Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
tyrantkyng

Re: Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

Post by tyrantkyng »

So... forgive my ignorance, but how do I get to the outpost to accept missions/replay the campaign? I get the option to start there or in the Doom II/wad level when starting a new game, but after finishing the map pack/campaign it just ends. I tried saving my character also, but it says I must be at the outpost.

EDIT: BTW is there a way to make it possible to allow me to save my character outside of the outpost? I looked through the options a bit but didn't see anything, may have flown right past it though. Also... how do I use stims? I go into the stats menu/stims and try to use but keeps saying I need an injector. I don't see an injector in the store, so how do I use them? Thx
Obelisk31
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Obelisk31 »

Hello together,

I really enjoy the latest version of Doom RPG. But I have a really big problem. After a specific time my game freezes. (Music plays on)
I tested several GZDoom versions. I tried to play without any wad´s. Updated my graphics. Played with the settings.

None of that helped. CPU and graphics card temperature are fine. Other games run well.

Please help :(
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

Yeah sorry, unfortunately the mod still manages to freeze GZDoom after a while although it seems to be hit 'n miss for people as I was able play through BTSX E1 without any issues.

Do you happen you have a save game handy shortly before the freeze? If so, please PM me the file, the GZDoom version you were using, the date of your DRPG build, and your load order.
I'm curious as to what Visual Studio will reveal during the freeze, perhaps it will give me an idea of what to look at on DRPGs side.

Thanks.
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

Sumwunn - I sent you a PM with a save that is just before a freeze. Also.. I tried teleporting out of the level that was freezing, back to the RPG hub, to which I thought i'd try a different level, then go back to the one that was freezing, only to discover that now all the levels would freeze up after 5-10 minutes of play. So whatever it is, is universal within the mod I guess. Hope you solve it, as I can't really even play the game for more than 5-10 minutes unless I start all over (and it will eventually begin freezing at some random point, making a restart pointless).

Finally... I have figured everything else out (stims, shields, turrets, etc) but how do augs work? I am like level 23, Rank 3 and still cannot activate an Aug.
Obelisk31

Post by Obelisk31 »

Sumwunn wrote:Yeah sorry, unfortunately the mod still manages to freeze GZDoom after a while although it seems to be hit 'n miss for people as I was able play through BTSX E1 without any issues.

Do you happen you have a save game handy shortly before the freeze? If so, please PM me the file, the GZDoom version you were using, the date of your DRPG build, and your load order.
I'm curious as to what Visual Studio will reveal during the freeze, perhaps it will give me an idea of what to look at on DRPGs side.

Thanks.
Thanks for your reply. Im sorry but im not allowed to send you a pm and the file is too big for this forum :(
Any ideas?

GZDoom ver 4.1.3 x64
Doom RPG SE Rebanlance 2019-11-05

Load order:

- DommRL_Arsenal_1.1.2.pk3
- DommRL_Monsters_Beta_7.2.pk3
- Doom Hi-Res Texture Pack.pk3
- Others - Flashlights.pk3
- Others - Precise Crosshair 1.3.pk3
- JPCP.wad
- trar_drla_sounds.pk3
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

Obelisk31 - upload the save the mediafire. That's what I did, then just sent him the link. You can post the link here for him too. I already sent one, but he may be able to better pinpoint it with more saves from different people and I may have too many other mods installed for him to download/install lol.
Obelisk31

Post by Obelisk31 »

Thx tyrantkyng,

here is the savefile.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a716tpnk ... 0.zds/file
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Obelisk31 wrote:Hello together,

I really enjoy the latest version of Doom RPG. But I have a really big problem. After a specific time my game freezes. (Music plays on)
I tested several GZDoom versions. I tried to play without any wad´s. Updated my graphics. Played with the settings.

None of that helped. CPU and graphics card temperature are fine. Other games run well.

Please help :(
A small clarification.

1) To run the game you use Doom RPG SE launcher 1.0.3?

2) When exactly does the freeze occur? After what time after the start of the game?

3) Config is configured from scratch? I recommend removing "GZDoom-%username.ini" from the folder with the port and configure again.

Try the following boot order option (similar to this):

- DommRL_Arsenal_1.1.2.pk3
- DommRL_Monsters_Beta_7.2.pk3
- Doom Hi-Res Texture Pack.pk3
- JPCP.wad
- trar_drla_sounds.pk3
- Others - Flashlights.pk3
- Others - Precise Crosshair 1.3.pk3
Obelisk31

Post by Obelisk31 »

Hi lucker 42,

1) Yes I use that launcher.
2) If I only would know that^^. It occours randomly. With an earlier version it chrashed after 30+ minutes. With this setting after about 3 hours.
3) Config is from scratch.

