Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
devlman127

Re: Hideous Destructor

Post by devlman127 »

I heard you need brass and gunpowder in order to use the reloading tool that comes with the classic rifle. I know you get brass from the casings it drops, but how do you get gunpowder? Can you convert .455 into gunpowder?
bendix-hyde

Post by bendix-hyde »

devlman127 wrote:I heard you need brass and gunpowder in order to use the reloading tool that comes with the classic rifle. I know you get brass from the casings it drops, but how do you get gunpowder? Can you convert .455 into gunpowder?
You use the 4.46 from ZM66 mags, I think it's like four 4.46 for every one 7.76 cartridge.
Also suggest you use either the standalone reloader or the one on the liberator somewhere quiet, it likes to skitter around and it's easy to lose track of it if you're being attacked.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

devlman127 wrote:I heard you need brass and gunpowder in order to use the reloading tool that comes with the classic rifle. I know you get brass from the casings it drops, but how do you get gunpowder? Can you convert .455 into gunpowder?
I'm going to assume that by .455 you mean 4.26mm ammunition. This is obtained by unloading ZM66 magazines. Note that after unsealing a ZM66 magazine, it is an extremely poor idea to reuse the magazine, so if you have any unsealed magazines you might as well dump the whole thing. You can tell if a magazine is sealed if the top of it is red.

Both the full-length and bullpup liberator have a reloading machine. This can either used to create rounds in batches of 7 rounds by pressing use and unload at the same time, or you can wait until a map transition to reload as much as you can. There is a 1/32 chance of failure, I believe.
devlman127

Post by devlman127 »

Thanks for the answers, everyone. Anyways, what does the spiritual armor/armor bonus do? The manual says it provides additional protection, but does it stack, and is it timed or how much damage does it absorb?
Last edited by devlman127 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

devlman127 wrote:Thanks for the answers, everyone. Anyways, what does the spiritual armor/armor bonus do? The manual says it provides additional protection, but does it stack, and is it timed or how much damage does it absorb?
copy and paste from the Hideous Destructor discord:

"This is subject to change because it's currently extremely unbalanced.
Spiritual Armour, aside from removing blurtaint and clearing your wounds, makes you unkillable. Effectively, while you still have spiritual armour, you won't bleed or drop below 7 HP.

Every time you take damage, you roll a number, and if the damage you've taken is higher than that number, you lose some spiritual armour. Once you run out, you can bleed and die again."

basically it removes the negative (and positive) effects of a blursphere (hd's partial invisibility) and makes you unkillable.
devlman127

Post by devlman127 »

Tartlman wrote: basically it removes the negative (and positive) effects of a blursphere (hd's partial invisibility) and makes you unkillable.
Thanks mate. Does anyone refer to using the reloading tool as "doing the laundry"? No? Just me?
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

devlman127 wrote:Thanks mate. Does anyone refer to using the reloading tool as "doing the laundry"? No? Just me?
Nah, I refer to it as "a relaxing break while doomguy screams in pain and 7.76mm rounds explode in the distance".
Or at least I did call it that before the medikit overhaul. :P
Oliver Von Katze
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Oliver Von Katze »

are the related mods compatible with hd?
DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor »

Is there any way to disable random monster reviving? It is a [censored word] idea as it is already and with every update it gets more and more ridiculous. I tried the most recent version today and it's goddamn broken, you have to kill the exact same enemy more than five times in a row, you enter a room with 3 imps and by the time you kill the third one the first one stands back up, and there are no healing imps or archviles, they just do it by themselves. Also I jumped from v4.1.3 straight to 4.2.4 and somewhere along the line he added this revive wave thing (dunno how to properly call it) when all of a sudden everyone around you starts reviving. It's not fun and sometimes even unplayable. Changelog says that every corpse tracks damage done to it which is complete bullshit as even turning the corpse into a fine red paste (via explosives or chainsaw) does not prevent it from reviving. This mod is great and I really want to enjoy it but when the same invisible pinky revives himself for the third time in one minute I just alt+F4 out of this retardation.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

First off, stop with all the "[censored word]". It's offensive to some people and makes you look like you're in 5th grade. Talk like an adult.

Newer versions have incapacitation states for human-like enemies (zombies, imps, revenants). They can get knocked down but if they're still jittering around or bleedin, they're not dead and might get up again to keep fighting. Practice your double-taps.

Other random revives (not healer imps or archviles) come from hellish frag energy, those green thingies you might see floating around sometimes. The more frag there is around, the more likely it can repair an enemy corpse. Corpse damage is tracked, but enough frag can repair almost anything. Some demons release frag when they die, as do explosive barrels and other things. Frag also passively generates near the player on the harder difficulties / playstyles. Depending on the map, the enemies on the map, and how long you've been playing the map, yes this can sometimes make things near unplayable. You can adjust the passive frag spawn rate in the HD options menu, but right now the only way to disable all frag completely is to use my addon, Ugly as Sin.

Also, if you've fought or defeated an Archvile recently, it can curse you and cause respawn waves as well. And finally, if you're playing on Nightmare, the standard doom 7-second respawn is still in effect.

8-)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I will make a note to add more monster reviving, unavoidable and hidden in obscure, uncommented bits of code where no one will think to look. The commit will be described as fixing a typo in the manual.
bendix-hyde

Post by bendix-hyde »

Oh god the archviles, I forgot they curse you on death since I just run away the moment they phase out after I shoot them once.
Still trying to work out a quick way to put them down.

And holy hell, Barons were scary enough. Barons with shields is down right terrifying without enough boom. Especially if you have to take on 3 of them at the same time. Pretty freaking sweet, honestly.

Also, Matt, is there a plan to add in something like a scopeless Boss or a bolt action carbine that can use .355? Right now, it's an interesting moment when you realize you are picking up .355 faster than you can shoot them after switching to the revolver and seeing that you picked up something like 300 rounds for it along the way. So far, there are at least 2 weapons that can use each ammo type, but only one that can use revolver ammo.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Is there a distance cap or anything on the monster reviving? I've never been sure if they only spawn around you or can spawn anywhere in the map.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

bendix-hyde wrote:Oh god the archviles, I forgot they curse you on death since I just run away the moment they phase out after I shoot them once.
Still trying to work out a quick way to put them down.
Just fucking run™

I do feel like it should be made clearer on how to identify monster incap. A line in the manual perhaps?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

@bendix-hyde: I think the base weapons are pretty set at the moment. There's been some talk about modding in a lever-action .355 cowboy rifle (somewhat more damage and accuracy due to the longer barrel helping the round go faster), which I think would be the most fun option since you could use the same ammo for both your primary and your secondary. Unfortunately no one's really done it yet.

8-)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”