FEARS - Amiga Remake - 8 Level Demo + Guns Only Mod

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: FEARS - Amiga Remake - 4 Level Demo + Guns Only Mod

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:42 am

Updated the demo to 8 maps, in addition to the other new updates to guns and monsters. Second boss is pretty intense.
ImpieTwo

Re: FEARS - Amiga Remake - 8 Level Demo + Guns Only Mod

Postby ImpieTwo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:17 pm

Updated the mod after playtest reports. Biodead don't resurrect each other anymore, and the maps have more health and ammo. Dunno if it's enough to make a difference or break the balance yet.
ImpieTwo

Postby EddieMann » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:07 pm

The jackhammer sorta doesn't fit the aesthetic, considering the rifle and shotgun. I was thinking perhaps an AK or some other gun to sorta fit. That, or maybe a more menacing/futuristic set of sprites for it.
EddieMann

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:27 pm

EddieMann wrote:The jackhammer sorta doesn't fit the aesthetic, considering the rifle and shotgun. I was thinking perhaps an AK or some other gun to sorta fit. That, or maybe a more menacing/futuristic set of sprites for it.

I tried to base the guns on the originals in the Amiga game, which included a gatling gun thing.
ImpieTwo

Postby Matias » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:38 am

Just finished my playthrough of this.
Not knowing the original game at all this was a really good new experience

Everything about this is just great at creating a really creepy atmosphere. The enemies, the sounds, the darkness...
I also found the guns really satisfying to use and fitting with the slightly changed gameplay.

i seemed to be low on ammo and health quite a lot, this is a good thing and made my playthrough much more interesting.
I don't know if this is by design or maybe im just really bad but i found it really fitting for the creepy atmosphere of this mod

Very good stuff and highly recommended for everyone who is looking for something more creepy to play

Here is first part of my playthrough. I played it with Nash's Gore Mod since it felt really fitting

And Here is a playlist for all the videos of my playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zWsyhu ... jz2A6UmD_T
Matias

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:59 am

Thanks Matias! I saw your playthrough yesterday and enjoyed watching the videos. I'm assuming you got the latest version before recording, in which case maybe it still doesn't have quite enough health and ammo.

Also the Resonance Gun does double damage to the otherworld entities like the jellyfish and tentacle creeps.
ImpieTwo

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects