FEARS - Amiga Remake - 8 Level Demo + Guns Only Mod

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: FEARS - Amiga Remake - 4 Level Demo + Guns Only Mod

Post by ImpieTwo »

Updated the demo to 8 maps, in addition to the other new updates to guns and monsters. Second boss is pretty intense.
ImpieTwo

Re: FEARS - Amiga Remake - 8 Level Demo + Guns Only Mod

Post by ImpieTwo »

Updated the mod after playtest reports. Biodead don't resurrect each other anymore, and the maps have more health and ammo. Dunno if it's enough to make a difference or break the balance yet.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

The jackhammer sorta doesn't fit the aesthetic, considering the rifle and shotgun. I was thinking perhaps an AK or some other gun to sorta fit. That, or maybe a more menacing/futuristic set of sprites for it.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

EddieMann wrote:The jackhammer sorta doesn't fit the aesthetic, considering the rifle and shotgun. I was thinking perhaps an AK or some other gun to sorta fit. That, or maybe a more menacing/futuristic set of sprites for it.
I tried to base the guns on the originals in the Amiga game, which included a gatling gun thing.
Matias

Post by Matias »

Just finished my playthrough of this.
Not knowing the original game at all this was a really good new experience

Everything about this is just great at creating a really creepy atmosphere. The enemies, the sounds, the darkness...
I also found the guns really satisfying to use and fitting with the slightly changed gameplay.

i seemed to be low on ammo and health quite a lot, this is a good thing and made my playthrough much more interesting.
I don't know if this is by design or maybe im just really bad but i found it really fitting for the creepy atmosphere of this mod

Very good stuff and highly recommended for everyone who is looking for something more creepy to play

Here is first part of my playthrough. I played it with Nash's Gore Mod since it felt really fitting

And Here is a playlist for all the videos of my playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zWsyhu ... jz2A6UmD_T
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Thanks Matias! I saw your playthrough yesterday and enjoyed watching the videos. I'm assuming you got the latest version before recording, in which case maybe it still doesn't have quite enough health and ammo.

Also the Resonance Gun does double damage to the otherworld entities like the jellyfish and tentacle creeps.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”