BlooM - DooM/Blood crossover

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheDrugod
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

BlooM - DooM/Blood crossover

Post by TheDrugod »

BlooM Team website: https://www.bloomteam666.com/
========================================================================================================================================
THE STORY SO FAR

Our story begins 10 years after the events of Doom II. Earth governments try to recompose the remnants of civilization after the war with demons.
Meanwhile Cabal co. remained latent, waiting for the right moment to be able to take over the old laboratories of the UAC. The goal of Cabal co.
is to build its own portal generator, for the sole purpose of not only bringing back all Cabal co. members who fell in combat against Caleb, but also Tchernobog himself.

Infiltrated in the abandoned installations of UAC, Cabal Co. tries to use their portal tech to bring back Tchernobog and all fallen soldiers and demons.
This time arcane magic and UAC tech wasn't enough, they not only opened again the Doors of Hell, in addition merged present time and the past in a whole same universe called the Void.
During the process of opening the portal, the Cabal's engineers detected an anomaly surely due to a bad adjustment of the collider.
This produced a space-time disturbance in which world from past times (Blood) merged with the present time (after Doom II).
And not only that! They also brought back to life all the acolytes of Cabal along with the demons of hell slaughtered by Doomguy.

The Cabal forces can't control the Icon of Sin and their demons, so they decided to use a variation of the portal now to mix members of Cabal with the Demons from Hell, summoning then unthinkable abominiums called Hybrids: fierce and strong as hell demons and so obedient and violent as a Cabal follower...

Luckily on this occasion Doomguy will not be alone, the fusion with the world of the past brought an ally, Caleb.
Together they will not only fight to destroy the demons and acolytes of Cabal, but also the secret weapon of Cabal, the hybrid creatures!
========================================================================================================================================

WHAT'S OUR AIM WITH THIS PROJECT?

Bloom is a project that merges Doom with Blood. Clearly BlooM takes its name from the fusion of the words BLOOD and DOOM.
Bloom's lore fits into the universes of the games Doom and Blood, story is situated between a temporary space during Blood events and 10 years after Doom II events.

These are our actual development rules, which may change in the future:
Spoiler:

FEATURES

- More than 30 kinds of the original monsters taken from blood/doom series!.
- +22 new hybrid monsters between doom and blood
- 20 weapons and guns of kimbo powerup!.
- Added all blood's enviroments elements.
- Added original Blood's textures and new ones.
- Compatible with latest versions of Gzdoom and Zandronum (Check compatiblity list).
- Fight against hybrid monster with the classic iwad maps or your custom maps.
- New whole episode (8 maps).
- BlooM adds traps and random events in original/classic maps.
- Compatible with DOOM II, ULTIMATE DOOM, FINAL DOOM and even SIGIL.

VIDEOS

SHOTS

CREDITS

Project concept by Drugod & Rolls, based on ZBlood and ZBloodX mods
Programming and Level Design by Drugod
Graphics Arts and Modelling by Rolls
Programming, Modelling and Quality Control by Ozymandias81
Music by Buio Mondo & Drugod

IvanDobrovski/Cruduxy for ZBlood
Marinelol for ZBloodX

Other resource taken from:

Colt and Single Barrel Shotgun taken from Blood Weapon Mod
Doom Models replacements mainly from TheMacGyverArchiver
Doom Voxels by Reikall (several)
Sgt Mark IV for some flats and general defs plus grenades system, adapted by Drugod
Special Effects by Tormentor667 and Ghastly_dragon from Realm667 website, adapted by Drugod and Ozymandias81
Antonivs for general support
Zdoom Forum, Zandronum and Realm667 for their infinite knowledgement and support

LINKS

Moddb https://www.moddb.com/mods/bloom-doomblood-crossover
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/bloomod/
Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/bloomteam666/
Websitehttps://www.bloomteam666.com/

Links to compatible sourceports
- GZDoom 3.7.2 or higher: https://zdoom.org/files/gzdoom/bin/gzdo ... -2-x64.zip
- Zandronum 2.8 or higher: https://zandronum.com/download
- LZDoom and QZDoom recent builds: https://zdoom.org/downloads

BLOOM OST
Do you like the OST of Bloom? Now you can listen it or buy it through the bandcamp of the band BUIO MONDO.
LISTEN BLOOM OST HERE

GET BLOOM DEMO FROM HERE
Last edited by TheDrugod on Tue May 05, 2020 2:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
skdursh

Re: BlooM - DooM/Blood crossover

Post by skdursh »

Those screens look epic. Looking forward to putting some time into this one.
memredi

Post by memredi »

epic
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting a huge amount from this. But damned if I'm not surprised and impressed! The environment design is astounding, and manages to do a lot more with a lot less than certain other eye-candy TCs.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Thanks a lot Kinsie, skdursh and dddxdu, there are still flaws to take care but we are happy to read feedbacks like these. Probably the fact that we want it working for Zandronum and not only GZDoom has prod the project in a limitless way codewise but also enough to satisfy different tastes. We'll see how things will develope, this week I'll take care of some known issues and community feedbacks and also work more on Blade of Agony, as usual from me.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Here's a quick amusing bug I spotted: Fish are weird.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

My favourite mod of the last months or even years. Just awesome.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I don't quite know what I was expecting, but this surpasses my ill-defined expectation. It is really well done. A ton of work has obviously gone into this. So many resources are neatly placed half way between Blood and Doom and the mapping is very impressive.

