Spooktober Community Mapping Project [1.0.6]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Spooktober Community Mapping Project [1.0.5]

Post by Marisa the Magician »

So, special thanks to SeriousCacodemon for reporting a very very bad bug in one of the secret maps. I've fixed it now so you will no longer be chased by invisible enemies in that one maze.
Vista_Owner

Post by Vista_Owner »

Holy shit from what I've played I really like this project. Am I allowed to make videos over this?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Vista_Owner wrote:Am I allowed to make videos over this?
Of course! People do it all the time! Have fun! :)
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Yeah, go ahead. Play our maps and post them. I'd watch them to see some reactions
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Here are some of my videos :)

SHayden

Post by SHayden »

I just wanted to give my review here, I like this project very very much. I absolutely loved the maps and mansion without exceptions. I had a lot of fun time with puzzles and tricks that almost every level had in store and if I had to choose which level was my favorite I'd say the one in deep sea.

Kudos to mappers and everyone involved, as someone obsessed with halloween I'm impressed and hope there will be more.

:thumb:
Spoiler:
deathwingduck

Post by deathwingduck »

Just wanted to share this. High Noon Drifter with LegenDOOM ended up making the final fight quite interesting (Spoiler Warning).
Spoiler:
Would not recommend High Noon Drifter for this map pack if only because it clashes with some of the levels (my fault for not testing it more prior). It's great for any levels that don't feature custom content so if you're fine with switching between it and vanilla when you need to then it's still really good.

Regardless I enjoyed the maps a lot!
Marisa the Magician

Re: Spooktober Community Mapping Project [1.0.6]

I went and pushed in 1.0.6. It has some fixes for mod compatibility, among other things. Usually stuff that I only noticed when people started running exotic mods on it.
Marisa the Magician

Please redownload, I missed a bunch of softlocks that were fixable.
VicBorAng

Post by VicBorAng »

Does anyone have a suggestion on good non vanilla mods that could go well with playing this mod?
Either ones that fit the Spooky theme, or compliment/work well with it.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

VicBorAng wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion on good non vanilla mods that could go well with playing this mod?
Either ones that fit the Spooky theme, or compliment/work well with it.
For my part, I can recommend Ultra Crispy to you :wink:
ToxicMasculinity
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ToxicMasculinity »

One that I'm testing right now that's pretty cool with this is "Project Horror". I haven't played far enough to see if it breaks the maps in any way, but from what I tested, it's fun and fits theme. Also, another good one that fits well is Sun Damage Omen. It changes the enemies, which is unfortunate because this has Halloween themed enemies (if I remember correctly), but the enemies are still creepy ass demons so they still fit the theme. There's others that would go really good also, but they result in a "called from mkDialogueHandler.NetworkProcess" error when talking to the old man at the Hub, which sucks, but it is what it is. Happy Halloween everyone.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Currently running the stable build of GZDoom 4.2.3, and I've encountered a couple of bugs:

When running in hardware-accelerated mode, the mansion hub will frequently cause me to encounter a glitch that's similar to the HOM effect. Playing in softpoly solves this, but causes certain sector-based objects like doors in the other levels to become invisible which can only be solved by going back into hardware-accelerated mode.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

This sounds like a driver bug, not something that can be fixed on the map itself. That being said, it might help to know where specifically you see these bugs so that it can be investigated, anyhow. Screenshots are a big help.
luigiman0640
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by luigiman0640 »

This mappack looks absolutely amazing. Haven't played through it myself, but I saw ICARUSLIV3S's video on it when that came out. I'll probably stream it sometime next Halloween, which should be fun!
I just adore all the text stuff in the mansion, especially the dialogue system! So much better than basic Strife systems. I was wondering how it was done, and I didn't want to just start digging through the pk3 for it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”