IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFI

Post by irontusk341 »

q3cpma wrote:Okay, found what's wrong. Replacing "-iwad diablo" with "-iwad Diablo.WAD" did the trick; the problem of [censored word] case insensitive filesystems.

Well at least we know for sure it works on Linux systems. by renaming the .bat extension to .sh

I wonder if anyone tried it on a mac yet..
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

This looks impressive. I ought to give it a shot.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

I am still playing version 4.1 to conclude my previous necromancer run.

The following bugs have not been mentioned on changelog so I will share them:
  • e3m4 did not end by using the endgame trigger but by hitting it
  • e3m6 there are some transparent walls before monsters that will ambush
  • e3m6 there is an unknown object.
  • e4m2 two unknown objects.
  • e4m3 in two of the houses one unknown object each
  • e2m3 items on the tomb before yellow key can only be taken by jumping
  • Episode 6 town portals teleport you to a lower than floor level location and therefore character gets stuck
Not a bug:
  • volume of music doubles after episode 1
Don't know if intentional:
  • New weapons hurt pets
  • No merchant in Harrogath therefore no need to teleport which makes it much more exiting and tense
Questions:
  • Why is a config.cfg in the patch rar?
  • How do I get topaz rune in frigid highlands(e6m1)? There seems no trigger to lower the platform on which the rune is standing
My subjective experience in 4.1 with xp multiplier set to 0.1 trying necromancer/conjurer with wisdom 20 on inferno difficulty:
  • My character level
  • 10 at end of e1
  • 16 at end of e2
  • 23 at end of e3
  • 34 at end of e4
    still playing e5...
    Regarding difficulty and balance:
  • Since WoC gets harder as low hp gain classes get leveled up, playing a moderately leveled necromancer keeps it balanced.
  • Stat giving apples are more valuable at these levels.
  • Having many skill points is not neccessary when only playing with 4 active summon skills.
  • New weapons hurt pets but very powerful against bosses when having a hundred intellect
  • There is no monster immune to necromancer specific blood weapons
  • e5(diablo2 act 4) is so hard for a squishy class, so having lots of icons of defender is neccessary. Having more than two hundred charisma here helped a lot
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:I am still playing version 4.1 to conclude my previous necromancer run.

The following bugs have not been mentioned on changelog so I will share them:
  • e3m4 did not end by using the endgame trigger but by hitting it
  • e3m6 there are some transparent walls before monsters that will ambush
  • e3m6 there is an unknown object.
  • e4m2 two unknown objects.
  • e4m3 in two of the houses one unknown object each
  • e2m3 items on the tomb before yellow key can only be taken by jumping
  • Episode 6 town portals teleport you to a lower than floor level location and therefore character gets stuck
Not a bug:
  • volume of music doubles after episode 1
Don't know if intentional:
  • New weapons hurt pets
  • No merchant in Harrogath therefore no need to teleport which makes it much more exiting and tense
Questions:
  • Why is a config.cfg in the patch rar?
  • How do I get topaz rune in frigid highlands(e6m1)? There seems no trigger to lower the platform on which the rune is standing
My subjective experience in 4.1 with xp multiplier set to 0.1 trying necromancer/conjurer with wisdom 20 on inferno difficulty:
  • My character level
  • 10 at end of e1
  • 16 at end of e2
  • 23 at end of e3
  • 34 at end of e4
    still playing e5...
    Regarding difficulty and balance:
  • Since WoC gets harder as low hp gain classes get leveled up, playing a moderately leveled necromancer keeps it balanced.
  • Stat giving apples are more valuable at these levels.
  • Having many skill points is not neccessary when only playing with 4 active summon skills.
  • New weapons hurt pets but very powerful against bosses when having a hundred intellect
  • There is no monster immune to necromancer specific blood weapons
  • e5(diablo2 act 4) is so hard for a squishy class, so having lots of icons of defender is neccessary. Having more than two hundred charisma here helped a lot

Thanks for finding them, I’ll look into these. My goal is to make this as polished as possible.

EDIT: Yeah E3M4 i based on the alter in the Claw viper temple of diablo 2, hitting it in diablo 2 destroyed the altar, so i thought using G1 Exit trigger to simulate you destroying the altar from diablo 2.
Last edited by irontusk341 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

In e6m2 there is a switch in one of the corner areas that does nothing. It doesn't have a trigger line.
A switch near the long stairs cannot be triggered either but it has a trigger line.
The door at the bottom of the long stairs does not open as a result.

Edit1: In e6m6 there is no sapphire rune to be found to unlock too last door. Even using the automap show keys cheat I couldn't see one.
After noclipping my way out, end-of-map screen came. There wasn't an ancients fight.
Edit2: Again in e6m6 in the green key room there are three unknown objects. Green key's name is green key, not emerald rune. Key is only reachable by jumping over the gaps. After taking the key, the newly opened room has seven unknown objects. In the secret room there are three unknown objects. In the room with a blood walled inner room, there are nine unknown objects. I am writing these as I play but I wish I just wrote e6m6 was full of unknown objects :?
Edit3: In e6m3 after getting through the blue door, despite clearing and and triggering everything in side doors, I coulndn't open the door that leads the way across.
Edit4: End-of-map screen came again at end of e6m3. Also all bosses, Baal included, are very easy to kill.
Edit5: Walls of e8m1 are transparent looking from outside. You can walk through all the windows there. Also secret door doesn't open. Some doors related to their respective switches are already open.
Edit 6: You can't switch back to Kalim's Will and it doesn't seem like a good weapon.

Also there are many texture transparency problems beginning by Kurast to the end of the game but they don't affect gameplay so I didn't catalogued them.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:In e6m2 there is a switch in one of the corner areas that does nothing. It doesn't have a trigger line.
A switch near the long stairs cannot be triggered either but it has a trigger line.
The door at the bottom of the long stairs does not open as a result.

Edit1: In e6m6 there is no sapphire rune to be found to unlock too last door. Even using the automap show keys cheat I couldn't see one.
After noclipping my way out, end-of-map screen came. There wasn't an ancients fight.
Edit2: Again in e6m6 in the green key room there are three unknown objects. Green key's name is green key, not emerald rune. Key is only reachable by jumping over the gaps. After taking the key, the newly opened room has seven unknown objects. In the secret room there are three unknown objects. In the room with a blood walled inner room, there are nine unknown objects. I am writing these as I play but I wish I just wrote e6m6 was full of unknown objects :?
Edit3: In e6m3 after getting through the blue door, despite clearing and and triggering everything in side doors, I coulndn't open the door that leads the way across.
Edit4: End-of-map screen came again at end of e6m3. Also all bosses, Baal included, are very easy to kill.
Edit5: Walls of e8m1 are transparent looking from outside. You can walk through all the windows there. Also secret door doesn't open. Some doors related to their respective switches are already open.
Edit 6: You can't switch back to Kalim's Will and it doesn't seem like a good weapon.

Also there are many texture transparency problems beginning by Kurast to the end of the game but they don't affect gameplay so I didn't catalogued them.
ill look into the mapinfo on the end-of-map screen for both E6M6 and E6M3 (it could be due to an episode Cluster conflict)
As for E8M1 transparent walls... My aim was to simulate an outside sky through windows and simulate a pure outside setting while outside (if you get my meaning)...

I was hoping someone was far enough in the game to reach the expansion to find any bugs. I’ll take a look at the editor and see what I can do. Thanks for pointing them out
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Glad to help. Thats all I can do.
Outside experience was very nice. Looking back to the building and seeing monsters, floors and ceilings without walls was awkward.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

For some reason, blue mana isn't showing up other than the light it gives off.
Attachments
Screenshot_Heretic_20191006_064223.jpg
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

• In e8m2 inner doors of the two of the three buildings behind yellow door did not open. Also two secret areas had no textures.
  • In e8m3 there are two triggers that does not work. One seems like a button on a pillar but actually behind the pillar on the map thus cannot be reached. The other is square shaped that seems to be triggered when walked over but didn't trigger. Later maps have them too.
  • In e8m5, after the left door behind the green door, a side passage is blocked by a light source.
  • Town portal within secret room in e8m6 does not work.
  • As I progress in e8m7, fps gets lower and lower even in empty areas.
  • In heaven, most unique monsters are near the ledges, silver apples they drop falls to the sky.
  • Since some triggers rely on character walking over them, without automap showing triggers it can be hard to progress.
Sadly I could not complete the game. Frame rate dropped so bad that playing was impossible. First I tweaked many options, then I suspected some enemy outside my sight doing something that forces cpu to calculate massively. I was right. I heavily cheated and found the gate keeper. His effects were the reason of fps drop. After a very long battle in god mode with maximum level and items, I killed the guardian and then the framerate returned to normal. I didn't want to continue exploring the map with my heavily cheated charater. This issue has no easy way around and needs your attention.
I wanted to try a new character with 0.2 xp multiplier but I need you to fix these issues first. Though I feel a bit sad and hollow at the end, I spend many enjoyable hours overall. Thanks again for your time and effort.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Also, those ravens from the raven staff no longer rip through a lot of enemies. This is probably due to the recent changes to bouncing. I had the same problem, but this shows how to fix it.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:
  • In e8m2 inner doors of the two of the three buildings behind yellow door did not open. Also two secret areas had no textures.
  • In e8m3 there are two triggers that does not work. One seems like a button on a pillar but actually behind the pillar on the map thus cannot be reached. The other is square shaped that seems to be triggered when walked over but didn't trigger. Later maps have them too.
  • In e8m5, after the left door behind the green door, a side passage is blocked by a light source.
  • Town portal within secret room in e8m6 does not work.
  • As I progress in e8m7, fps gets lower and lower even in empty areas.
  • In heaven, most unique monsters are near the ledges, silver apples they drop falls to the sky.
  • Since some triggers rely on character walking over them, without automap showing triggers it can be hard to progress.
Sadly I could not complete the game. Frame rate dropped so bad that playing was impossible. First I tweaked many options, then I suspected some enemy outside my sight doing something that forces cpu to calculate massively. I was right. I heavily cheated and found the gate keeper. His effects were the reason of fps drop. After a very long battle in god mode with maximum level and items, I killed the guardian and then the framerate returned to normal. I didn't want to continue exploring the map with my heavily cheated charater. This issue has no easy way around and needs your attention.
I wanted to try a new character with 0.2 xp multiplier but I need you to fix these issues first. Though I feel a bit sad and hollow at the end, I spend many enjoyable hours overall. Thanks again for your time and effort.

