Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Payload4367

Re: [NEW Aliens: Eradication ] -Aliens: The Ultimate Doom Th

Post by Payload4367 »

No bother at all. Sorry for the delay. I was a little overly optimistic with that release announcement. Maps 3 and 4 still require quite a lot of polish and testing/balancing, but they are playable.

Here is the latest build: http://www.mediafire.com/file/szbmt6dtc ... E.zip/file

I worked a lot on the stand alone pk3 so you can play it with the original 1 and 2 IWADS as well as most user made pwads. Of course Kontra Kommando's Aliens mods have always been able to do this. This pk3 was modified for this project and I'm just getting around to fixing the balance for use with other mapsets.

While testing with other mapsets, I discovered how well it goes with my Dark Universe mapset. Get it here and load it up after the Alien Trilogy pk3. You won't regret it.
https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/dow ... rse-part-1

Thanks for playing and commenting. Have a great day.
Valken

Post by Valken »

Thank you for this. Great for weekend fun!
Espilonarge

Post by Espilonarge »

Payload4367 wrote:While testing with other mapsets, I discovered how well it goes with my Dark Universe mapset. Get it here and load it up after the Alien Trilogy pk3. You won't regret it.
https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/dow ... rse-part-1
Be careful when you get to MAP05 - THEIR NUMBERS GROW because there's one particular room that causes severe FPS drops. After using NOCLIP to find "what" was causing the FPS spiking, I found that room is full of disembodied heads bouncing around and dropping excessive amounts of blood everywhere.
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

Ah, I missed that. Thanks for the heads up. I'll get it fixed this weekend.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Espilonarge wrote:I found that room is full of disembodied heads...
Payload4367 wrote:Thanks for the heads up.
:lol:
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

Hahahahahaaa!!! That's some funny shit right there. I didn't even realize. :)
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Is there any way to disable the blip sound from the radar? Right now I can't play the mod at all because the constant "blip... blip... blip..." irritates the absolute hell out of me, which is a shame because other than that the mod looks fantastic and I'd really like to play it.
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

I've been thinking of a way to toggle the Motion Tracker on/off, but it's pretty low on the priorities list right now. Of course that is for disabling the whole thing, not just muting the blip. Worst case, I can reduce it's volume or even consider eliminating the "idle" blip. I'll give this all some consideration and hopefully come up with something you can play.

In the meantime, be sure to turn the Music vol up. It contains some atmospheric ambient "white noise" type stuff as well as some triggered music. It might help drown out the blip or give your ears something else to focus on.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Payload4367 wrote:I've been thinking of a way to toggle the Motion Tracker on/off, but it's pretty low on the priorities list right now. Of course that is for disabling the whole thing, not just muting the blip. Worst case, I can reduce it's volume or even consider eliminating the "idle" blip. I'll give this all some consideration and hopefully come up with something you can play.

In the meantime, be sure to turn the Music vol up. It contains some atmospheric ambient "white noise" type stuff as well as some triggered music. It might help drown out the blip or give your ears something else to focus on.
Unfortunately, I'm one of those gamers that generally plays games with the music set to 0 as it's easier for me to find myself immersed in something without a soundtrack following me around. I'm not asking you to revamp the whole mod for me or anything, but if there is a specific line of code or sound file that I can delete to disable the blip that you can point me in the direction of I'd gladly take care of it on my own end to be able to experience the mod. If you do end up making some sort of mini-mod to disable the sound though I certainly wouldn't reject it and would be quite appreciative. In any case, thank you for the response.
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

skdursh wrote: Unfortunately, I'm one of those gamers that generally plays games with the music set to 0 as it's easier for me to find myself immersed in something without a soundtrack following me around. I'm not asking you to revamp the whole mod for me or anything, but if there is a specific line of code or sound file that I can delete to disable the blip that you can point me in the direction of I'd gladly take care of it on my own end to be able to experience the mod. If you do end up making some sort of mini-mod to disable the sound though I certainly wouldn't reject it and would be quite appreciative. In any case, thank you for the response.

Sure thing. Open the pk3 file and find the Source.acs file. In script # 804, find this line: LOCALAMBIENTSOUND("BLIP",95);
Change the 95 to zero or even delete the line. This is the sound when no enemies are detected.

In script # 803, find this line: LOCALAMBIENTSOUND("DET",80);
Change the 80 to zero or even delete the line. This is the sound when an enemy is detected.

You'll need to right click on it and compile the file again after changing it.

On another note, if you like getting immersed in the atmosphere, I implore you to turn up the music volume. It isn't really a "music" track but is used for a ton of ambient sounds like machinery, creaks and groans, dripping water, falling boxes, movement in the walls, etc. Trust me you won't regret it. :D
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Payload4367 wrote:
skdursh wrote: Unfortunately, I'm one of those gamers that generally plays games with the music set to 0 as it's easier for me to find myself immersed in something without a soundtrack following me around. I'm not asking you to revamp the whole mod for me or anything, but if there is a specific line of code or sound file that I can delete to disable the blip that you can point me in the direction of I'd gladly take care of it on my own end to be able to experience the mod. If you do end up making some sort of mini-mod to disable the sound though I certainly wouldn't reject it and would be quite appreciative. In any case, thank you for the response.

Sure thing. Open the pk3 file and find the Source.acs file. In script # 804, find this line: LOCALAMBIENTSOUND("BLIP",95);
Change the 95 to zero or even delete the line. This is the sound when no enemies are detected.

In script # 803, find this line: LOCALAMBIENTSOUND("DET",80);
Change the 80 to zero or even delete the line. This is the sound when an enemy is detected.

You'll need to right click on it and compile the file again after changing it.

On another note, if you like getting immersed in the atmosphere, I implore you to turn up the music volume. It isn't really a "music" track but is used for a ton of ambient sounds like machinery, creaks and groans, dripping water, falling boxes, movement in the walls, etc. Trust me you won't regret it. :D
Thanks a lot I really appreciate the response and I will check out the music track if it is as you say, not actually music. :cheers:
Frozsoul

Post by Frozsoul »

Another alternative is to create your own PK3 patch file that contains a unique SNDINFO where BLIP and DET are re-assigned to a non-existent sound file. The patch file would be loaded in your source port after the base mod files.

For example, the PK3 file could contain a text entry "SNDINFO.Custom" that contains the following definitions:

Code: Select all

BLIP NULL
DET NULL
As there is no sound file with the name "NULL" this would serve to replace the default BLIP and DET sounds with nothing. Aside from not requiring recompilation of the ACS script, it should also work without adjustment when the base mods are updated.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Payload4367 has created the a 5 star mapset. Download the beta.

https://www.moddb.com/downloads/alienseradicationbeta1
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Here is a play-through of level 2

Valken

Post by Valken »

Is there a MP COOP server up for this? It feels better than Sega's Colonial Marines...

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”