[Not a bug] wallrunning?

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Ralphis

wallrunning?

Post by Ralphis »

I have trouble with wallrunning. It doesn't seem to work correctly in 2.0, but it worked fine in 1.23. Check it out maybe?
Kate
... in loving memory ...

Post by Kate »

You might want to check to see if it's on: go to the Options menu, and go to the Compatibility Options menu. You'll see an option for wallrunning there.

[ADDED]
OK, I just tried it now and it works as it should: you can wall run with the compatflag on, but you can't if it's off.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

IMHO it's amazing that it took 5 years to fix such an obvious bug. Are there actually any WADs that require it?
Ralphis

Post by Ralphis »

It's an often used dm trick and i think speed runners may use it as well
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I remember I once played a wad in which there was a long hallway that had a hole in the middle of it that i wasn't supposed to be able to cross, but I accidentally did wallrunning, and I made it over. I wasn't supposed to do this, but I did. Oops. Anyway, I like to leave wallrunning on, mainly for the speedrunning purpose, even though speedrunning is not something I'm good at. :(

[FUTURE-EDIT] I turned wallrunning off right about the time I realized I didn't actually use it.
Last edited by Xaser on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

Graf Zahl wrote:IMHO it's amazing that it took 5 years to fix such an obvious bug. Are there actually any WADs that require it?
I believe scythe has a few areas where you can wallrun to take a shortcut or get to a secret, but as far as being required for anything, I don't think so
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

As was mentioned earlier, it's a compatibility option now, since it interferes with fast-moving things.

Return to “Closed Bugs”