I’ll look into the boss code, its possible the changes I made so far that I haven’t uploaded yet might fix the problem anyway but I’ll look nonetheless. So far the next patch is going to address nearly all of the issues you addressed.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Ichor wrote:Also, those ravens from the raven staff no longer rip through a lot of enemies. This is probably due to the recent changes to bouncing. I had the same problem, but this shows how to fix it.
Interesting on the blue mana.... the ravens staff has been the bane of my existence.. but I’ll make changes to the state to fix that. As for the blue mana issue, I’m not sure what’s causing that issue that’s the first time that’s been brought up.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

This blue mana issue reminded me some weapon projectiles not displaying. For example in my gzdoom version if I want to play WoC in Doom, mage's first weapon does not display the shot but only the light. Diablo is fine though. But they may be related in newer gzdoom versions. By the way do you know how to make these projectiles visible again in doom woc.

Meanwhile I may try Irontusk's Heretic mappack/mod. Is it polished enough for a swift run through? Last time there were some parts where you have to jump to progress but thats no big issue. Do you remember if any important bugs remain?

Does anyone know if bluetooth mouse delays and stutters are known issues regarding gzdoom or diablo mod? I searched the forums but did not find a mention.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

irontusk341 wrote:
Ichor wrote:Also, those ravens from the raven staff no longer rip through a lot of enemies. This is probably due to the recent changes to bouncing. I had the same problem, but this shows how to fix it.
Interesting on the blue mana.... the ravens staff has been the bane of my existence.. but I’ll make changes to the state to fix that. As for the blue mana issue, I’m not sure what’s causing that issue that’s the first time that’s been brought up.
The blue mana was just the first time I saw the problem. It actually includes green mana and every artifact that comes from Hexen, like the krater of might or disc of repulsion. And in the item selection menu, weird things happen. I even tried the bloodscourge and saw that the attacks do not show up. However, afrits are visible.
Attachments
Screenshot_Heretic_20191006_182728.jpg
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:This blue mana issue reminded me some weapon projectiles not displaying. For example in my gzdoom version if I want to play WoC in Doom, mage's first weapon does not display the shot but only the light. Diablo is fine though. But they may be related in newer gzdoom versions. By the way do you know how to make these projectiles visible again in doom woc.

Meanwhile I may try Irontusk's Heretic mappack/mod. Is it polished enough for a swift run through? Last time there were some parts where you have to jump to progress but thats no big issue. Do you remember if any important bugs remain?

Does anyone know if bluetooth mouse delays and stutters are known issues regarding gzdoom or diablo mod? I searched the forums but did not find a mention.
i kinda put that heretic map pack on the back burner for a while... im gonna see if i still have it on the old laptop, the goal of that map pack was to combine Heretic's storyline with Hexen but that project is dormant.
Ichor wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:
The blue mana was just the first time I saw the problem. It actually includes green mana and every artifact that comes from Hexen, like the krater of might or disc of repulsion. And in the item selection menu, weird things happen. I even tried the bloodscourge and saw that the attacks do not show up. However, afrits are visible.
thats starting to sound like a load order issue, outdated gzdoom version, corrupted extract, or corrupted download.. i havent been able to replicate your issue. :(

Edit: Looking at that screenshot, it definitely looks like a load order issue... because the 3d models is running but not the 4k textures... which is unusual, did you edit the bat file?
Edit2: Theres no green room or secret room in E6M6 with missing objects, but there was in E6M3.. those should be patched
Edit3: the green key name was fixed by version 4.3
Last edited by irontusk341 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”