IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ichor

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFI

Post by Ichor »

I didn't edit anything. I downloaded the lite version and put it and GZDoom and the Heretic iwad in a new folder and ran the bat file. Now as for the GZDoom version, that would be gzdoom-x64-g4.3pre-72-g31ebeaf83, which was downloaded about a month ago. I thought maybe I needed the patch, so I got that and threw it in the folder as well. No change.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFI

Post by irontusk341 »

Ichor wrote:I didn't edit anything. I downloaded the lite version and put it and GZDoom and the Heretic iwad in a new folder and ran the bat file. Now as for the GZDoom version, that would be gzdoom-x64-g4.3pre-72-g31ebeaf83, which was downloaded about a month ago. I thought maybe I needed the patch, so I got that and threw it in the folder as well. No change.
i am still cant duplicate your problem, its the first issue to ever come up in the 2 years since beta. even after redownloading the files and installing on a separate (and older) laptop, i did notice what you posted for Gzdoom version... i know diablo 3D works on Gzdoom 4.2.1.
irontusk341

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.0.0: Complete Game + Patch

Post by irontusk341 »

A New Patch has been uploaded... Version 1.0.0, Special thanks to anjinsanroland for finding all the squishy bugs. And for those of you who have had trouble switching weapons back to your melee weapon.. That bug has been banished back to the burning hells, you can switch to melee again.. Hammer of retribution has been given a long awaited buff. i removed dead weight like the oculus (it sucked anyway), and the laggy gatekeeper(replaced him with a powerful enemy who's name might make you chuckle.. especially if you're an EmperorTigerstar Fan.... Just extract the patch to replace the old files and presto. See the Readme 1.0.0 notes for more changes.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Congratulations for the 1.0.0 release :)

Do you recommend your version of Wrath of Cronos to be used in other iwads or is it specifically adjusted for diablo3d?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:Congratulations for the 1.0.0 release :)

Do you recommend your version of Wrath of Cronos to be used in other iwads or is it specifically adjusted for diablo3d?
Technically Yes, it can be used in other iwads.
Toyoch

Post by Toyoch »

I was playing as Paladin in 1.0.0 and found Wraithverge in Act 2, but the weapon didn't show up(weapon 4 is still locked) after picking them up, and even using weapon cheat trying to obtain them(I got other weapon 4's, but no Wraithverge there).

Is that intended or a bug?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Toyoch wrote:I was playing as Paladin in 1.0.0 and found Wraithverge in Act 2, but the weapon didn't show up(weapon 4 is still locked) after picking them up, and even using weapon cheat trying to obtain them(I got other weapon 4's, but no Wraithverge there).

Is that intended or a bug?
Yes, Because in the base Heretic engine, weapon 4, replaces the fire mace which has a 50/50 chance to spawn, dont worry though, it can respawn in later levels..
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

Is it intentional that a group of monsters from Heretic keeps spawning at certain point of the map? (Mummies, Ghosts, Gargoyles and Sabreclaws) It makes the game unplayable sometimes... especially in the first levels.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

GoldenGuard95 wrote:Is it intentional that a group of monsters from Heretic keeps spawning at certain point of the map? (Mummies, Ghosts, Gargoyles and Sabreclaws) It makes the game unplayable sometimes... especially in the first levels.
keeps spawning? strange... anywho the only way a monster sprite keeps spawning is if a setting in Gzdoom is enabled such as (options > Gameplay > Monster Respawn (is set to yes)...

Now older versions of this mod (like pre 0.2.5) had Heretic sprites throughout the maps...

Other than that... The only time Heretic monsters SHOULD appear in the game is IF you enter super hidden rooms where essences are dropped by super uniques guarded by original heretic monsters (that part is intentional for not only legal reasons, but also as a nod to the original game)
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

I dont have monster respawn set on, and i didnt enter any super secret rooms.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

GoldenGuard95 wrote:I dont have monster respawn set on, and i didnt enter any super secret rooms.
then you should update to 1.0.0. (delete the entire mod, and redownload the full version then the 1.0.0. patch.)

very old versions of this mod contain heretic monsters spawning normally. they were gone by 2.5, and only selectively set in super secret areas as easter eggs in 4.3
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello Irontusk hope you are good.

Can I ask, do you have any old versions of Diablo3D? The reason we ask is because were trying to load up the mod with OpenDoomVR and I believe the version of GZDoom the VR mod is based on is 3.2.0

I can load Diablo3D with Vorpx but its not a good experience.

It would be absolutely epic if we could get an older version running with the VR mod.

I'm trying to figure out a way to update the VR mod with a more recent version of GZDoom, well I can try anyway.

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

ZDL_800 wrote:Hello Irontusk hope you are good.

Can I ask, do you have any old versions of Diablo3D? The reason we ask is because were trying to load up the mod with OpenDoomVR and I believe the version of GZDoom the VR mod is based on is 3.2.0

I can load Diablo3D with Vorpx but its not a good experience.

It would be absolutely epic if we could get an older version running with the VR mod.

I'm trying to figure out a way to update the VR mod with a more recent version of GZDoom, well I can try anyway.

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.
let me check the patch notes. but off the top of my head i think version 2.5 can play on gzdoom 2.2, i think 3.0 and on is compatible with gzdoom 3.4 and higher.

im not sure if i still have the older versions however.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the reply Irontusk.

Would be epic if you found an old version just to test out the VR mod, hopefully it maybe updated to a more recent version of GZDoom, that would be even more epic!

Diablo3d was on the top of the list for VR, so sorry for asking for an old version.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

ZDL_800 wrote:Thanks for the reply Irontusk.

Would be epic if you found an old version just to test out the VR mod, hopefully it maybe updated to a more recent version of GZDoom, that would be even more epic!

Diablo3d was on the top of the list for VR, so sorry for asking for an old version.
i think i found somethign worth trying... Version 0.1.0 (old 1.0) i renamed it "Classic" possibly using WOC 2.0 instead of 2D2 might also help make the classic run on VR (or it may not be needed).

unfortunately the classic version does not contain town hubs but it still has the merchant which can be found in game.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0dfn6r2g ... c.zip/file

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”