie »

Download Build 02 (16mb)
GAMEPLAY CHANGES:
  • Added the ability to customize the initial frag count, and how much it increases every time a level is completed, via the DM Sim menu.
  • Added a "time extension" that increases your starting time every time a number of maps is completed. The amount and intervals between increases can be customized in the DM Sim menu.

MONSTER CHANGES:
  • General: Monsters now give up and stop attacking once player achieves victory.
  • Spawners: Outlines are now fullbright and thus easier to see in dark areas.
  • Spawners: Disabled once player achieves victory.
  • Duke Bot: Added to the Medium spawn list!
  • Cyber-Bruiser: Added to the Hard spawn list!
  • Quake Ranger: Removed from the Hard spawn list. (Don't worry, he's still in the Medium list!)
  • Quake Ranger: Added a unique wall decal to nailgun attack.
  • Shotgun Guys: Now drop Shells instead of Shotguns.
  • JPF Guy: Hitbox is now 10 units taller when crouched.
  • JPF Guy: Pain sounds are slightly shorter.
  • Chubbs: SSG firing sound is now louder.
  • Chubbs: Several minor frame tweaks and "improvements"
  • Cultists: Fixed them not looking at their target while throwing TNT.
WEAPON CHANGES:
  • Gauntlet: Added a unique wall decal to attack.
  • Gauntlet: Added a "Humiliation" announcer call-out for Gauntlet kills.
  • Pistol: Removed on account of being useless.
  • Machinegun: Moved into Pistol slot (and as such is now default starting weapon)
  • Machinegun: Sprites renamed to avoid sprite conflict with custom mapsets.
  • Super Shotgun: Fixed an reload animation oversight.
  • Chaingun: Added! Fills the void left by the Machinegun.
  • Rocket Launcher: Now applies the appropriate decal on impact with walls.
  • Flamethrower: Damage has been doubled.
  • Flamethrower: Ammo is now placeable by map authors.
MAP CHANGES:
  • FDM05: Added a new map, Tiny Town! Based off the same map from GTA2 multiplayer.
  • FDM01: Replaced the SSG in the lava room with a Chaingun, and added two clips.
  • FDM02: Removed Minigun, twiddled with weapons near big fountain.
  • FDM03: Replaced the eastmost SSG and shells with a Chaingun and clips.
  • FDM04: Moved the Minigun over to the UniAmmo island, added a Chaingun in its place.
MISC. CHANGES:
  • Fixed background drawing on intermission screen (Thanks, Marisa!)
  • Added GLDef lights to a variety of effects, weapons and enemies.
  • Added more mad-lib entries to the map-start objective toast. (Thanks, Techokami!)
  • Removed pitch shifting from end-of-round win/lose fanfare.
  • Bulletpuffs now have ricochet sounds and particle effects. Sometimes.
  • Changed the Title Screen music. Twice.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

use obhack or oblidge wtih this its awesome

duke nukem should drop ammo.

CAN YOU PLEASE make an ordinary mod

i love to have a mod that plays normally through levels with these bots.... and also more power to the machine gun

so all i wish for is beign able to play this normally with all the bots and respawnable weapons..

no time limit ... nothing like that.
would even be awesome if the bots were possile to use in other mods

of course i love reloading but okay

how about getting shadow warrior and caleb in ..
also how about getting to choose class with perks
you could be a anyone you wanted

imagine if we could have TDM with forces of good vs forces of ebil
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

Get 9 errors while parsing Decorate scripts. You know what's causing this?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Might be your GZDoom is too old. Are you using 4.2.4 ?
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Corvus might make a good enemy for this. The crossbow could be his primary weapon, but I'm mainly wondering if there's a good way to implement the Morph Ovum for him. It'd probably be too frustrating if it affected the player, but it might be funny if it somehow always backfired and transformed him instead.

