Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Klavito

Re: Hideous Destructor

Post by Klavito »

Tartlman wrote:
Klavito wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to make a question.

I've been watching a few things about the mod, and it looks even better than the realistic stuff I was looking for. The problem is, because of my PC being not like a toaster, but like a piece of stone, the latest GZDoom version I can run without it crashing is the 3.3.0.

So I cant load none of the current versions of HD, and when I look for the 3.3.0 version of the mod in github, I dont see the .pk3 file.

Is there a solution for me, or should I forget about the idea of playing this mod at all? :/

I would thank any advice or information.
here's the last version for 3.3

Have you tried using LZDoom? Configuring it is a bit more complex than for regular GZDoom, but you might be able to play HD as it's based on 3.3.2. Personally, i use LZDoom too cause my computer is also a toaster.
Wow, I really thank you so much. I have no idea how a I didnt know about that version of ZDoom. It works perfecly with HD 3.7.2.
Klavito

Post by Klavito »

Matt wrote:Drag the zip file onto gzdoom.exe
Thank you also. Didnt know you could execute zip files directly with ZDoom. Too used to opening them and extracting the .pk3.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Klavito wrote:Wow, I really thank you so much. I have no idea how a I didnt know about that version of ZDoom. It works perfecly with HD 3.7.2.
Why are you using HD 3.7.2? LZDoom supports* GZDoom 4.2 zscript, so new versions should work fine.

*kind of. ignore the version mismatch warning.
Klavito

Post by Klavito »

Tartlman wrote:Why are you using HD 3.7.2? LZDoom supports* GZDoom 4.2 zscript, so new versions should work fine.

*kind of. ignore the version mismatch warning.
Oh, well, even better thank you again.
mrtaterz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mrtaterz »

Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

This has been resolved, but for the benefit of those who aren't on the Discord: no one else could replicate it and it went away when GooseJelly made a "fresh" folder to try it in.

My primary suspicion is some kind of caching problem on his end that was preventing a corrupted copy of HD from being overwritten correctly.

However, one alternative possibility is that there's something in the ini that could somehow cause this. Can't imagine what though.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Would it be possible to increase the size of the weapon status array? It would probably have an almost nonexistent effect on performance and make things easier for modders.
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

There's a thing that's been kinda messing with me in the new version of the mod.
The fact that one needs to have crosshair enabled to see the sights now.
It might not be a big issue for other players, but I don't like playing with the crosshair, but I still want to use the hd's weapon sights.
So having to constantly switch the crosshair on and off with every mod I play gets tiresome fast.
There's already a option to disable sights in hd options, so is this really necessary?
At least an option to force crosshair on when playing hd would be useful to have.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Reverted to the old behaviour.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

hideous destructor github page wrote:gadgets: new gadget, felt cute might delete later.
MatthewTheGlutton committed 10 hours ago
a jetpack for rough landings.
oh my
Matt

Post by Matt »

I was going to post something snarky about the nomenclature since the underlying mechanic was supposed to be similar to the effect of the Thunder Buster, but finally reading the wiki article on jet engines I'm starting to think this thing might actually be literally a jetpack even despite that...
dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Well... trying to enjoy this game but now im running into a pretty [censored word] bug. I'm using the bolt action rifle. Worked well up to a point... fired a couple of shots reloaded.

Then out of nowhere I cannot operate the bolt anymore. My character dosent even try to work it. All it does is lowering the gun a bit. I thought perhaps it was a game mechanic I ain't aware of so I reloaded. Same thing. New game. Same thing. Reinstalled both GZDoom and HD... same thing. What the hell?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

The "Boss" bolt rifle can sometimes jam, moreso when it's dirty. Hold the altfire (pull bolt) button and it'll keep trying to force it open. Also check the weapon helptext or the manual for how to clean the rifle.

The last time the Boss rifle code was meaningfully updated was months ago, and no one else has reported this so I don't think it's a bug.

8-)
Tc_667

Post by Tc_667 »

This mod is like playing rainbow six, but with demons, demons without disadvantages, and you, you are held by the rules of reality. Load and unjam, until is done.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Finished the "second episode" of ancient aliens. Am I a madman?

Maybe a little.

(NOTE: I am not going to attempt the third episode. You cannot convince me that MAP28 and MAP29 is possible.)

After some consideration, MAP29 is without a doubt possible. MAP28 is still gonna suck though.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”