[ZScript] ZScript Weapons Library - v0.3.0

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dodopod

Re: [ZScript] ZScript Weapons Library - v0.3.0

Post by dodopod »

Sure, go ahead.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Holy crap, this is amazing! this so simplifies learning and transposing my decorate to zscript for me. Actually, this does so many things i was wanting to do with projectile physics that were a limitation before.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

This is superb! Mind if I add some of its code to Blade of Agony? I have something in mind and have already implemented the ZBulletChip thing :D
Obviously you'll be properly credit, as I always do @dodopod
dodopod

Post by dodopod »

Sure.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

dodopod wrote:Sure.
Awesome :)
Here you are what I did with it today
PowerUpT

Post by PowerUpT »

Hi, sorry for the necroposting, but I'm not sure if this addon is compatible with the latest version of GZDoom. If it is I'm at least running into issues with it. When I try to load the demo .pk3 (demo-v0.3.0.pk3), it gives me errors that seem to pertain to not having classes defined, which leads me to believe it needs to be loaded with the other pk3 (zwl-v0.3.0.pk3). However, when I load them both with the -file option, it gives me the same errors and it seems that the base is not loaded at all, even though I specified it. Here is a log:
Spoiler:
The console command I used was, with the pk3s in a specified wad directory:

Code: Select all

gzdoom.exe -file demo-v0.3.0.pk3 zwl-v0.3.0.pk3
Is it incompatible, or am I missing something? Or is it for normal ZDoom? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

You may need to load them in the opposite order from how you've got them; i.e. ZWL before the demo.
PowerUpT

Post by PowerUpT »

I have tried both ways. I have also tried combining them into one pk3, but that just won't load at all and will load vanilla Doom 2.
Deon

Post by Deon »

I came here to say thank you for such an amazing library.

I am making a new RPG-style / Darksouls-style mod from scratch while learning ACS.
I've already managed to create respawn system which puts all dead and alive monsters back, and Souls system (called Ardent), and it all seems to work even in hubs, so I started to learn useful things.

However ZScript is still new to me, I have only been coding for 3 days, and I wanted projectile based pistols and shotguns.
his gives me all I need and more. Thank you.

For those struggling with demo, load ZWL first, then demo. It definitely works via ZDL launcher.
Deon

Post by Deon »

I found an interesting issue: when a weapon using ZWL is out, the mugshot always changes to angry face even if you are not shooting. I will try to figure out why, just came here to let you know.
Deon

Post by Deon »

There's also an issue with ZWL_FireProjectile. The damage isn't set right. I see missile.SetDamage(damage) which I cannot look up, but I definitely test and realize that the damage is incorrect.

Looking at the ZShotgun from test: 1 pellet has 5 damage. If I switch the shotgun to shoot 1 pellet only, it still 1-shots a zombieman.

P.S. It seems to affect shotgun pellets only, not pistol bullets.

Return to “Script Library”