All Dungeons! v0.9 (Abandoned)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

All Dungeons! v0.9 (Abandoned)

Post by TDRR »

This project has been abandoned. It's very, very unlikely I'll ever come back to it. Do whatever you please with all of these assets and code as long as credit is given.
All Dungeons! is a game where you, a strong, fearless person goes through billions of randomly generated dungeons, slaying monsters and snagging treasure.

Currently in early development, but we are still working on new features, such as powerups and permanent weapon upgrades. As well as much more variation in map generation.

Any suggestion, bug report or just general feedback is appreciated!
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD v0.9
Last edited by TDRR on Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cherno

Re: All Dungeons! v0.9

Post by Cherno »

The question is, does is produce interesting or fun dungeons on a regular basis?
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Cherno wrote:The question is, does is produce interesting or fun dungeons on a regular basis?
Half of the time it does make very cool dungeons. Solid-head made some nicer ones with height variations which are at least IMO always better, but i didn't want to be disrespectful and use his work in this, so i improved what i had.

Right now we want to make sure the core gameplay is fun enough before we go for a random dungeon gen overhaul, so if anyone has any feedback on what weapons need to be improved or changed, or what mystic artifact should be added, i'm all ears.
Solid-Head

Post by Solid-Head »

Cherno wrote:The question is, does is produce interesting or fun dungeons on a regular basis?
Its kinda like your average Diablo 1 dungeon without the doors. Its very cool since they are generated on the fly. In my current map you can even regenerate the map without leaving it. It has a lot of potential and very friendly to use.
TDRR wrote:Solid-head made some nicer ones with height variations which are at least IMO always better, but i didn't want to be disrespectful and use his work in this, so i improved what i had.
Ah thank you, that's very kind. They visually look better but in the end they are the same, since its your digger after all. You can also use whatever I made, since most of it is yours.
TDRR wrote:if anyone has any feedback on what weapons need to be improved or changed, or what mystic artifact should be added, i'm all ears.
I like it very much. I like the feel of the axe and the flail. I don't really like any of the sprite though, especially the monsters. Made me wish you strip the whole hexen section of R667's monsters and weapons instead. I get its still WIP though. I'd like to see a STAT system. Something simple like strength,defense and speed which is very easy to implement. You could upgrade by finding special sphere or whatever. Temporary powerup could also be fun. Also more powerful enemies should spawn the more floor you go.
Last edited by Solid-Head on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Solid-Head wrote:
TDRR wrote:Solid-head made some nicer ones with height variations which are at least IMO always better, but i didn't want to be disrespectful and use his work in this, so i improved what i had.
Ah thank you, that's very kind. They visually look better but in the end they are the same, since its your digger after all. You can also use whatever I made, since most of it is yours.
Actually, they are much better since they do have semi-coherent height variation, which just makes everything a lot more dynamic. Thanks, i'll consider it for next update.
Solid-Head wrote:
TDRR wrote:if anyone has any feedback on what weapons need to be improved or changed, or what mystic artifact should be added, i'm all ears.
I like it very much. I like the feel of the axe and the flail. I don't really like any of the sprite though, especially the monsters. Made me wish you strip the whole hexen section of R667's monsters and weapons instead. I get its still WIP though. I'd like to see a STAT system. Something simple like strength,defense and speed which is very easy to implement. You could upgrade by finding special sphere or whatever. Temporary powerup could also be fun. Also more powerful enemies should spawn the more floor you go.
Actually, i would have much rather used Hexen's monsters or something like that, but this is meant to be a free content game so i can't just grab whatever else that's not Freedoom basically. Yeah, i get it, most of the sprites and stuff are ugly but it's what we could manage with so low skill. In fact, the only ones i think are decent are the weapons.

I'll take all your suggestions into consideration, and most likely if i can make them work well enough they will be in v1.0. Thanks for your feedback.
Solid-Head

Post by Solid-Head »

TDRR wrote: but this is meant to be a free content game
That's what I thought, since you use freedoom. Well good luck then,maybe you'll finish one of your mod one day !