Oh, and BOBs. I know they're already in Reelism, but that's the thing: they're everywhere.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Just tested the gitrepo some days ago... And damn really feels like playing under Skulltag! While I didn't dig up the code structure and such, I have some suggestions for this cool mod:

1)Floorhugging lights cause some slowdown on old rigs like mine with 1gb of vram, maybe apply brightmaps over flames and spawn light in a way that doesn't clamp right down floors.. it has always been reason of slowdowns even with old weapons such at UTNT flamethrower in the past

2) Optimize imp/zombieman and lesser "skilled" monsters, sometimes they roam like being blind

3) I noticed that waiting near the spawnpoint of an enemy, since you get visual info of it, makes things easier and you can kill them immediately if you have the right weapon in hand ready

4) Implement crouch/dodge AI, we did something like that on Blade of Agony thanks to AfaDoomer

Beside that this is gonna set multiplayer standards for the future of GZDoom, quite sure of it! Great job :D
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

theroguemonk wrote:CAN YOU PLEASE make an ordinary mod
I tried making something "ordinary" once. It nearly killed me. Other people do a way better job of more traditional Doom maps/mods.
Ozymandias81 wrote:1)Floorhugging lights cause some slowdown on old rigs like mine with 1gb of vram, maybe apply brightmaps over flames and spawn light in a way that doesn't clamp right down floors.. it has always been reason of slowdowns even with old weapons such at UTNT flamethrower in the past
I'll look into that, thanks for the heads-up.
Ozymandias81 wrote:2) Optimize imp/zombieman and lesser "skilled" monsters, sometimes they roam like being blind
Yeah, their navigation isn't fantastic, is it? This seems to be due to the speed at which they're hauling ass, which seems to be a bit much for the poor old A_Chase "pathfinding" to cope with, generally resulting in them sometimes getting caught "running the ropes" between walls. I'd like to improve this situation, but I'm not happy with my previous attempts.
Ozymandias81 wrote:3) I noticed that waiting near the spawnpoint of an enemy, since you get visual info of it, makes things easier and you can kill them immediately if you have the right weapon in hand ready
A fair concern, but the alternative would be monsters spawning in without warning, making getting telefragged by spawning monsters even more frequent.
Ozymandias81 wrote:4) Implement crouch/dodge AI, we did something like that on Blade of Agony thanks to AfaDoomer
The JPF Guys already crouch when shooting at the player. Having other, more Quake 2-style dodging for certain enemies is a possibility, I'll have to look into how BoA does it.
Valken

Post by Valken »

Just awesome... If we can mix this with D4T for something like "Doom Champions" that would be even better!
DYD

Post by DYD »

There it is. The ULTIMATE, DEFINITIVE and ABSOLUTE way to play Doom. Anyway, this is some of the most fun I've had in an FPS game before. Every one of the bots is absolutely hilarious. I think this might benefit from a singleplayer map mode or theme toggling (monsters, player characters, etc.).
The arsenal is also really cool and its cartoonish feel is delivered perfectly. Goodbye Zandronum bots.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Valken wrote:Just awesome... If we can mix this with D4T for something like "Doom Champions" that would be even better!
I mean, is there such thing as invasion/wave focused maps that are meant to work with gameplay mods?

The mod Demon Counter-Strike viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59887#p1045489 in some way turns maps into invasion style gameplay by spawning enemies and even pick ups for the player, even if things get wild.

DMS seems to be a take on deathmatch but with some enemy variey added in, that partially simulates players. (btw i haven't touched the mod yet, because my machine is going bananas but what i'm exposed to so far is amazing)
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Some brief development news from the GitHub build:

The HUD has been updated to show your filled weapon slots and ammo totals, and to hide the timer when the HUD is disabled. This probably isn't something that should have taken three builds to add, but there you go.

A new Cvar (enabled by default) modifies "Sector Action: Actor Hits Floor" actors that are set up to be triggered by players to also be triggered by monsters. This is useful for Zandronum mapsets like Neon Deathmatch, where those actors are used to handle players that have fallen out of the world.

A new powerup, the Timesphere, has been added, replacing the Computer Map. This adds 60 seconds to the clock when you grab it, but it doesn't respawn. In multiplayer, they're replaced by HasteSpheres.

Minor tweaks have been made to things like sprite names, font definitions etc. to ensure that the mod plays nicer with custom mapsets like Neon Deathmatch. This is something that's important to me!

Finally, work has begun on a system for fake voice chat. This currently isn't ready, and I'll probably delete it from the next stable release, but once it's set for the primetime, you'll be able to opt into having your ears "blessed" with silly ultra-low-bitrate audio skits every couple of maps.

You have found this informative.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”