DOOM Tribute Project (ALT SOUNDTRACK AVAILABLE)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DOOM Tribute Project (ALT SOUNDTRACK AVAILABLE)

Postby Alando1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Hello all! Sorry, I've been away from my computer for a bit.

@Solus - Thank you :) I'm glad you've enjoyed the wad. In the future, I will try and do some updates on The DOOM Tribute Project. As I have mentioned, I can't guarantee the wad will be Brutal Doom compatible, however, it is possible to make it compatible with other weapon wads. When I eventually have the time, I'll revisit the project. If you'd like to check out other works of mine, I highly recommend my Temple of the Lizard Men series.

@Dr. Shotgun - With all these different versions of ZDoom or GZDoom, it's really hit or miss if it works. The port I used was GZDoom 1.8.2. The DOOM Tribute Project should be compatible with Zandronum, too.

@TheDoomGuy - Thank you :) I'm glad you've enjoyed the wad.

@Droober - You're welcome :) I'm glad you've enjoyed the wad. It's really cool you would like to be involved with making Doom levels. I remember making my very first level back in 2004. All it takes is passion, motivation, and an imagination to bring a level to life. Also, welcome to the Doom Community :)

-Alando1
Alando1

Postby SLON » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Alando1 wrote:Monster Condo from Doom 2, the Mansion technically was a simplified version of it

Yes, but it lacks the most important part. Libraries with traps.
SLON

Postby drfrag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:41 am

Dr. Shotgun wrote:Despite the text file saying zdoom 2.7 and up should work, I can confirm that it doesn't.

Does it run with LZDoom at least?
Edit: it does. What about GZDoom?
drfrag
I.R developer, I.R smart
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Postby BoJustBo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:05 pm

Just beat this and I thought it was really good.
It was kindof what I wanted from Knee Deep in ZDoom, not that KDiZD was bad or anything, but I like my Dooms action filled, not pitch black horror games.
I also liked how you made a lot of things look more realistic without having it sacrifice gameplay much, usually not at all.
And most of all I really enjoy the lack of Plutonia style traps and other cheap deaths.
BoJustBo

Postby Dr. Shotgun » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:08 pm

drfrag wrote:
Dr. Shotgun wrote:Despite the text file saying zdoom 2.7 and up should work, I can confirm that it doesn't.

Sorry about the bump but I've been without computer access for two months.

Anyway, I can't test it with GZDoom.
Dr. Shotgun

Postby Mech » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:29 am

drfrag wrote:

It does work with GZdoom, at least 2.4.0.
Mech

Discord: Mech#0603
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 32-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Previous

Return to Levels