PS: I really really like the flail ! Feels better than the actual whip in Batandy Castlevania mod.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Replaced adfly link with one leading directly to Mediafire and added a PayPal donation link. It's also in the Vault post.

By the way, the donated money will be used to hire more team members (Mostly for Vault tho) and get some decent equipment for properly testing the games. (Anything that can run this at more than 40fps will work)
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

A lil' update in terms of why 1.0 hasn't come out yet, basically i'm no longer developing it. However, the other RHG team member is working on it so i can focus on Vault and Invader Zim: The Game, he's working on new monsters, new items and weapon enhancements.

I also added a link to the RadiantHammerGames Discord server.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

This mod is completely broken. And I like the idea and the rogue-lite kinda map is cool , but the game modes doesn't work as they should and most of the time don't work at all.
I tried to read the scripts and I had a difficult time understanding what they where but, and correct me if I'm wrong :
- The map starts
- Generates valid paths
- Checks for enemies and keys present in the level
- Chooses a game mode
- Checks if you finished
??

Because most of the time the map didn't have any keys or enemies which was necessary to clear a condition of any game mode, so I just spawned and I just win with nothing happening because nothing was left to the player to do.

Also the Key Gamemode doesn't detect how many keys they are in the map , giving an instant win message.

There was just one time where I could play where monsters actually spawned and I have to kill them, but it didn't spawn a weapon so I was better off dead or in the void anyway
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Dude27th wrote:This mod is completely broken. And I like the idea and the rogue-lite kinda map is cool , but the game modes doesn't work as they should and most of the time don't work at all.
I tried to read the scripts and I had a difficult time understanding what they where but, and correct me if I'm wrong :
- The map starts
- Generates valid paths
- Checks for enemies and keys present in the level
- Chooses a game mode
- Checks if you finished
??

Because most of the time the map didn't have any keys or enemies which was necessary to clear a condition of any game mode, so I just spawned and I just win with nothing happening because nothing was left to the player to do.

Also the Key Gamemode doesn't detect how many keys they are in the map , giving an instant win message.

There was just one time where I could play where monsters actually spawned and I have to kill them, but it didn't spawn a weapon so I was better off dead or in the void anyway
We know this (Though it's not AS ridiculous as you say, we have played many rounds and only 1 out of 6 are broken) and we fixed many of the bugs. The bug where you get closed off at the start appears to be only fixable with a rewrite which is a large portion of the reason there hasn't been an intermediary release between 0.9 and 1.0.

The Key gamemode bug hasn't ever happened to me, i'll try some more but after many plays i have never gotten it.

Anyways, we are in the process of switching to a different map generation algo which will probably fix all this. It may be on 1.0 or 1.1 or some other release but it's not too far off.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Ok , it may have been some problem after extracting the files, wich for some reason made it more unstable.
I recorded a video by playing it directly from the zip.

It kinda works even tho the monsters didn't spawn, and again , this mod has a cool concept but that's about it.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Dude27th wrote:Ok , it may have been some problem after extracting the files, wich for some reason made it more unstable.
I recorded a video by playing it directly from the zip.

It kinda works even tho the monsters didn't spawn, and again , this mod has a cool concept but that's about it.
I'll have to rewrite everything from the ground up again because i really have no idea why that is happening to you.

Yes, we know that the game is basically a crappy and buggy proof-of-concept right now but it's being improved and more gameplay depth is being added. We are even doing a PUBG-type menu where you can equip stuff, using your mouse. It's a bit tricky to implement (For us at least) but it will give us a lot of different item types that can be equipped (Ex: A bracelet you equip that gives you extra strength, or boots that make you walk faster or just give slightly more protection combined with armor).
That's just one example of the things we are going to add, but for such inexperienced modders like us, it's tricky and takes time so really sorry for the bad experience you have with v0.9, and we hope this doesn't let you down from trying the next update when it's out.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”