So refreshing to see a mod that actually has maps too. It seems to be becoming an increasingly rare thing these days.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Those trailers are just epic. I'm actually really looking forward to playing through some community wads with this! Great work!
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Voltcom9 wrote:Those trailers are just epic. I'm actually really looking forward to playing through some community wads with this! Great work!
This isn't just a weapons/monster mod, it's a total conversion with 8? maps.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Wow reading all these awesome feedbacks makes us only feel so proud... I did a huge amount of fixes today, unfortunately we have not been able in time to fix them before Halloween due to busy life. Simply check github repository, you will notice that the span of work is still long... Thanks a lot guys, we plan to release a big update soon, probably around Christmas.

In case you did some "let's play" anywhere, let us know and also we are in promotional phase and adding all sort of stuff in our official website. Plus playtests and gameplays are always welcome, you know that perfection is always around things I contribute, so the more the merrier!!! We DooM... Again!!
Rolls

Post by Rolls »

skdursh wrote:
Voltcom9 wrote:Those trailers are just epic. I'm actually really looking forward to playing through some community wads with this! Great work!
This isn't just a weapons/monster mod, it's a total conversion with 8? maps.
It´s a Total Conversion, the demo right now counts with 4 maps, but future versions will have the whole episode.
Anyway you still can play any iWAD or vanilla map combining it with BlooM :)

As Ozymandias81 said, it´s awesome to have this feedback! We´ll continue working on it and preparing a new version with new surprises :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Really nice, i wasn`t expecting it too. Forgive me if these sound like weird nitpicks, but here we go:

- Caleb single shotgun reload speed is kinda slow compared to sawn off.
- Doomguy's chaingun is way faster than vanilla. Intentional?
- Doomguy's chaingun ejects casings, but pistol dosen't. Intentional?
- Doomguy's grenade idle sprite is a little bit too much to the right compared with, say, Caleb's TNT.
- Caleb's ammo pickups could use some resizing to match doom ammo.

Will it be free someday to be ran with mods?
Will the monsters pack be released separately someday?
Was the Ultra-Crispy name a little nod to the mod of same name or just a nobrainer?

Loved the effort and fun put here, I am eager for more. =)
Rolls

Post by Rolls »

GAA1992 wrote:Really nice, i wasn`t expecting it too. Forgive me if these sound like weird nitpicks, but here we go:

- Caleb single shotgun reload speed is kinda slow compared to sawn off.
- Doomguy's chaingun is way faster than vanilla. Intentional?
- Doomguy's chaingun ejects casings, but pistol dosen't. Intentional?
- Doomguy's grenade idle sprite is a little bit too much to the right compared with, say, Caleb's TNT.
- Caleb's ammo pickups could use some resizing to match doom ammo.

Was the Ultra-Crispy name a little nod to the mod of same name or just a nobrainer?

Loved the effort and fun put here, I am eager for more. =)
Thanks for the feedback! We´ll be checking all those details for next version! :)

About the questions, I reply you here:

We are thinking about it, but we don´t have nothing planned yet, still a lot of work to do in the mod itself

Not sure about it. Right now Bloom already can play any iWAD or vanilla map with the hybrid bestiary on it. We feel that right now an only monster pack is not neccesary, but is something we could do in the future, once Bloom is finished

This was an hybridation between de difficult modes on Blood and Doom. In Blood, the equivalent to Ultraviolence was Extra Crispy, so we just mixed both difficulty names ending in Ultra-Crispy. Was not other mod related

Thanks for your support, and we´re happy that you enjoyed it!
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

I've been playing your mod a little bit and first and foremost I want to say that I think it looks absolutely stellar so far. The callbacks to old Doom and Blood levels with all the extras decorations and touches of the macabre is outstanding.

One thing I have been having an issue with is the jump boots. You're going to have to figure out some way to show to the player that certain places are or are not accessible because I've run across quite a few things so far where I should be able to reach certain areas with the jump boots but there is an invisible wall and it feels like, what's even the point of having the jump boots if you can't use them when you see places that you know you should be able to reach? Like the church near the end of the first map on the balcony where the chaingunner-hybrids spawn after triggering the piano and another one that really ticked me off was in the second map where you are supposed to find a way to "cross the abyss" and you should be able to make the jump with the jump boots and a running start, but you get shafted by an invisible wall and thrown to your death in the abyss. It just makes for frustrating gameplay, because it all becomes a game of trial and error, with deadly consequences that feel entirely undeserved. Anyway, besides that I love the new monster designs and their attack patterns, the balance feels good, the weapons feel right, the environment is just beautiful with all sorts of aesthetically pleasing decorations thoughtfully placed and I look forward to any updates and the full-release, whenever that may be.

Arch-Viles flame attack doesn't appear to actually work or do anything either. So it is no longer even remotely intimidating to come up against one.

One of other thing is you can break the second map by clicking around in the area where the button would be before the set of stairs (based on the original E1M1 of Doom) before being locked into the "trap" with the bars and lowered into the graveyard because you can click the button before it is actually revealed after going through the graveyard and coming back into the area with the stairs. It prevents one of the scripts from triggering that opens the courtyard door (or maybe it was relowering the bars? something like that, I hope this is descriptive enough.

I have been taking pictures of most of the major bugs/issues I've been coming across so I will update this post later with more information.
Last edited by skdursh on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”