Hideous Destructor 4.3.3d

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor

Postby Klavito » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 am

Tartlman wrote:
Klavito wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to make a question.

I've been watching a few things about the mod, and it looks even better than the realistic stuff I was looking for. The problem is, because of my PC being not like a toaster, but like a piece of stone, the latest GZDoom version I can run without it crashing is the 3.3.0.

So I cant load none of the current versions of HD, and when I look for the 3.3.0 version of the mod in github, I dont see the .pk3 file.

Is there a solution for me, or should I forget about the idea of playing this mod at all? :/

I would thank any advice or information.

here's the last version for 3.3

Have you tried using LZDoom? Configuring it is a bit more complex than for regular GZDoom, but you might be able to play HD as it's based on 3.3.2. Personally, i use LZDoom too cause my computer is also a toaster.

Wow, I really thank you so much. I have no idea how a I didnt know about that version of ZDoom. It works perfecly with HD 3.7.2.
Klavito

Postby Klavito » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:57 am

Matt wrote:Drag the zip file onto gzdoom.exe

Thank you also. Didnt know you could execute zip files directly with ZDoom. Too used to opening them and extracting the .pk3.
Klavito

Postby Tartlman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Klavito wrote:Wow, I really thank you so much. I have no idea how a I didnt know about that version of ZDoom. It works perfecly with HD 3.7.2.

Why are you using HD 3.7.2? LZDoom supports* GZDoom 4.2 zscript, so new versions should work fine.

*kind of. ignore the version mismatch warning.
Tartlman
shitposting with zscript

Discord: bogus#2947
Github ID: boogiebogus

Postby Klavito » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:48 pm

Tartlman wrote:Why are you using HD 3.7.2? LZDoom supports* GZDoom 4.2 zscript, so new versions should work fine.

*kind of. ignore the version mismatch warning.

Oh, well, even better thank you again.
Klavito

Postby mrtaterz » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:49 pm

mrtaterz
aka GooseJelly

Discord: GooseJelly#8476
Twitch ID: thebigchez420
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Matt » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:00 pm

This has been resolved, but for the benefit of those who aren't on the Discord: no one else could replicate it and it went away when GooseJelly made a "fresh" folder to try it in.

My primary suspicion is some kind of caching problem on his end that was preventing a corrupted copy of HD from being overwritten correctly.

However, one alternative possibility is that there's something in the ini that could somehow cause this. Can't imagine what though.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Tartlman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Would it be possible to increase the size of the weapon status array? It would probably have an almost nonexistent effect on performance and make things easier for modders.
Tartlman
shitposting with zscript

Postby Jarewill » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:43 am

There's a thing that's been kinda messing with me in the new version of the mod.
The fact that one needs to have crosshair enabled to see the sights now.
It might not be a big issue for other players, but I don't like playing with the crosshair, but I still want to use the hd's weapon sights.
So having to constantly switch the crosshair on and off with every mod I play gets tiresome fast.
There's already a option to disable sights in hd options, so is this really necessary?
At least an option to force crosshair on when playing hd would be useful to have.
Jarewill

Postby Matt » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:42 pm

Reverted to the old behaviour.
Matt

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Tartlman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:11 am

hideous destructor github page wrote:gadgets: new gadget, felt cute might delete later.
MatthewTheGlutton committed 10 hours ago
a jetpack for rough landings.

oh my
Tartlman
shitposting with zscript

Postby Matt » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:53 pm

I was going to post something snarky about the nomenclature since the underlying mechanic was supposed to be similar to the effect of the Thunder Buster, but finally reading the wiki article on jet engines I'm starting to think this thing might actually be literally a jetpack even despite that...
Matt

Postby dashyr89 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:36 am

Well... trying to enjoy this game but now im running into a pretty retarded bug. I'm using the bolt action rifle. Worked well up to a point... fired a couple of shots reloaded.

Then out of nowhere I cannot operate the bolt anymore. My character dosent even try to work it. All it does is lowering the gun a bit. I thought perhaps it was a game mechanic I ain't aware of so I reloaded. Same thing. New game. Same thing. Reinstalled both GZDoom and HD... same thing. What the hell?
dashyr89

Postby Caligari87 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:51 am

The "Boss" bolt rifle can sometimes jam, moreso when it's dirty. Hold the altfire (pull bolt) button and it'll keep trying to force it open. Also check the weapon helptext or the manual for how to clean the rifle.

The last time the Boss rifle code was meaningfully updated was months ago, and no one else has reported this so I don't think it's a bug.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Tc_667 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:54 pm

This mod is like playing rainbow six, but with demons, demons without disadvantages, and you, you are held by the rules of reality. Load and unjam, until is done.
Tc_667

Discord: 8069
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Tartlman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:45 am

Finished the "second episode" of ancient aliens. Am I a madman?

Maybe a little.

(NOTE: I am not going to attempt the third episode. You cannot convince me that MAP28 and MAP29 is possible.)

After some consideration, MAP29 is without a doubt possible. MAP28 is still gonna suck though.
Tartlman
shitposting with zscript

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods