Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Twitchy2019

Re: Lt. Typhon v5: massive guns

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Alright, played the mod. Does a lot of things right. Big guns, orbital strike, and exploding enemies, to name a few. One thing though that bugs me. Was having a blast through Eviternity, on map 24 when I see this Brutal Doom-like Evil Marine. So, I try to kill it but its extremely annoying to fight. I traced the code to this mod. I'd just delete it but I dunno if that would break things. Probably should have this as a cvar maybe?
Last edited by Twitchy2019 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

Twitchy2019 wrote:Alright, played the mod. Does a lot of things right. Big guns, orbital strike, and exploding enemies, to name a few. One thing though that bugs me. Was having a blast through Eviternity, on map 24 when I see this Brutal Doom-like Evil Marine. So, I try to kill it. Its DAMNED annoying to fight. I traced the code to this mod. I'd just delete it but I dunno if that would break things. Probably should have this as a toggle.
There is a strategy to fighting her but I am planning to change how she spawns in the future so it's less likely to fuck you up at the beginning of a map.
Re: punches activating switches, that'd be cool but would require a huge amount of hackery and i'm not even sure if it can be done in 2.1.1 (the version of gzdoom i'm trying to keep compatibility with)
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

I fixed the problem by commenting out the actor code that uses the ?Typhon. Seems to still work just fine.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

It will, but you'll miss out on the burning angel powerup, plus you might end up missing out on bfgs occasionally. For now I'd suggest just making a patch that replaces the typhon? spawners, replace Typhon?Backpack with a regular backpack spawner and Typhon? with a bfg spawner and job's a good'un
Rectro Pete
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Rectro Pete »

HI love this mod but i seem to be having a problem with it my character hopping over small to medium walls, not activateing doors that require you to walk thru and some damage floors dont register can u help me. i noticed while playing sunlust and couple other wads. ive tried other gameplay mods and they dont seem to have this problem. ty
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Rectro Pete wrote:HI love this mod but i seem to be having a problem with it my character hopping over small to medium walls, not activateing doors that require you to walk thru and some damage floors dont register can u help me. i noticed while playing sunlust and couple other wads. ive tried other gameplay mods and they dont seem to have this problem. ty
The hopping over walls is intentional, you're probably walking over damage floors while using the flesh armor or power loader, and I have no idea what's going on with the doors lol
Rectro Pete

Post by Rectro Pete »

ty so much thought i was going crazy with the wall hopping thing good to know.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

What's the code/actor for the respawning monsters? I don't want that.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Rectro Pete wrote:HI love this mod but i seem to be having a problem with it my character hopping over small to medium walls, not activateing doors that require you to walk thru and some damage floors dont register can u help me. i noticed while playing sunlust and couple other wads. ive tried other gameplay mods and they dont seem to have this problem. ty

Code: Select all

ACTOR VeteranDoomPlayer : PlayerPawn
{
	Tag "Typhon"
  Speed 1
  Health 100
  Radius 16
  Height 56
  Scale 1.15
The code here is located in the 2nd file called Decorate in the Typhon wad. Change the scale and height numbers here until you get the desired fix. Note: The height you character has may change in the first person mode, so be careful.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Twitchy2019 wrote:

Code: Select all

ACTOR VeteranDoomPlayer : PlayerPawn
{
	Tag "Typhon"
  Speed 1
  Health 100
  Radius 16
  Height 56
  Scale 1.15
The code here is located in the 2nd file called Decorate in the Typhon wad. Change the scale and height numbers here until you get the desired fix. Note: The height you character has may change in the first person mode, so be careful.
Don't touch that stuff, it won't achieve the effect you want. If you want to alter the wallhopping just change the maxstepheight property to 24.
I did make Typhon with the intention of breaking maps though so it's probably best left as is, unless you're getting annoyed by it :)
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Wait...

Something just occurred to me...

Typhon has brown hair...drinks cans of soft drink of questionable nutritional value...one of her weapons is a massive pair of gattling guns...she can intercept and swat enemy projectiles out of the air...and she has a mech that she can use against her foes by making it self-destruct.

There can only be one conclusion.

Typhon is from-the-future D.VA!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Tesculpture wrote:Wait...

Something just occurred to me...

Typhon has brown hair...drinks cans of soft drink of questionable nutritional value...one of her weapons is a massive pair of gattling guns...she can intercept and swat enemy projectiles out of the air...and she has a mech that she can use against her foes by making it self-destruct.

There can only be one conclusion.

Typhon is from-the-future D.VA!
are you ok tesculpture do you need a hospital

joking aside typhon has way more in common with chuck rock than anyone else lol
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Yo, I just want to spread the news that Lt. Typhon is officially a Cacoward winner!!! :mrgreen:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Congratulations on the Cacoward 2019 award! This mod has very unique and interesting concept and whatnot. I know you could make it!
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Alptraum »

Congratulations!

Also your mod is the only mod that you can pet a Caco ^^

Return to “Gameplay Mods”