[SOLVED] How to make corpses be affected by thrusting?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Void Weaver

[SOLVED] How to make corpses be affected by thrusting?

Post by Void Weaver »

I just tries to make a some black hole that suck in dead bodies like as alive actors and uses for that A_RadiusThrust(-force), but can't figure how to make corpses be affected by thrusting.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Void Weaver on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherno

Re: How to make corpses be affected by thrusting?

Post by Cherno »

You have to somehow give them -DONTTHRUST, I'm not sure if anything else needs to be set, like SOLID or SHOOTABLE.
The brute force approach would probably be a ThinkerIterator that checks for corpses in the vincinity of the black hole.

Edit: Of course, their flag needs to be set before the force if applied.
Void Weaver

Re: How to make corpses be affected by thrusting?

Post by Void Weaver »

SOLID + SHOOTABLE was the first flags that I've tried. Doesn't work, like as adding of -DONTTHRUST. :|
Void Weaver

Re: [SOLVED] How to make corpses be affected by thrusting?

Post by Void Weaver »

Hm...
Not sure why it works, but if virtually "raise" dead actor by giving to it a some health (A_SetHealth), set SHOOTABLE=1 AND force it to jump into its Pain state, then monster quickly dies again (black hole still continue damages all around) while actor will be affected by thrust for a while. o_0
Looks a bit awkward but though.

Probably I'll try to move it via _Warp, but have no mind for now how to link pointers from dead bodies to static black hole projectile...

Return to “Scripting”