Supreme Invasion - Universal! v7 (11/09/2021) (Optimized!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Supreme Invasion - Universal! v6

Post by TDRR »

Updated! Now the mod is in a .pk3 file, and monsters only spawn on walls 5% of the time.

Download link in the OP!
redman89

Post by redman89 »

TDRR wrote:Updated! Now the mod is in a .pk3 file, and monsters only spawn on walls 5% of the time.

Download link in the OP!

Great mod man, ive been playing with your mod for weeks and i cant get enough ! you gave my deathmatch maps collection some purpose.

These are the stuff i would like you to implement to make the mod even better.

1) for some reason, the plasma rifle is never spawned. everytime i pick ammo/weapon in your mod, i only seem to get shotgun/rocketlauncher/gatlinggun. no chainsaw, no plasmarifle. (bfg i dont care too op)

2) it would be nice to add the option to select which monsters you would like to be present. choosing individual monsters activating or deactivating each one. like for ex.
Chaingunner on/off
Hell knight. on/off
Cacodemon on/off
Demon on/off
Imp on/off
etc etc.

3) you should improve and add more notifications. for example, when you die a lot you display a "your skills need improvement" etc. You should maybe implement the same notifications as skulltag deathmatch icons and stuff and replace your face with some fancy icons instead.

Other than those two things, your mod is one of the best additions to any gameplay mod i have ever seen. Its replay value is infinite. Thank you for your work.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

redman89 wrote: Great mod man, ive been playing with your mod for weeks and i cant get enough ! you gave my deathmatch maps collection some purpose.

These are the stuff i would like you to implement to make the mod even better.

1) for some reason, the plasma rifle is never spawned. everytime i pick ammo/weapon in your mod, i only seem to get shotgun/rocketlauncher/gatlinggun. no chainsaw, no plasmarifle. (bfg i dont care too op)

2) it would be nice to add the option to select which monsters you would like to be present. choosing individual monsters activating or deactivating each one. like for ex.
Chaingunner on/off
Hell knight. on/off
Cacodemon on/off
Demon on/off
Imp on/off
etc etc.

3) you should improve and add more notifications. for example, when you die a lot you display a "your skills need improvement" etc. You should maybe implement the same notifications as skulltag deathmatch icons and stuff and replace your face with some fancy icons instead.

Other than those two things, your mod is one of the best additions to any gameplay mod i have ever seen. Its replay value is infinite. Thank you for your work.
Thanks for the nice words! About your suggestions:
1) Yeah, i can't remember why but i didn't put the Plasma Rifle in. Maybe i'm going to add a Plasma Rife + Chainsaw spawn which could work.

2) That would be nice definitely, but it it's going to take a while. I have the next update almost ready so i'm going to delay that for the next one, hope you are fine with that.

3) That one is pretty hard to do, as i can't think of a good way to track a player's death count across save-files or across games. The ST DM icons are something that would look cool but trust me, when you are playing with so many opponents (In this case monsters) they get very annoying. I'm going to see if i can do anything about it though, but don't count on it as it's not exactly easy to do.

And thank you for your feedback!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Say, did you ever test it out w/ Guncaster? *shrug*
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

AvzinElkein wrote:Say, did you ever test it out w/ Guncaster? *shrug*
I haven't. Is there any bugs with it? I can't really play Guncaster on this PC so if you want it to work with this you have to help me by telling me what goes wrong and what doesn't.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Friend of mine reports that this doesn't seem to work with Doom Exp.
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Solaela »

Dunno why but the DL link points to another site for some reason now tries to go to mega and then goes to a 'cant get to site page and my antivirus is now reporting a lot of malacious site domain requests. Just a heads up so you can fix this?

Edited to remove the link. I can DM the link upon request from TC or mod.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Solaela wrote:Dunno why but the DL link points to another site for some reason now tries to go to mega and then goes to a 'cant get to site page and my antivirus is now reporting a lot of malacious site domain requests. Just a heads up so you can fix this?

