DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Machine-Reaper

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Post by Machine-Reaper »

FollowTheDamnTrain wrote: Actually, I think it applies exactly as many mods as your weapon supports.
I've tested this and seen that it does this randomly as well, you won't always get 4 mods applied on a weapon that supports upto 4 mods.

sometimes you might only get one applied or 3 etc.
FollowTheDamnTrain

Post by FollowTheDamnTrain »

Machine-Reaper wrote: I've tested this and seen that it does this randomly as well, you won't always get 4 mods applied on a weapon that supports upto 4 mods.

sometimes you might only get one applied or 3 etc.
Hmm interesting, I've also tested it about 20-30 times on a battle rifle, rocket launcher and pistol and it never applied less than 4 mods. Not a single time. Sometimes it'd apply 2 modpacks of the same type, but the total number was always 4. Lucky RNG, I guess...
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

FollowTheDamnTrain wrote: Hmm interesting, I've also tested it about 20-30 times on a battle rifle, rocket launcher and pistol and it never applied less than 4 mods. Not a single time. Sometimes it'd apply 2 modpacks of the same type, but the total number was always 4. Lucky RNG, I guess...
the Randomness can change at times when you change a map or get harmed, kill something and many other things.

in my case I was using it in one map and no matter which weapon I applied it on, it always gave me an single agility mod.

its a crazy mod pack after all.

Also @Yholl can you tell me from which game do those bouncing eyes you got the idea from?

I remember something similar in Commander Keen but I still can't put my finger on it :idea:
FollowTheDamnTrain

Machine-Reaper wrote:
the Randomness can change at times when you change a map or get harmed, kill something and many other things.

in my case I was using it in one map and no matter which weapon I applied it on, it always gave me an single agility mod.

its a crazy mod pack after all.
Hmm, yeah I noticed that the randomness is really odd in different ways. I'm a Technician main, so extracting modpacks from rare weapons is my go-to strat. Sometimes I get really good RNG and then die, but there's still a chance that on my next try, the same exact enemies would drop the same exact weapons which in turn would convert into the same exact modpacks. At other times this doesn't happen and the RNG is completely renewed (and I usually get pretty pissed).

Other things seem to be completely set in stone throughout multiple iterations.

By the way, it'd be interesting to know the odds of each modpack spawning. Among the 4 "common" ones (Agility, Technical, Bulk, Power), it seems that the agility modpack spawns most frequently (makes sense since it's arguably the worst) while the power mod is a little more rare, but I might be wrong there. The onyx mod seems to be exceptionally rare and I usually come across only 1 on each playthrough; same for the Arti mod.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:Also @Yholl can you tell me from which game do those bouncing eyes you got the idea from?

I remember something similar in Commander Keen but I still can't put my finger on it :idea:
I have no idea what you are talking about.
FollowTheDamnTrain wrote:By the way, it'd be interesting to know the odds of each modpack spawning. Among the 4 "common" ones (Agility, Technical, Bulk, Power), it seems that the agility modpack spawns most frequently (makes sense since it's arguably the worst) while the power mod is a little more rare, but I might be wrong there. The onyx mod seems to be exceptionally rare and I usually come across only 1 on each playthrough; same for the Arti mod.
All basic mods have equal chance, all exotic mods have equal chance. There is no bias.
DRLA wrote: DropItem "RLBulkModItem" 255 2500
DropItem "RLPowerModItem" 255 2500
DropItem "RLAgilityModItem" 255 2500
DropItem "RLTechnicalModItem" 255 2500
DropItem "RLNanoModItem" 255 300
DropItem "RLSniperModItem" 255 300
DropItem "RLFirestormModItem" 255 300
DropItem "RLOnyxModItem" 255 300
DropItem "RLArmorModItem" 255 600
// DropItem "RLArtiModItem" 255 1 // banned for breaking the game, honestly should've expected that from him
The second number is the chance of spawning. Add all the numbers up together, and that'll show you the chance.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote: have no idea what you are talking about.
rood
Spoiler:
FollowTheDamnTrain

Yholl wrote:
DRLA wrote: DropItem "RLBulkModItem" 255 2500
DropItem "RLPowerModItem" 255 2500
DropItem "RLAgilityModItem" 255 2500
DropItem "RLTechnicalModItem" 255 2500
DropItem "RLNanoModItem" 255 300
DropItem "RLSniperModItem" 255 300
DropItem "RLFirestormModItem" 255 300
DropItem "RLOnyxModItem" 255 300
DropItem "RLArmorModItem" 255 600
// DropItem "RLArtiModItem" 255 1 // banned for breaking the game, honestly should've expected that from him
The second number is the chance of spawning. Add all the numbers up together, and that'll show you the chance.
So the Arti Mod spawn chance was a whooping 1 : 11.801...? Wow, my luck is off the charts then. ~2,5% for the Firestorm/Nano/Sniper is much less than it actually seemed, too. I get very unlucky with Onyx mods though, for some reason. Very interesting, thanks for the info!

