The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tesculpture

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Post by Tesculpture »

Sorry, but I've found another bug; when your current weapon is TNT, and you pick up a barrel, then put it back down with the altfire key, you automatically cast your current spell as soon as the TNT weapon raises again - often setting off said barrel in the process. The other weapons don't have this issue.
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Sorry, also noted another bug with the TNT - The dynamite strat actually damages you. It's only a small amount when just stratted, but with the demoman patch active you take pretty much the full explosion to the face.

I do love the eyepatch tho, the sound of activation makes me giggle every time.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Bug found: when I tried loading it with Mikk's Episodic mod, the thing just up and crashes on launch.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

This is an issue with Episodic, not Guncaster. Try UAC for your episode continuation needs instead.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Fair enough. How do I change shopkeepers?
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

AvzinElkein wrote:Fair enough. How do I change shopkeepers?
There's a little icon with Nithor's face on the top right in the shop, use that button to disable/change shopkeepers.

Can I make a feature request? Not sure how easy/hard this would be to implement, but is it possible to allow us to bat away, block or reflect projectiles using the sword? That would be pretty cool.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Fureyon wrote:
There's a little icon with Nithor's face on the top right in the shop, use that button to disable/change shopkeepers.

Can I make a feature request? Not sure how easy/hard this would be to implement, but is it possible to allow us to bat away, block or reflect projectiles using the sword? That would be pretty cool.
I meant change from Nithor to Sabbatha (clicking Nithor's icon simply makes him disappear/reappear), the chaingun can gain an upgrade that lets it shoot down projectiles, and the powersuit's melee reflects projectiles.
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

Was the Emperor's Flame supposed to be always active once picked up, or toggle-able?
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Bug relating to the Brimstone; if you put it away with the Stratocaster left on, it assumes its non-strated appearance (with no glow round the edge) when you pull it out again until you swing it or toggle the strat. Strangely, this problem seems to go away if you use a berserk pack, but comes back if you cast a spell after berserk wears off.
Shzingidongalong

Post by Shzingidongalong »

So, something really really weird's been happening to me, it's happened twice now to be exact. I can sort of describe the occurrence itself. I can't tell what causes it, but I'll recount what happened the second time. I was playing Sunlust, with just Guncaster, and its addons, on map 29, and I was up against like three Cyberdemons standing next to each other. I started shooting at them, and then suddenly EVERYTHING out of no where comes, and instantly kills me, with the console filling up with errors. I don't have it recorded, I don't know if I can recreate it, but I did record a video of the console.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xr0ue4GhFc
That's the uh console. I don't know what led to this, but I can at least recount my conditions at the time. I was playing on Wyrm difficulty with jump, crouch, mouselook, unlimited ammo and inventory enabled. I had all the artifacts acquired, with the power armor, Draugh Suit, Voidwalker's Touch, Demoman's eyepatch, Mana Shield on, with Berserker powerup, Strats for Strucker, Matriarch, TNT, Mourning Glory, and Sandman on. I was turning to these three Cyberdemons with the Sandman Strat on, and was about to open fire before I spontaneously got annihilated by everything.
This has only happened to me twice now, and it was only until I updated to the latest version here that it has happened. I am pretty concerned about it, but those two times weren't in a row, thank god, nor were they in the same conditions, I think, but whatever's causing it, I hope can be fixable.

EDIT: I tried to pick up where I left off at, and it happened again under the same conditions. In fact, I caught it fixing to happen when I was using the Sandman, swapped weapons, and avoided it happening by doing that. And then when I swapped back to the Sandman in the same fight, it ended up happening anyway. So, it's something to do with the Sandman.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Shzingidongalong wrote:Very odd bug
According to expert in the field after I asked for explanation, entering NaN zone may involve an exemplay two things, citing: "trying to get sqrt of a negative number, using unit() on the 0 vector, or taking log of 0, orrr you get to inf if you speed up so hard, like, SO MUCH that you go out of bounds' bounds". As far as I know, Sandman doesn't do that nor hurls enemies around at lightning-fast VCR repair-speeds. Will see if we'll be able to nail that down.
Tesculpture wrote:Bug relating to the Brimstone; if you put it away with the Stratocaster left on, it assumes its non-strated appearance (with no glow round the edge) when you pull it out again until you swing it or toggle the strat. Strangely, this problem seems to go away if you use a berserk pack, but comes back if you cast a spell after berserk wears off.
I recall something like that being an issue but I'm pretty sure I fixed it already... weird. Will keep an eye out for it.
DemonbaneSol wrote:Was the Emperor's Flame supposed to be always active once picked up, or toggle-able?
Emperor's Breath, once picked up, is always on.
Fureyon wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:I meant change from Nithor to Sabbatha (clicking Nithor's icon simply makes him disappear/reappear)
You also need to have addon loaded alongside core GC file for that one to work.
Fureyon wrote:Can I make a feature request? Not sure how easy/hard this would be to implement, but is it possible to allow us to bat away, block or reflect projectiles using the sword? That would be pretty cool.
The blastwave strat does block the incoming fire, as of cleave doing that... I dunno! I think we even pondered that idea during development of it, but that'd require from Keks' to work his magic, and... to be honest, he's kinda fed up with dealing with this mod and gzdoom itself. I'd say aye to this idea, but first and foremost, modding should be a hobby within one's comfort zone, so unless he'll wanna tackle it, I'm afraid that's a nay.
baddude1337 wrote:Sorry, also noted another bug with the TNT - The dynamite strat actually damages you. It's only a small amount when just stratted, but with the demoman patch active you take pretty much the full explosion to the face.

I do love the eyepatch tho, the sound of activation makes me giggle every time.
Graahrhgjdhasg~ I thought I fixed that whole before pulling the update out, probably my fix got partially reverted during release phase. Will deal with it on my side.
AvzinElkein wrote:I assume the only way to get sword in Hexen is via the shop addon.
Yeah, I can't think of a place to put it into, most of the stuff is already occupied.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Suggestion: Since you start with fists the pistol in non-Hexen games but have to find the pistol in Hexen, you should instead start with fists and sword in Hexen.
Shzingidongalong

Post by Shzingidongalong »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwRWVDyADgU
Opened back up, and went to try and recreate the bug. It's five minutes, so it'll be a bit before the bug pops up, and finally puts me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvjAXJrySoU
Also, this happened along the way.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Shzingidongalong wrote:Opened back up, and went to try and recreate the bug. It's five minutes, so it'll be a bit before the bug pops up, and finally puts me down.
Also, this happened along the way.
Oh, that got fixed, just in case - took surprisingly way less headdesking than expected. I didn't plan on making yet another hotfix release, but since this is crashing the game or generally making it unplayable, I might drop another one soon enough.
Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Morgul »

I have a dream...
This dream is to see the "Cardinal" B.A.D.A.S.S Exosuit for the Dreadmaker's Form
No Slaughterwad could even compare to that kind of power (non that it's different with the Bishop or the Dreadmaker alone, but still...)
Not even Hell could restraint you at that level of power.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”