I will try that load order. I'll get back to you later. Thank you!
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

So with the help of the GZDoom devs, the freeze was found to be an issue with DRLA's RPG compatibility checks and the fix for that will be included in the next DRLA update. :D

If you cannot wait for the next update and want to play now, here's how to fix it:

I recommend using 7-Zip to browse because you can double click a text file and edit it without decompressing the archive itself.

Fix:
DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.2.pk3/actors/misc/SpecialBosses.txt
- Paste these two lines underneath RLUniqueBossSpawner's empty DoorpegOutpostCheck label.
TNT1 A 0 ACS_NamedExecuteAlways("InOutpost", "HEYSTOPTHAT")
Goto SpawnLoop
Last edited by Sumwunn on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Sumwunn wrote:So with the help of the GZDoom devs, the freeze was found to be an issue with DRLA's RPG compatibility checks and the fix for that will be included in the next DRLA update. :D

If you cannot wait for the next update and want to play now, here's how to fix it:

I recommend using 7-Zip to browse because you can double click a text file and edit it without decompressing the archive itself.

Fix:
DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.2.pk3/actors/misc/SpecialBosses.txt
- Paste these two lines underneath RLUniqueBossSpawner's empty DoorpegOutpostCheck.
TNT1 A 0 ACS_NamedExecuteAlways("InOutpost", "HEYSTOPTHAT")
Goto SpawnLoop
Wonderful news! Thanks Sumwunn and GZDoom devs!
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

Can anyone tell me how to manually (via file editing) add a map to your available teleport locations from the HUB?
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

PM'd.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

DoomRPG player writes:
At the level of activated event "Megaboss". I returned to the Outpost and took a mission to kill a few demons (the revenants 25). As a result after each killed revenant the sound was played, there any phrase, I did not understand what he speaks, and still from them the huge heap of loot (as from the boss) fell. Had to reboot level
Fixed. A similar bug happened at one-monster, FeedingFrenzy, Overmind events – if they return to Outpost, and then run the map with the event again-the script did not work completely, and the event worked for half. Now everything works as it should

(Upd: all the same the bug was still present at the time of writing the post, added a couple of commits: 9c383c0, ea9902a from 01.12.2019)

DoomRPG player writes:
Aura the overcap comes after 14 minutes. Tip: don't pump AUG, which doubles the aura timer
Fixed.

Actually a lot of things are still fixed. From what I remember:

- adaptive difficulty is now more appropriately, has also been added to adjust the intensity of the appearance of more complex monsters depending on the number of maps passed (DoomRPG Options - > doomrla Monster Pack Options), the calculation is in WADs (1 WAD = 30 maps).

- now the intensity of the appearance of cool things in the mission rewards and crates depends on the level of the character and the level of luck;

- changed drop with boss and megaboss (added chance drop recipes and modpacks from DRLA, also there is chance drop weapons and armour from DRLA – see spoiler below);

– now drop the energy shields from boss depends on the level of luck, the shields in the list of possible drop is divided into ranges (see spoiler):
Spoiler:
- introduced a lower skill level threshold for monsters (at least 20% lower than the monster level). Now it is impossible to meet level 50 monsters with strength\endurance\defense 14 (for example), each monster will be a threat;

- introduced the dependence of the obtained experience with monsters (depends on the level of the monster);

- reworked formulas of damage dealt and defence monsters;

– reworked the formula rewards for the mission;

- reworked regen monsters, bosses and megaboss (now bosses at high levels restore health within reason);

- reworked aura actions;

- now dark-blue aura (regen ammo) not works in Outpost in peacetime (can be was restore ammos indefinitely);

- reworked the cost of all skills (summons, aura, etc);

- fixed the dependence of the cost of skills on the use of auras. There was an interesting bug: if you include an aura that should reduce the cost of skills, the actual cost of skills displayed is not true (since the very use of auras increases the cost);

– fixed minor bugs with the use of AUG;

- now the capacity of the battery AUG depends on the pumping of the corresponding branch (before the cost depended on the Capacity level);

- fixed event Environmental Hazard - now it is less tedious;

Download:

DoomRPG SE Rebalance 1.9c update (01.12.2019)

After installation, be sure to DoomRPG settings reset (Options -> DoomRPG Otions -> Reset to defaults).

A small request to players: if there is opportunity, am asking burn video playing process (YouTube was would is famously). In this case, it would be possible to track down a lot of things at high character levels (or maps) that need to be fixed (bugs or various balance things). Thanks!
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

I've got a weird problem. On my end, DoomRPG works perfectly fine. But when my brother tries to play the mod, with the same version of GZDoom and DoomRPG as me, he dies instantly upon starting a new game. Is there something I could be overlooking that is causing this? (like needing to reset to defaults or something)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”