MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Post by PlayerLin »

While using web version control system is nice idea too, but I still suggest at least still doing offline backups, in case if you have any of Internet connection problems(both your side and the hosting sites) to prevent those problems stopped let you accessing your files.

And no body would stopped you if you want multiple copies of offline backup/online backup/version control system hostings. :P
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

ARCHITECTURE IN THE MOD

Good news, damage has ben repaired and now im onto doing the seventh map, and including the mini-bosses I planned on introducing. The seventh map will be something different from the others, and it will contain more cutscenes than the other maps, because it will reveal more lore than the other maps. Meanwhile, I present an infographic about the three main styles of architecture you'll see in the mod:
gennoveus

Post by gennoveus »

WojtTheDoomer wrote:Good news, damage has ben repaired and now im onto doing the seventh map, and including the mini-bosses I planned on introducing. The seventh map will be something different from the others, and it will contain more cutscenes than the other maps, because it will reveal more lore than the other maps.
Excellent to see you recover so quickly! The style looks fantastic.
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

I finally managed to realize how to make really dense jungles! Sometimes you'll have to traverse jungles like this - they're very deep, so you can only move on paths so the player won't get lost.

Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Hey, that looks awesome. I'll be doing something... Similar (no spoilers) but I would like to see how you've done this. Always struggled with organic environments. Good work.
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

Vostyok wrote:Hey, that looks awesome. I'll be doing something... Similar (no spoilers) but I would like to see how you've done this. Always struggled with organic environments. Good work.
I used the jungle plants from Knee Deep in The Jungle, and used sector_setfade for the fog, for the dense tree canopy, it's simply a leaf texture on the ceiling, with the illusion supported by vine and branch textures, and large "trunks" made from walls. I had a lot of fun doing this part.
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

I want to make this mod's enviroment as varied as possible - first two levels take place during the day, the third takes place when the sun is going down, next two during night, and the one im working on now takes place early in the morning.

However, don't expect any happy, sunny morning with birds chirping around - fog is everywhere, and it's still quite dark.

WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

New info! I am going to add more NOTES to the mod. Why? The mod will have a far richer lore than the V.1. Version, so expect +20 new Notes to appear in all levels, written by various characters, from scientists, to Pica himself, slowly uncovering the backstory, and giving you hints on secrets...
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

This looks really good I can't wait to play it. I love night levels!
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

The seventh map is almost finished, only got three to go, and the mod will be able to be released!
Zan

Post by Zan »

Looks great, can't wait for it to come out!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

What software are you using the edit your wads? Most of the more recent ones keeps 3-4 back-ups whenever you save. You might have a back-up in your Doom folder.
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

The last three maps are being worked on constantly - the eight map is around 50% done already, and it might be my best one yet!
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Do you intend to have this project completed before the end of the year or would you say that sometime in 2020 is more likely? I like to set reminders for myself to check back on certain mods that I think look interesting so that I don't forget about or miss out on them.
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

skdursh wrote:Do you intend to have this project completed before the end of the year or would you say that sometime in 2020 is more likely? I like to set reminders for myself to check back on certain mods that I think look interesting so that I don't forget about or miss out on them.
If i'll be going as fast as I do now, the mod should be finished before August 2020.

Meanwhile, here's the newest map im working on so far:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”