[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Smashhacker

Re: [3.2!] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Smashhacker »

Don't forget Going Down Guy. He'd probably start off with office setting weapons inspired by Office Space and Falling Down, but the later weapons like the plasma gun and BFG would evoke the absurdist fractal imagery seen in Cyriak's works.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

When i think about a wad's theme, i think of the texture work, including new/additional textures and how some levels can look iconic on their own.
Memento Mori seems to have something to do with ancient wood and something gothic related.

Dark magic/wood weapons that look like something out of Hell forged/Heretic but refined to fit Doom could be a fit for MM.

For Final Doom enemies, i like to imagine an Oni as a Baron for JPCP and an Anibus/(that egyptian god with the head of a black dog) enemy for Epic.
Metalworks41190

Post by Metalworks41190 »

Zaratul wrote:Whitemare pack has fire weapons so Sunlust weapon set should be ice oriented? Btw Final Hexen and Final Heretic when?
I was thinking along the lines as more like solar,laser,thermal and/or energy type weapons with there frames carved out rock and stone.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Valiant definitely deserves a pack. The pistol & chaingun are also pretty much done already for that wad!

I think that if valiant did get a pack, it should have weapons themed on episodes. I'd say that fists, pistol, chaingun should be episode 1-ey, shotguns are episode 2, rocket launcher is episode 4, plasma rifle is episode 3, and bfg and chainsaw are episode 5.
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

Nobody asked the most important question: Kama Sutra weapon set when?
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

A Kama Sutra weaponset would probably mainly consist of Indian and Czech-themed weapons, if that could somehow work.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

64 is a pretty good number.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

small complaint - it still says that you picked up an uzi mag when picking up mag ammo with the tnt set.
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Zaratul wrote:Nobody asked the most important question: Kama Sutra weapon set when?
I did. Last post, previous page. :P

Well, more of a tongue-in-cheek demand, but still.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Heh, why not a No End In Sight Guy or even an Eviternity Guy? :D
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Eviternity doesn't run with the source port version that this mod is designed for, IIRC.
fatlarry

Post by fatlarry »

Man, this mod already has a truly impressive amount of content and you're adding more? You're gonna spoil us
eltiolavara9

Post by eltiolavara9 »

i've been following this mod since like 2017 and recently found there was this new update
this mod is a blast to play, but i'd like to see more weaponsets, maybe split into more mods so it's not a massive mod but idk
i'd really like to see a Going Down one, or a scythe one or etc (i don't know all that much about doom wads so idk maybe there are bigger better ones)
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

You end up doing a lot of clicking with VendettaGuy if you decide to conserve ammo. So, I whipped up a new and more... uh, gratifying pistol sound. Just feels nicer to have more of a ping in your gun when you click away.
Try it out.
Spoiler:
Papaga

Post by Papaga »

Found a bug with the C4. You're not supposed to have more than 10 out at a time, but it doesn't count toward the limit if you're extremely close to the thing you stick it on. Just had to rub against any wall to do it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”