[Released] Mr. Smiley's Head Safari Remastered

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CvH9000

[Released] Mr. Smiley's Head Safari Remastered

Post by CvH9000 »

M_DOOM.png
M_DOOM.png (3.94 KiB) Viewed 8956 times
Well, my first wad post here
Spoiler:

It's a remaster of Mr. Smiley's Headsafari. An old 1994/1995 Megawad that featured famous cartoon characters, and a Smiley face as the Doomguy.
This wad is for Doom 2, Using GZDoom.
It features updated maps, credits to the original authors of the maps, New enemies made using Decorate replacing the Doom and Doom 2 enemies (Except for the Revenant, he's already funny in his own regard.), and a sprite replacement for the Super Shotgun.
All three episodes were updated to make use of GZDoom's more advanced map options and are in UDMF format.

Included in the Zip file are the credits files, DOOM3_ALTMUS.wad and DOOM3_UDMF.wad.
DOOM3_UDMF.wad is the remaster
DOOM3_ALTMUS.wad is an alternative mp3 soundtrack for the game.

Screenshots here:
https://imgur.com/a/jOeUVsK

Download available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lt5aw2j8j ... e.zip/file

Hope you'll enjoy it! Please leave some feedback as it's the first big thing I actually managed to finish :!:

Edit:
I removed the original DOOM3.wad, just to be on the safe side

Edit 2:
Based on the feedback from Icarus video, I updated the final boss by doubleing his health, lowering his painchance and removing most of the ammo and healthpacks / invurnabilty spheres. I also removed the Starwars themesong from the alternative soundtrack and replaced it with the Space level theme from Crazy Drake.
Last but not least, even more additional credits to the original authors of some sprites. Thanks for helping me with that you guys!
Last edited by CvH9000 on Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kizoky
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Released] Mr. Smiley's Head Safari Remastered

Post by Kizoky »

Mine's yet to be finished.. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47836

It looks good, I'll give it a shot

Edit: You shouldn't include the original DOOM3.WAD because it is pirated/illegal (has id resources)
CvH9000

Post by CvH9000 »

Kizoky wrote: Edit: You shouldn't include the original DOOM3.WAD because it is pirated/illegal (has id resources)
It is? Oh man I didn't know that, sorry. I'll remove it from the .zip file and reupload it.
Thanks for the heads up!

Also, Your new Mr. Smiley mod looks neat aswell, Good luck with the project!
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Using resources from the era of the original mod to replace DOOM 2 stuff was a nice touch (the stormtrooper and alien for example). I liked the polished weapons and menus and overall it feels just like the original only better.
CvH9000

Post by CvH9000 »

Thank you so much CeeJay! I'm glad you liked it! :D
CvH9000

Post by CvH9000 »

Wow, I got over a 150 downloads! That's so much more then I ever expected from my first publically released mod! :D :D :D
Thanks to everyone who downloaded it and enjoyed it!
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Man this takes me back lol, I like how levels have a changed theme to match the levels music, good stuff.

Outta curiosity, are you by any chance the same dude who did that cyberdillo TC on /vr/ alll those years ago?
CvH9000

Post by CvH9000 »

Darsycho wrote: Outta curiosity, are you by any chance the same dude who did that cyberdillo TC on /vr/ alll those years ago?
Yep that was me indeed. I sadly never finished it, but I still have some plans for finishing it in the long run. It's been put on hold until I learn scripting and better Decorate and such. This mostly has been a learning experience for me to learn those things.
AlphaSoraKun
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

I came here because of the review and I gotta say. The original mod had me rolling on the floor laughing my a** off, but looking back at 24-years old, it makes me ask myself, why did the original come bundled with the OG DOOM.WAD file? If this sounds like a bad question, then I apologize in advance.
CvH9000

Post by CvH9000 »

I sincerly have no idea why the original modders thought it was a good idea to include the full version of Doom.
It's that somebody warned me about the questionable legitimacy of the original wad, that I removed it.
Kizoky

Post by Kizoky »

NeonLights95 wrote:I came here because of the review and I gotta say. The original mod had me rolling on the floor laughing my a** off, but looking back at 24-years old, it makes me ask myself, why did the original come bundled with the OG DOOM.WAD file? If this sounds like a bad question, then I apologize in advance.
It didn't came with the original DOOM.WAD, it was a heavily modified registered DOOM.WAD with a hacked Doom exe
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

On the credit side the chicken launcher likely originated from this old mod. The sprites are different since it's a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher there but I'm guessing you updated it? I haven't checked the original mod.
Kizoky wrote:It didn't came with the original DOOM.WAD, it was a heavily modified registered DOOM.WAD with a hacked Doom exe
So basically the same as Doom Hack. Does a sanitized version of that exist, and would that even be interesting to people if not?
Kizoky

Post by Kizoky »

I'm not sure if I can link it here since it's piracy, but if you are really interested in it I can send you the link via PM
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Not sure if you mean the original Mr. Smiley's Head Safari or Doom Hack, but you don't need to put your neck out I'm good at finding things. I was being serious though about whether anyone wants a clean Doom Hack. It might be fun to try and make. Also the name of the original is amusing to me given really old versions of Doom Legacy.
CvH9000

Post by CvH9000 »

fakemai wrote:On the credit side the chicken launcher likely originated from this old mod. The sprites are different since it's a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher there but I'm guessing you updated it? I haven't checked the original mod.
Yes I've changed it back to a normal rocket launcher, since the shoulder mounted one broke widescreen support.
I really hope that I didn't forget to credit the original modders for the chicken launcher. If I did then sorry for that!
I thought the sprites originated from Mr. Smiley itself, So that's probably why.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”