Doom II: 25 Years of Earth - 6-map demo release!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Doom II: 25 Years of Earth - 6-map demo release!

Postby Phobus » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:10 am

Download the six-map teaser/demo! (Google Drive download)

In 1994, the world was changed for the better, when, on September 30th, id software released Doom II: Hell on Earth. Super Shotgun in hand, we took on more interesting, tougher foes over thirty(-two) levels in a continuous campaign, unlike any Doom experience we'd had before. 25 years later, we're still playing, in some way, shape or form.

I'm here to pay tribute to that. Full disclosure, though, I'm late. I wanted to drop a 32-map campaign on the world, using every line action and sector effect at least once and largely sticking to stock resources whilst doing so. I'm 18 maps into that goal and, as you can see on the URL above, I'm making six of them available to play now!

They have all difficulties implemented and should run on basically any limit removing port. Jumping and crouching are disabled by default and would allow you to break progression, so please avoid that! Mouselook is fine with me, though, and as it's all stock, you can use game play mods and the like too! Multiplayer isn't implemented, however. I've tested with GZDoom and prboom+ (default complevel)

Skies are by Mechadon, from his "Mek's Box o' Skies", which is an awesome resource that I highly recommend. I've plucked a silver set of 64x64 computer panels from ZDCMP2 that I think was made by Adelusion, but do correct me if I'm wrong there. MIDIs are variable quality covers of songs I like that have influenced the design of some of the maps, or were picked due to go with the name or theme of the map. Can't say who they're by, as the various MIDI websites online and the file metadata never revealed this information.

Here's some screenshots:

I'm aiming for a mid-October release for the whole thing now, so hopefully this gives you a reason to look forwards to that!
Phobus
Registered Occasional Lurker

Re: Doom II: 25 Years of Earth - 6-map demo release!

Postby QuakedoomNukem Cz » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:30 pm

Really good stuff right here, nice small set of maps, that you can breeze through in a few minutes. Looking forward to the full release.
QuakedoomNukem Cz
Grammar Nazi and Graphics Whore with a kind heart.

Discord: #2091

Re: Doom II: 25 Years of Earth - 6-map demo release!

Postby Phobus » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:10 pm

Thanks QuakedoomNukem Cz - sounds like I've hit the spot I was aiming for!
Phobus
Registered Occasional Lurker

Return to Levels