Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gideon020

Re: Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Post by Gideon020 »

Has anyone noticed that the enemies don't drop ammo? Because it would be nice if the enemies actually dropped ammo.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

This mod has a lot of flaws that keep it from being good:

1. Too many redundant weapons. I love having lots of weapons to play around with, but even this is too much. Not to mention most of them feel unsatisfying to use and all act the same.

2. Too many bullet sponges that dish out too much damage. I get you're trying to replicate DN3D in Doom, but it can make maps completely unplayable (especially the beginning levels where you only have a pistol).

3. Not enough health or ammo. You certainly don't feel like a badass trying to scavenge up enough ammo to deal with the 9000 pig cops and other unfairly balanced enemies in each level.

4. For some reason, the game looks a lot more grey than vanilla Doom. I certainly don't remember DN3D being this colorless.
mutator

Post by mutator »

i love the mod alot, in duke nukem forever your health gets regenerated, is it possible to put that in this mod too?
eyesoftheworld94

Post by eyesoftheworld94 »

Have you thought about remaking the episodes from Duke Nukem 3D for a full-on remake in the GZDoom Engine?
Xim

Post by Xim »

eyesoftheworld94 wrote:Have you thought about remaking the episodes from Duke Nukem 3D for a full-on remake in the GZDoom Engine?
Doing stuff like that might trigger a cease and desist. I think the 1st episode might have been released as shareware though.
delroku

Post by delroku »

Valherran wrote:I
5. A small list of weapons that should get replaced:
Pistols > Blacktail (maybe bind a dual wield key for both as well)
Shotgun > Assault Shotgun
Chaingun Cannon > Minigun

Overall, pretty good release, hope to see more.
Noooooo don't replace weapons pls
In fact I came here just to see if there was any hope for the dual MP5s the heat seeker rocket launcher and the Grenade launcher from Duke Nukem 64 to make it into the game
Then it would be the best Duke Nukem mod maybe ever
It might sound like the rant of a dumb not yet modder but imo the more guns there are the best, like the AMC team mod it's got so many useless weapons that are almost the same but with different stats, and it's so fun.
There's also all those Duke Nukem Forever weapons from the 2001 that would be cool additions, plus I think there were another cool ones in the non fps games.

Aside from that great mod, it's like on my list of mods Imma regularly check for updates.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Uh, is this you https://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-3 ... ents-fixes or did someone just steal your mod and reupload it?
Replicauk

Post by Replicauk »

Hi Mr.Ramon,

I am a person that plays Duke Nukem 3D allot, the Atomic Version, and I tried your MOD which looks very exciting.

So what I did was I converted a Duke Nukem 3D Map to Doom 2 format called IOD2 with success using your MOD loaded with the level I converted along with 4 more maps: Karnage7, danzg_66, 1osiris32, Red Light District, mainly for some Dukematch/Deathmatch fun.

I did modify the MOD giving you credits of course, as it's all your work, just for the game server that I run it on to try balance out the weapon damage to make it more like the Duke Nukem 3D Atomic, which seems to be working ok.
I also tried to remove the Earthquake explosive weapons are doing from the RPG, but I still have not removed the Earthquake effect from the Devastator.

Maybe you could help with that?

Also I can't seem to figure out yet, how to increase the amount of damage you take if you hurt yourself with something such as the RPG without effecting the damage of the actual weapon when it hurts others.

It's a very decent MOD, probably the closest MOD I have seen to being near complete to match Duke Nukem 3D, even though it's hard to be 100% but it comes pretty close, and the strafing in the air isn't like in Duke but it's still very playable online!

Another issue I was having when trying to make it allot like the original game Duke Nukem 3D was, when you use items such as Steroids on Deathmatch, when they are still active and you pick up a new Steroids item, it doesn't switch off and continues to use the item you just picked up instead of keeping it at 100% until you use it again it sets it to 100% but it's still using it instead of turning off first.

The other thing I noticed was the Jetpack seems a bit delayed when turning it off and on, when in the original game of Duke Nukem 3D, it doesn't have a delay or such.

Also not that it matters to much but I think you can duck while flying!

Then not sure on this one but, Laser Trips can be placed on the ground, but you could not do that in the original game, which I think was just a side effect from building the MOD and engine maybe.

Overall great job!
Last edited by Replicauk on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

you did a great job

but these are my issues :
1. the enemies are bullet sponges .. sure they were in the original game too but thats not a good thing

2. they dont drop ammo .. so most of the time i am running empty
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

didnt you have a regen + mod in this? where is that now?
payayoe

Post by payayoe »

To anyone having issues with ammo drops:
On gzdoom go to gameplay option > drop weapons "on"
seems to make the pig cops occasionally drop an actual shotgun.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

payayoe wrote:To anyone having issues with ammo drops:
That shouldn't be affecting the mod - that flag causes players to drop weapons in multiplayer modes.
payayoe

Post by payayoe »

wildweasel wrote:
payayoe wrote:To anyone having issues with ammo drops:
That shouldn't be affecting the mod - that flag causes players to drop weapons in multiplayer modes.
Oh whoops, my bad. I immediately saw a pig cop drop a shotgun after I turned that option on, must be a total coincidence then.

It's fun spamming laser tripbombs on monster traps, but I wish I don't have to press 6 twice to get to the pipebomb.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

TheSuperSteve wrote:This looks absolutely fantastic. Took it out for a spin, and I'm thrilled to finally have a fully featured Duke mod for Doom that fully works. Was that the Quad Shotgun from Duke GBA? I loudly went like "holy crap" when I saw it. I love Duke GBA. The shrink ray actually works as well, unlike that other Duke mod.

That said, I do think the mod is a bit unbalanced for Doom gameplay. Enemies don't drop ammo all the time, which is the default Duke 3D behavior. This doesn't work in Doom because of the way maps are designed knowing that zombiemen, shotgunguys, and chaingunguys always drop ammo. The result was that I often found myself with little to no ammo. Just kicking things to death, most of the time. So this should be fixed.

I also noticed some enemies deal tons of damage. I'm not sure if the difficulty setting changes the damage output of the enemies or something, but I was playing on "Damn I'm Good" thinking it was the equivalent of UV.
The shrink Ray does work in Zandromum. It's in GZ that it doesn't work.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Assassin of Purity wrote:
TheSuperSteve wrote:This looks absolutely fantastic. Took it out for a spin, and I'm thrilled to finally have a fully featured Duke mod for Doom that fully works. Was that the Quad Shotgun from Duke GBA? I loudly went like "holy crap" when I saw it. I love Duke GBA. The shrink ray actually works as well, unlike that other Duke mod.

That said, I do think the mod is a bit unbalanced for Doom gameplay. Enemies don't drop ammo all the time, which is the default Duke 3D behavior. This doesn't work in Doom because of the way maps are designed knowing that zombiemen, shotgunguys, and chaingunguys always drop ammo. The result was that I often found myself with little to no ammo. Just kicking things to death, most of the time. So this should be fixed.

I also noticed some enemies deal tons of damage. I'm not sure if the difficulty setting changes the damage output of the enemies or something, but I was playing on "Damn I'm Good" thinking it was the equivalent of UV.
The shrink Ray does work in Zandromum. It's in GZ that it doesn't work.
What exactly does not work when you use the shrink ray in GZ? What error does it throw up?
It seems a bit barren to bump a topic just for that. Please, give some specifics.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”