LILA-DOOM - A gameplay mod for GZDoom (latest stable)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lila Feuer

Re: LILA-DOOM - A gameplay mod for GZDoom (latest stable)

Post by Lila Feuer »

Hello, there was a beefy update in the works for the past week and a half, here's what's changed:
1. Mod renamed from CYAN-DOOM to LILA-DOOM (was originally called DOOM PLUS at launch).
2. Improved Oil Drum reaction time (faster now). Thanks STShotgun.
3. Higher quality EP1 PSX music (was lower bitrate before). Thanks STShotgun.
4. New Nightmare Imp appearance (akin to its Doom Beastiary appearance back in the day).
5. Nightmare Imp's phasing effect added to the Nightmare Cacodemon and Nightmare Baron.
6. Rifle damage restored from 8 to 10, rate of fire slightly reduced from before.
7. Zombieman Rifle damage restored from 8 to 10, rate of fire matches player's Rifle.
8. Zombieman fires in two-round bursts again instead of three.
9. Improved Minigun graphics, renamed to Super Chaingun.
10. Super Chaingun fires three shots a burst instead of four, uses Shotgun sound.
11. Muzzle flash added to Railgun, decreased reload time a little.
12. Slightly reduced fire rate for the BFG10K.
13. Increased BFG10K's shot damage.
14. Restored original Super Shotgun sound, altered reload sounds.
15. Barrels and Oil Drums are pushable.
16. Oil Drum flame duration shortened (too long before).
17. Recolored titlepic to reflect mod renaming (purple).
18. Added startup title banner for LILA-DOOM (black text and violet background).
19. Daedabus's health reduced from 800 to 700.
20. Nerfed the Daedabus's projectile detonation via splash damage reduction by half.
21. Hell Knight's shield duration is reduced to allow for more mobility.
22. Increased pain chance of Hell Knight so it uses its shield more (chance equiv to Caco).
23. Fixed the melee radius of the Hell Knight (it was attacking twice in a row).
24. Cybruiser's health reduced from 1200 to 1000.
25. Raise state added to Cybruiser (it was missing one before).
26. Psychic Soul's health reduced from 70 to 60 (same as modified Lost Soul).
27. Psychic Soul will not infight with other monsters.
28. Replaced the Shadow with the Melee Revenant (uses Death Incarnate's resurrection).
29. Replaced the Death Incarnate with the Ghoul (Doom RPG Revenant variant).
30. Demonic Sentry uses A_WolfAttack instead of A_CustomBulletAttack.
31. Blood Elemental releases the Hades Sphere from the cut Death Incarnate when it dies.
32. Blood Elemental has a teleportation ability (compliments Hades Sphere's phasing).
33. Diabloist's HP reduced from 900 to 700 (same as normal Archvile).
34. Diabloist's floorhugger attack trails a modified BarrelFlames from the Oil Drum.
35. Nerfed Diabloist's floorhugger attack (removed a redundant A_Explode).
36. Replaced the Skulltag Grenade Launcher with the KDiZD version (reloads after a shot).
37. Reduced the damage radius of the Grenade Launcher's projectile (it was too big before).
38. Speed of Grenade Launcher projectile increased a bit.
39. Added Hazmat Suit to a RadSuit spawner (high fire/cold/poison resistance when active).
40. Fixed broken GL lights for modified ShotgunGuy and ChaingunGuy (they didn't inherit).
41. Updated GLDEFS, now skies will cast light around structures.
42. Updated brightmaps for textures and flats to a more recent version (brightmaps_plus16).
43. Updated blood spray to a nicer one and added simple gore via xdeaths from Hard-Doom.
44. Reinstated SpriteShadow.
45. Converted some PNGed graphics to the palette.
46. Increased the saturation of the red and altered the blue a little in the palette.
47. Replaced SKY1 and Computer Map graphics.
48. Optimized, balanced and improved the Guardsphere and Red Armor's resistances.
49. Updated the Manual.
Silverlambda
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Silverlambda »

Hey i have a problem when i download it {You don't have permission to access /brad/Backup/LILA-DOOM.7z on this server.}
Lila Feuer

Post by Lila Feuer »

Silverlambda wrote:Hey i have a problem when i download it {You don't have permission to access /brad/Backup/LILA-DOOM.7z on this server.}
Are you using Firefox or a VPN?
Lila Feuer

Post by Lila Feuer »

I should mention that I have rolled out a hotfix today addressing two very minor things that don't necessitate immediate re-download if you're already in progress playing a game, but you should be aware of:
Rifle's muzzle flash was changed to the traditional Doom style one to be more visually consistent with the other bullet weapons. Credit to CARRiON.
Railgun's reload sequence actually has sounds (re-used Grenade Launcher's) as the lack of audio before was really bugging me and I'd forgotten to do this.

Post by Newbie »

The skull weapon projectile has no brightmap. Is this intended? If so, carry on. Nice mod
Lila Feuer

Post by Lila Feuer »

Newbie wrote:The skull weapon projectile has no brightmap. Is this intended? If so, carry on. Nice mod
Yes it is intended, sadly not everything had come with brightmaps that I used and it bugged me enough in a couple of monster's cases that I made brightmaps for them myself (the Nightmare Imp and old Hell Warrior). So I had to get creative with some other stuff, like the 'Unmaker' projectile being 'self-lighting' as it doesn't have dynamic lights, to give it a more otherworldly mystique to it. I also removed the dynamic light from the Lost Soul so their brightmaps always showed, and so they couldn't be seen from behind a wall if a monster closet was triggered shortly.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Skullrod was my favorite weapon :)

i like it btw
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Is it normal at the beginning of the stages to have a Revenant stalking us or is it a bug? Kills and he always comes back.
Lila Feuer

Post by Lila Feuer »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:Is it normal at the beginning of the stages to have a Revenant stalking us or is it a bug? Kills and he always comes back.
That's intended, there's two special actor spawns based on specific decorative props. And yes, he sometimes comes back, but not always.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

So it should not be a bug because in lower difficulties it does not appear, thanks for taking my doubt.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”