(WIP) Eternity Blitz Testbuild 2.0

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NachtIntellect

(WIP) Eternity Blitz Testbuild 2.0

Post by NachtIntellect »

(Ignore the white on the image, I can't seem to get it transparent via IMGUR)

Hi everyone, NervousIntellect here, I have been working on a project for a few months, it is called Eternity Blitz and with the help of a few other folks I think I am ready for a forum thread to gather interest from the community. So what is Eternity Blitz, well it for starters is my first big project, I have worked on other things here and there but I've never actually had a project to call my own and so while working on this other stuff I came up with an idea a while back while talking with Terminus.

What if I could make a retro shooter where it feels a bit like a game of speed and agility, what if I could make something where the player was moving in a way that made them want to engage with enemies in order to gain boosts to some of their stats, I could have a combo meter and a special meter, the player could thrust themselves I could add in a score meter, I could add in voicelines, I could make each enemy have a stage where they change tactics too based on their health values and I could find some way to balance the insane, I am not all about making this really hard, I am making a challenging experience for the players that runs very smoothly.

However as of right now, there is a early alpha of the game which I have released to the public:

If you load this with other mods, it is not my responsibility to fix them or make them compatible with Eternity Blitz, you may also break already existing mechanics. Additionally, please do not beg other mod authors to make their mods compatible with Eternity Blitz.

Source 1 Testbuild 2.0 (Google Drive)
Source 2 Testbuild 2.0 (Mediafire)
Spoiler: Introduction to Eternity Blitz
Spoiler: Videos
Spoiler: Screenshots
Spoiler: Credits
Spoiler: Usage rights
New discord server link: https://discord.gg/rcFYchF
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:42 am, edited 32 times in total.
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: (WIP)Eternity Blitz

Post by MFG38 »

Looks interesting, especially the level in the second video with all the blue lights.

I'll keep an eye peeled.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

It looks cool , I'm not as interested at the moment as it is very early in development but it looks promising!
Also if movement is important in this mod, I guess some platforming is going to happen in the maps?
If so, please consider having AirControl in a script so the player can have more freedom in the air.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Dude27th wrote:It looks cool , I'm not as interested at the moment as it is very early in development but it looks promising!
Also if movement is important in this mod, I guess some platforming is going to happen in the maps?
If so, please consider having AirControl in a script so the player can have more freedom in the air.
I can guarantee you that is definitely the case, in most cases it's like the player is moving like a feather, if you jump boost forward you can actually move all the way back to the starting point of where you jumped.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

NachtIntellect wrote:
Dude27th wrote:It looks cool , I'm not as interested at the moment as it is very early in development but it looks promising!
I can guarantee you that is definitely the case, in most cases it's like the player is moving like a feather, if you jump boost forward you can actually move all the way back to the starting point of where you jumped.
Hell Yeah !
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

I've been going around and sharing an alpha build of Eternity Blitz and I thought I would share it here too although nervous and sweating I am going to share it here too, just a disclaimer everything in here is currently a work in progress, below the link there will be a spoiler telling you all the things that could possibly go wrong or isn't implemented yet:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lp0Ab ... qo_eAr4VQS
Spoiler: List of bugs/Things not implemented
Okay so after all that, I actually have a discord server if you guys would like to report bugs or talk about the mod or just in general hang out with people who like the project:

EDIT: (New server link) https://discord.gg/rcFYchF
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: (WIP) Eternity Blitz

Post by chronoteeth »

the coppa stuff, did you set your youtube to not child appropriate? thats what you have to do to make it compliant
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

COPPA has been around since 1998 and the only thing you need to do to be compliant is basically nothing. Only people who are specifically targeting children need to mark their videos as "child-oriented". There is no reason for you to get weird about it. As Doom is clearly not a game made for children you have literally nothing to worry about. You could also just use Bitchute instead if you're still paranoid.
Last edited by skdursh on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

chronoteeth wrote:the coppa stuff, did you set your youtube to not child appropriate? thats what you have to do to make it compliant
It's actually the opposite. You need to mark your videos as "child-oriented" if you are specifically targeting children. As Doom isn't for children it clearly does not fall under that umbrella so Nacht doesn't need to do anything. It also doesn't go into effect across Youtube until 2020 so that they give "creators" appropriate time to mark their content.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Hey everyone just letting you know I'll have a patch out before X-mas, it appears there were some things in that folder that I forgot to include or disabled while I was testing new things. In the meantime I've got some art to share with you guys. I would post more and perhaps I will later, but for now so I don't overload this thread with images, here's a full image of Yuihachi, the protagonist I've been sharing around, besides that I would like to tell you I am looking for volunteers so if you think you know how you could improve the mod, come speak to me personally either via discord or otherwise:

Last edited by NachtIntellect on Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Alright so that christmas patch I was talking about is here, there is also this if you guys are interested.

Christmas patch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gJ7Gf ... sp=sharing
Merry Christmas all: https://soundcloud.com/user-347186504/m ... eblitzteam
Spoiler: Changelog as per Alpha V2.1
Also while I am here, I have made a playlist of Jimmy's tracks of all the things I have commissioned him for: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ZKyej6mxDk

Should probably say, I am looking for people to help with the project which includes creating custom textures and maps, I have everything else covered besides monster sounds. But anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful christmas, happy holidays and I will see you all sometime in the new year.

EDIT: I took down the original server but have since made a new 1, I have my reasons for this but I won't explain them: https://discord.gg/rcFYchF
Nash

Post by Nash »

It is an honor to be a part of this project and help bring to life the unique sprites of Eternity Blitz. :) I will be posting WIP monster spritework here from time to time.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Thanks Nash and Frachtur looks amazing indeed, decided to jump back on youtube although I am not sure if it's permanent or not, but here is some gameplay of me testing Frachtur (Please note I am a bit rusty on OBS and forgot the record buttons).

Also, just a reminder that I re-opened the discord server recently: https://discord.gg/rcFYchF
Stormwalker

Post by Stormwalker »

Should the main character's codename be spelled "Wespenschwarm" in stead of "Wespenschwerm"? I couldn't see a translation for the spelling as it stands currently.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Hello everyone, I am just letting you know in advance in the next week I am hoping to have a test build up after Brachial is finished. This will be only available to those in my discord server because I am not going to release it to the public just yet there are certain things that need to be tested after my conversion of Decorate to Zscript. Also I would like to extend that in February/March, I will be looking for mappers and anyone skilled in making textures in order to make more maps and replace the current doom textures we have, I have an idea of what I want in regards to maps and this is paid work, as for how much you would be earning we can discuss that.

Also Frachtur is pretty much 99% complete, he has his own sounds now and has flinging shells when he explodes. I debated for a while if the flinging shells should hurt the player then decided that the explosion is enough.

Other than that, here is a picture of Bazillus, if you want to see all the concept art we have so far, there is a channel in my discord which houses everything of that sort:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”