Dumb question: What does the Fire Skull do?
I know the Blood Skull regenerates health based on how many corpses are around, the Hatred Skull gives you berserk time based on how many corpses are around - and the Fire Skull just blows the corpses up, dealing a little damage? It doesn't seem to grant me noticeable buffs or anything.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

FollowTheDamnTrain wrote: Dumb question: What does the Fire Skull do?
it explodes corpses like bombs.
FollowTheDamnTrain

Almost figured so...
Spoiler:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:rood
Are you going to actually explain what these "bouncing eyes" are, or just declare me rude for asking what you're talking about?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:
Machine-Reaper wrote:rood
Are you going to actually explain what these "bouncing eyes" are, or just declare me rude for asking what you're talking about?
okay I'm confused

I'm asking you if you know since it is your mod obviously and there is a bip in the test room that says "rood" that I thought you would get the idea from as reference.

bips are from commander keen, and I believe Arti Modpacks eyes might also be from commander keen but I can't tell as of still.
Spoiler:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:I'm asking you if you know since it is your mod obviously and there is a bip in the test room that says "rood" that I thought you would get the idea from as reference.
Something that is entirely unrelated to what you're actually asking about. You posted a single word response, based on something not even related, instead of just giving me more information so I can answer you.
Machine-Reaper wrote:bips are from commander keen, and I believe Arti Modpacks eyes might also be from commander keen but I can't tell as of still.
Arti is the main character of Combined_Arms, one of Combine_Kegan's mods. It has no relation to CK whatsoever. His eyes do things like that.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:
Machine-Reaper wrote:I'm asking you if you know since it is your mod obviously and there is a bip in the test room that says "rood" that I thought you would get the idea from as reference.
Something that is entirely unrelated to what you're actually asking about. You posted a single word response, based on something not even related, instead of just giving me more information so I can answer you.
Machine-Reaper wrote:bips are from commander keen, and I believe Arti Modpacks eyes might also be from commander keen but I can't tell as of still.
Arti is the main character of Combined_Arms, one of Combine_Kegan's mods. It has no relation to CK whatsoever. His eyes do things like that.
I first asked you that was Arti Modpack's appearnce was from something related to Commander Keen?

you told me "I don't know what your talking about"

so I said "rood" which is said by the "Bip" in the test map in your mod which IS from Commander Keen, which of course was meant as both a joke and a clue for you to know what I'm talking about.

and thank you for telling me about where the Arti Modpack's origin is from.

also Soulstorm Rifle 's 3rd Artifact description says "it now has a Magazine capacity worthy of the beast itself" but there is no increased capacity in Magazine size.

it does however do 10 points of increased damage (34 points on 2nd Artifact, 44 points on 3rd Artifact)
devlman127

Post by devlman127 »

Behold, the Renegade Sphere!
https://imgur.com/a/lgFetaA
It spawns shotguns, and lots of 'em.
Spoiler:
Last edited by devlman127 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
FollowTheDamnTrain

When the Cybernetic Armor is boosted via modpack, the description doesn't show up anymore, it appears to access a file named "PDA_ARMOR_BOOSTED_CYBERNETICARMOR<modpackname>_DESC".

____

Also, I think that some of the following master assemblies could use a buff (take into consideration that this is a review of all the guns with the +50% Technician bonus damage applied to them):

Plasma Infusion:
I think this whole sub-category is the weakest of all master assemblies, it could use a buff across the board, except for the Laser Minigun which is quite powerful. The Plascharge Launcher isn't very strong against large enemies despite it's wallbang abilities. It could use a slight direct impact damage buff, along with the Plasma Cannon which could also use a slight damage buff. But that might be debatable, so let's move on...

...to the Incineration Device Launcher, which is quite weak, I think it should be able to wipe out a room with pinky demons in one shot. Also, a direct hit from this things' missile seems to do less damage than the flames that the missile emits, so letting it fly past enemies is more effective than hitting them with it, which again makes this more annoying to use.

But the true problem child of this sub-category is the Defense Drone Launcher. That thing is useless. It consumes 20 (!) rockets per drone, which is ridiculous considering the miniscule damage done by each drone (it appears to do 6 damage per shot WITH the Technician damage bonus!), plus the fact that they're destroyed incredibly easily, having only 30 HP. In stationary mode, the drones are slightly better since they autoaim with a fairly high fire rate, but the damage is still low and their resistance is puny.
The drones need a significant damage and resistance buff and the ammo consumption needs to be reduced.

Biggest Fucking Gun:
Considering that it consumes 100 cell ammo per shot and fires excruciatingly slowly while doing about the same damage per shot as the Plasma Refractor, I think this thing doesn't quite live up to it's name. The Nuclear version can stay as it is, but a direct hit from the normal version should wipe the guts of any given enemy across the wall.

Autocannon:
It basically got neutered in the last update. It's not worth to assemble at all.

These guns all totally pale in comparison to the Voltgun, the Plasma Refractor, the Super Machinegun, the Nanomanufacture Ammo sub-category, the Zeuss Cannon and even the Mother-In-Law despite it's fire rate nerf. There's basically no reason to assemble them.

The two strongest weapons damage wise are by far the Voltgun and the Plasma Refractor, followed by the MIL.
Someone said the Plasma Refractor needs a nerf, but I personally would suggest making it more difficult to assemble instead of nerfing it. It's strong af against large, single enemies but less effective for crowd control. So instead of nerfing it, make it's assembly combo a FFNS (Nano because of how efficient it is with ammo...) or FFSS instead of a PPPS. The Voltgun is also ridiculously strong while going really easy on ammo, I'd also make it an exotic modpack only assemble, too. But since you need to get closer to the enemy, I wouldn't nerf it either.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”