Edited to remove the link. I can DM the link upon request from TC or mod.
You better put this on the Sentinel's Playground, which is much safer. And the reason for this is because ad.fly is home to bunch of notorious malware in it.
Last edited by skyrish10 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Replaced links by ones hosted in TSPG. Really sorry for the inconvenience, hope everyone is able to download normally now.
00face

Post by 00face »

This mod is amazing. Can you please make three QOL additions for us?
These would be:
Wave spawning options (all, batches, one by one), ~ lags out on larger maps with spawns
spawn effect options (disable, decorate, vanilla, supreme),
death/cleanup effects (disable, decorate, vanilla, supreme),

Also, would it be possible to extend the waves past 15?

Thank you very much for your work so far. I hope you and yours are well.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

00face wrote:Wave spawning options (all, batches, one by one), ~ lags out on larger maps with spawns
Not possible atm, requires a rewrite of some parts of the system. I'll try, just in case.
00face wrote:spawn effect options (disable, decorate, vanilla, supreme)
You mean the teleport fog when monsters spawn? I don't see why that would need a toggle. They will always use whatever the mod set as a teleportfog.
I'll look into adding this anyways, but I fear it might cause sprite and sound conflicts.
00face wrote:death/cleanup effects (disable, decorate, vanilla, supreme),
With disable you mean being able to disable the dead body cleanup?
00face wrote:Also, would it be possible to extend the waves past 15?
I'll increase that option to a max of 50 but I think it's really overkill and will run super slow.
00face

Post by 00face »

TDRR wrote:
00face wrote:Wave spawning options (all, batches, one by one), ~ lags out on larger maps with spawns
Not possible atm, requires a rewrite of some parts of the system. I'll try, just in case.
00face wrote:spawn effect options (disable, decorate, vanilla, supreme)
You mean the teleport fog when monsters spawn? I don't see why that would need a toggle. They will always use whatever the mod set as a teleportfog.
I'll look into adding this anyways, but I fear it might cause sprite and sound conflicts.

When I start up a game with Supreme Invasion I get a big lag spike on the one count for starting the wave. I'm not sure if it's the monsters all spawning at once, the telefog or what.

00face wrote:death/cleanup effects (disable, decorate, vanilla, supreme),
With disable you mean being able to disable the dead body cleanup?

I also get a lag spike when they explode from dying lol. Which is of course not your issue, but compatibility wise you could have a option to just remove them rather than killing them to be more accessible.
00face wrote:Also, would it be possible to extend the waves past 15?
I'll increase that option to a max of 50 but I think it's really overkill and will run super slow.
I see what you mean now, perhaps integration with AI-director or something like it could help with the mass spawning and wave progression.

Separately the only other issue I've had is I occasionally crash on respawn with an OAL sound error, I'll take a screenshot next time :roll: , oops.

Here are the mods I'm running with Supreme Invasion again with no other issues so far with Doom RPG Launcher:

