Hexen Inventory?

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Nanami

Hexen Inventory?

Post by Nanami »

Couple questions.

In Hexen Deathmatch, does the Banishment Device do anything? I'm playing around and it doesn't seem to do anything at all to other players. Is it supposed to teleport people, or kill them, or what?

Also the ArtiEgg in Hexen is supposed to do something but it seems to make the other player into an invisible pig. I was doing coop with a bot with damage on and hit him with it and did F12. He's a pig but I can't see him. I assume this is a bug. ;P
SargeBaldy

Re: Hexen Inventory?

Post by SargeBaldy »

Nanami wrote:Also the ArtiEgg in Hexen is supposed to do something but it seems to make the other player into an invisible pig. I was doing coop with a bot with damage on and hit him with it and did F12. He's a pig but I can't see him. I assume this is a bug. ;P
the egg turns the player into a chicken, which doesn't exist in hexen. not sure why it's in there at all actually. it's either a bug or an item that they planned on including and then changed their minds about. but it's not a zdoom error, it was always there in hexen.wad.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The egg in Hexen is just a leftover sprite that doesn't even work in the original game. It works in ZDoom because the sprite name is identical with Heretic's egg so it acts like Heretic's Morph Ovum and turns player and monsters into chickens. (It is added to the inventory because that function only checks for sprite presence) The chicken sprite does not exist in Hexen so they become invisible (or are deleted, I don't really know). If you add chicken sprites you will get real Heretic chickens running around.

The Banishment device should teleport any player it hits to a random deathmatch start. I have no idea why it doesn't work.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Well, half of what you said is (probably) a bug.
There is a white egg (artifact) in Heretic to turn enemies and players into [visible] chickens.
In Hexen, a golden egg (also an artif) exists, which turns enemies+players into pigs, also visible ones. (Or at least, they should be visible).

Return to “Editing (Archive)”