Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SiFi270

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Post by SiFi270 »

That's actually outdated. Their behavior wouldn't be completely accurate to the DeHackEd, but recently I've fixed that thanks to 3saster's converter.
Attachments
BloodFixer-AA.wad
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I wonder... How hard would be to implement this mod on Blade of Agony? Atm we are using a slightly tweaked version of Droplets, should this perform better @Nash? We use 3.7.2 zscript version btw
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

For some reason, the "squish" effect doesn't work in the latest official GZDoom release. There could be some conflicting actors or something since I've been using a combination of mods, but Just out of curiosity, is anyone else experiencing this?
40KN

Post by 40KN »

I noticed it occurring much less frequently in my recent playthrough, but I assumed that it was due to a compatibility issue with Heretic.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Also, the "NashGoreBloodSpotClassicCeiling" actors seem to be clipping into the ceiling thus becoming invisible to the player. Setting the ZOffset to -2.0 appears to be the solution to this.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

I got some crashes to desktop while running the Plutonia Experiment with this mod and Hideous Destructor. The only case where i could pinpoint the cause was on map15 - when you cross the linedef that crushes the hidden archviles, a crash happened. This crash did not happen without nashgore.

I also got some other crashes that i don't remember that well - however, i do remember a crash to desktop on map30 that happened after the icon of sin notices you. The crash would happen regardless of what you did on the map - it would just mysteriously occur after some time passed.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Could you make a bug report?
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

Loving the mod! Any chance it would be possible to implement a blood janitor option?
Nash

Post by Nash »

bisousbisous wrote:Loving the mod! Any chance it would be possible to implement a blood janitor option?
There are already 2 ways to immediately clear all gore objects (either click on it in the NashGore options menu, or bind it to a key; also in the same menu), and on top of that the mod defaults to cull old gore objects (also in the menu). What else did you have in mind?

------------------------------------

About the issues reported, and the pending open pull requests on Github: I know, I know. :( Just been really busy. Sorry!
mpcomp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by mpcomp »

Greetings Nash

This mod is truly an essential for any doom mod enthusiast that want high action gore on a potato machine. It's wonderful to see the mod being worked upon and supported to keep up with GZD updated environment. I am really enjoying the new gore effects however i am confused a little bit....

I have been using the mod ver 0.9 along with Colourfull hell and Mikk's champions mod and just like the images on page 1 that version adapted the gibbed effects and blood color according to the monster's body color . Unfortunately after using version 1.0 I have observed that the blood , for most part is red , ..... yes in FAQ it is stated that no custom color for monsters is implemented for mod's universal application but is there anyway (patch) for this mod latest version to adapt the blood color with either mikk's champion or colourfull hell (or both) ?!!

Any response to this query would be highly appreciated .

Peace & regards
mpcomp
Nash

Post by Nash »

@mpcomp - I will look into this. What do I have to do? Just load Colourful Hell, Champions, and Nashgore, correct?
mpcomp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by mpcomp »

Greetings Nash sir

UPDATE: Thank You very much for instantaneous response Nash sir ....

I have just downloaded and started using the Github version ....

I am using both Colourfullhell and Mikk's champion v2.5 together ....

most of the time the effects are red (blood type: default -- in nashgore options) but sometimes (rarely) for some monster (randomly) it adapted the correct custom color ....

regarding my load order here is what I am using in ZDL launcher currently follows this template...

--

your map here [ultimate doom 2 maps (i am using currently) , maps of chaos etc ]

your music here [doom metal v2]

your weapon mod and addon(if any) here [russian overkill v2.5 ]

colour full hell v97cccc
mik champions v2.5

target-spy v1.11

damnnums v1.0.2

nashgore mod (currently github version)

--

I hope this information assists you in troubleshooting the problem . Thank you again.

Peace & regards
mpcomp

=======

UPDATE [23/NOV/2019] : Just reinstalled GZDoom and restored my files on 20 Nov 2019 due to a fatal RAM error . Using NashGore file From Git hub . Current weapon mods used Trailblazer, Russian Overkill 2.5 and Guncaster 3.5 along with Colourfull Hell and Mikk's Chamipons 2.5 for monster randomizer..... I am happy to report the Github version of mod has been working as intended with all the custom colour for blood pools and wall splatter as well as bullet spray shower ... the only previous effect missing is the stretched flesh if the closing door gibb's the corpse.
Last edited by mpcomp on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
TaporGaming
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by TaporGaming »

Is also works in LZDoom?
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

Yes, it does. However, some of the effects don't work and you may or may not experience crashes.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

While I was working on adding this to WolfenDoom, I experienced an issue where blood pools from enemy corpses would block polyobject doors. I fixed this by setting -SOLID and +SPECIAL on NashGoreCorpseBlood, and replacing CanCollideWith with Touch.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”