Code: Select all

mods={DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.4.pk3};{DoomRL_Monsters_Beta_7.3.pk3};{mk-champions[2.666].pk3};{LegenDoomLite_3.1.pk3};{cblood.pk3};{ColourfulHellBrownBeta5.pk3};{imp-achievements-v0.1.pk3};{DoomWeap4XUp.pk3};{doommus.pk3};{ISABELLE.pk3};{j-jukebox-v9.pk3};{precise-crosshair-1.4.pk3};{SpriteShadow v1.9.pk3};{TintMaps.pk3};{vandomizer_v10.pk3};{zscript-iceshatter.pk3};{UniversalEntropy.pk3};{DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer (Base) v5a.pk3};{Monster Randomizer.pk3};{pk_doom_sfx_20120224.wad};{ambiencepack.wad};{GatherYourParty.pk3};{playable-monsters.pk3};{NewTextColours_260.pk3};{AVP MonsterPack by SOH.pk3};{Rampancy_1.1.pk3};{TiltPlusPlus v1.65.pk3};{VariedDoomV3b.pk3};{target-spy-v1.14.pk3};{conicalspread.pk3};{climbing.pk3};{autopause-v0.1.pk3};{drag-things.pk3};{Artifacts.pk3};{DaggerFall Enemy Pack.pk3};{demoncounterstrike-v0.05d-optionmenu.pk3};{PFEnh.pk3};{DoomParallaxRelief.pk3};{doomrla_kinsie_fknrip.pk3};{doomrla_kinsie_metaprops.pk3};{FillSpectre3.1.pk3};{fluidshader-1.3.pk3};{fragtrak.pk3};{fullscrn_huds.pk3};{InexpensiveDoom.pk3};{marifx_m-master.pk3};{mk-episodic-ex[1.1.0].pk3};{mk-smoothfire[20200305].pk3};{random_criticals_beta_0.14.pk3};{RPGVariations.pk3};{RPGVariationsNaziDog.pk3};{RPGVariationsShotgunDog.pk3};{SNESJukebox-TetraPack.pk3};{VignetteShader.pk3};{vsmooth.deh};{vsmooth.wad};{armament-tuning-0.3.1.pk3};{menusliders.pk3};{ObAddon.pk3};{AI-Director-master.pk3};{AltBrightmapsDoom2.pk3};{TrooCullers2.pk3};{quake-move-v2.0.2-doom-mod-fixed-no-infringe.pk3};{metadoom_v666_titan.pk3};{birds.wad};{WanderingItems.wad};{supremeinvasionv6.pk3};{lean.pk3};{kMiniMap_beta0.3.pk3};{droplets_1.3.1.pk3};{(GZDoom) Liquid Texture Pack V1.3.pk3};{LTP V1.3 HD Textures.pk3};{LTP V1.3 Shader pack.pk3};{GZDB LTP V1.3 Resource File..pk3};{RDND12.pk3}
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

00face wrote:When I start up a game with Supreme Invasion I get a big lag spike on the one count for starting the wave. I'm not sure if it's the monsters all spawning at once, the telefog or what.

I also get a lag spike when they explode from dying lol. Which is of course not your issue, but compatibility wise you could have a option to just remove them rather than killing them to be more accessible.[
Ah, alright. Adding an option to disable both should be easy.
00face wrote:Separately the only other issue I've had is I occasionally crash on respawn with an OAL sound error, I'll take a screenshot next time :roll: , oops.

Here are the mods I'm running with Supreme Invasion again with no other issues so far with Doom RPG Launcher:
That's strange, I don't have sound related crashes in FMOD-running ZDoom versions, but I have never tested in modern GZDoom with OpenAL. I'll try to look into it.

Are all these mods loaded at the same time? If so, then Varied Doom definitely shouldn't be loaded along with Supreme Invasion, it's not the cause of the crash but I'm pretty sure Varied Doom does nothing when loaded along Supreme Invasion.
PokeParty445
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by PokeParty445 »

This may just be me being dumb but is this meant to be played in deathmatch or cooperative? I'm more so talking about multiplayer when I ask this because singleplayer you can set it exactly how you want.

It's just if you play multiplayer with deathmatch, players can hurt each other, and deathmatch weapons spawn which can break the flow sometimes in my opinion.

But if you play multiplayer with cooperative, you have to go through the whole map unless it's a DM map.

Sorry if this is a really stupid question I'm just very confused.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

PokeParty445 wrote:This may just be me being dumb but is this meant to be played in deathmatch or cooperative? I'm more so talking about multiplayer when I ask this because singleplayer you can set it exactly how you want.

It's just if you play multiplayer with deathmatch, players can hurt each other, and deathmatch weapons spawn which can break the flow sometimes in my opinion.

But if you play multiplayer with cooperative, you have to go through the whole map unless it's a DM map.

Sorry if this is a really stupid question I'm just very confused.
You need to play in coop mode, but DM maps are recommended (unfortunately, not all DM maps include a player 1 start but I can't fix that).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”