New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Retro Roy

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Retro Roy »

New guy here, but I've been a fan of old-school Doom ever since I played Final Doom on the original Playstation back when I was a kid.
TedNelly

Post by TedNelly »

Was Trooper077 back when I was, 15? Crazy but yeah! Cool seeing a lot of old people still hurr
AllAccordingToCake

Post by AllAccordingToCake »

New here. Most of my Doom has been circumstantial and indirect.

I'm here chasing a ghost.
Rogue_Wave
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Rogue_Wave »

Greetings gentlemen, I had been introduced to DOOM when I was 10 on the SNES, it may have been the worst port but it has a special place in my heart.
I discovered this wonderful community in around 2010 with Eternal DOOM and after "the infamous mod", I was blown away by the new level of speed, gore and effects. Later I stumbled on Doomworld and later ZDOOM since then I have been lurking in both website until now.
You guys gave me a lot of entertainment and even relief when life was rough as it is now so by join you now, I hope to give you back with my humble contribution to the DOOM community.
TheDrugod
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by TheDrugod »

Hi im new here, just a doom fan since first shareware is out
roncho
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by roncho »

Hey there, mainly registered to bookmark/keep track of projects and updates for now.
Chipper35

Howdy!

Post by Chipper35 »

I am by no means new to Doom.....but I am new here! I've had an account over at Doom World for about 2 weeks now. Mostly just playing the MASSIVE library (and layer upon layer) of Doom mods. Wow! I've been out of the loop for a long time! I did get about thigh-deep in the world of Rainbow Six playing/modding around 2001.......but that's about it. Geez: Doom has become its own solar system.

Anyway: Hello from Texas!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Chipper35

Post by Chipper35 »

roncho wrote:Hey there, mainly registered to bookmark/keep track of projects and updates for now.
I'm new here too! Hello!!
TommyOliverMorgan
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by TommyOliverMorgan »

Greetings everyone. I am new to the forums after lurking for some time. I am going by the username of TommyOliverMorgan and I have been playing doom and other fps games for who knows how long. I am also a fan of Tokusatsu, and starting off I will be working with the GZDoom engine for quite a long time. I hope to do well and strive for excellence.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Good afternoon Doomers,
After being effectively a member on the site for close to 10-12 years but without an account, i figured, why not take an actual step for a change. Thus, i am rather familiar with most names, mods, and histories. :)

In terms of gaming im a writer and editor and always looking for something new or something obscure. Thus over the years a lot of knowledge came to be, something MrFlibble also tends to show (Looking for obscure things). So Flibble, if you read this, hello!

I hope to be a satisfactory contributor to the zDoom community and the Doom community by large and perhaps take a first step into designing a level for Doom aswell. You gotta start somewhere, right? So why not amongst a crowd ive known for the latter tooth of 10+ years, but never interacted with. :lol:
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Welcome!
Uni-000

Re: Somewhat New but Oldish Member Introduction

Post by Uni-000 »

Uni here, bringing you some strange videos on my YouTube account(that has the same Profile picture), someone who wished to code himself a 3d sector engine. But I kept getting “header file/static or dynamic library not found like errors” when I tried.

And someone who can’t wait for his zdoom discord return.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Rachael wrote:Welcome!
Thank you Rachael, its good to finally be here. I shall get myself up and running at Doomworld aswell!
Uni-000 wrote:Uni here, bringing you some strange videos on my YouTube account(that has the same Profile picture), someone who wished to code himself a 3d sector engine. But I kept getting “header file/static or dynamic library not found like errors” when I tried.

And someone who can’t wait for his zdoom discord return.
Welcome Uni-000 here. Perhaps i can help out with your engine ideas. :)
Alper002

Post by Alper002 »

Hello...

Most of my history with the Doom community started about a year or so ago, with me joining Doomworld. I have however played and attempted modding for Doom/2 since a long time before that.

Recently I've also taken a liking to non-Doom games in the Doom engine, like Hexen or Strife.

I'm happy forums are better for slow-paced posting, as it allows for me to think through what I am saying. Despite that, I still have a hard time writing this post, as I feel as though I don't know myself enough to introduce myself. :oops:
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Alper002 wrote:Hello...

Most of my history with the Doom community started about a year or so ago, with me joining Doomworld. I have however played and attempted modding for Doom/2 since a long time before that.

Recently I've also taken a liking to non-Doom games in the Doom engine, like Hexen or Strife.

I'm happy forums are better for slow-paced posting, as it allows for me to think through what I am saying. Despite that, I still have a hard time writing this post, as I feel as though I don't know myself enough to introduce myself. :oops:
Hello Alper, welcome to the ZDoom community. Regarding the bolded: This was a pretty good introduction, so do not worry. If you want to discuss anything regarding Doom or your knowledge of self, don't hesitate to send me a private message. After all, you should enjoy the community here in any way, shape or form. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”