NOTAUTOAIMED flag

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Sunbeam

NOTAUTOAIMED flag

Post by Sunbeam »

I just added this flag to an object. Also I'm using

Code: Select all

SetActivator(0, AAPTR_PLAYER_GETTARGET)
in a player script when pointing at that object. This works without the flag but stops working with the flag set. The player's autoaim setting does not seem to matter. Is this the intended behaviour?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: NOTAUTOAIMED flag

Post by Rachael »

Please don't necro old suggestion threads to ask for help.

Moved this to the right forum, which is actually designed to get you the help you are looking for.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

Thank you. However I used the old thread because it might have been relevant if this was not the intended behaviour.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Sunbeam wrote:Is this the intended behaviour?
I don't have an answer for that, I'm afraid. But in short, here's what's going on with the flag: the engine completely ignores actors with that flag when scanning for an aim-able actor. The used method of aiming (auto or manual) is irrelevant. That's why SetActivator does nothing in that case, as it couldn't find an aim-able actor.
However I used the old thread because it might have been relevant if this was not the intended behaviour.
In such a case, you'd still need to create a bug report, not bump the old thread.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

Blue Shadow wrote:the engine completely ignores actors with that flag when scanning for an aim-able actor. The used method of aiming (auto or manual) is irrelevant. That's why SetActivator does nothing in that case, as it couldn't find an aim-able actor.
Thanks for the clarification. Do you know any other way to get the actor under the player's crosshair?
Blue Shadow wrote:In such a case, you'd still need to create a bug report, not bump the old thread.
Yes. However only if it was actually a bug.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Sunbeam wrote:Yes. However only if it was actually a bug.
Better to report something that's not actually a bug, than not report something that actually might be.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Sunbeam wrote:Do you know any other way to get the actor under the player's crosshair?
Try [wiki]PickActor[/wiki], and see if it suits your needs. It does things differently to SetActivator in-terms of the whole getting an aim-able actor thing.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

Blue Shadow wrote:Try [wiki]PickActor[/wiki], and see if it suits your needs. It does things differently to SetActivator in-terms of the whole getting an aim-able actor thing.
Thanks! Sounds good. I will give it a try. :)

Return to “Scripting”