[LZWolf] Operation: Nazi Slayer (version 2.0 available)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Orka

[LZWolf] Operation: Nazi Slayer (version 2.0 available)

Post by Orka »

EDIT: What the hell? I misspelled the title?

Trailer made by AstroCreep

Welcome! It's been a while, huh? :D I wasn't dead, I was just lurking in the shadows. And in the shadows I developed this piece of art of mine called "Operation: Nazi Slayer" in nearly 2 months. It's a mod for Spear of Destiny on the LZWolf source port with 22 new levels in total (2 of which are secret levels and another one that is a SUPER secret level with a SUPER secret boss fight), new weapons, new enemies, custom made MIDI soundtracks made by me (which got high quality remixes from AstroCreep).What's this mod about? Well, shooting nazis of course. :D And what's the story? If you are so curious then here it is ripped straight from the in-game manual:
"You served the country well, Blazkowicz. Unfortunately you are our only reliable men so we have to send you on this next mission. Have you ever heard about the 'Sceptre of Destruction'?"

EDIT: The music has been converted to IMF format in the updated version.

"Sir! I haven't heard about it, sir!"

"Me neither... Anyway the nazis have stolen it and apparently we have to take it back or we will all die. They hid it somewhere in a secret laboratory complex around Fritzberg. We have heard that nazi scientists are making some sort of clones there. If that's true then maybe they are using this artifact for their sick experiments and that needs to be stopped at all costs or we won't stand a chance against these freaks."
This mod started off just as a simple map pack for Spear of Destiny but again it became something else. :D When making this, my main goal was to make something that is sort of a mashup of the good old classic mods (for example: Coming of the Storm, Project: Eisenritter, Spear Resurrection, etc.) while still sticking with vanilla style as much as possible.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Credits:
Spoiler: Ripped from the "ONS-credits.txt" file
EDIT 2: The mod needs the full version of Spear of Destiny!

More info (mostly the same infos) and the download can be found on the ModDB page of the mod:
Click here for free beer!

I hope you enjoy it. :)
Last edited by Orka on Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Whoah

Re: [LZWolf] Operation: Nazis Slayer (also on ModDB)

Post by Whoah »

Just gave this a whirl and holy shit is it fun! Really liking the look of the custom bosses and enemies, and the weapons are really fun to use. Not to mention how well put together the maps are! A couple verge on being a little confusing, but that's what the map is for right? Either way, thank you for being one of the few to consistently put out fun content for LZ/ECWolf! You're doing the world a favor
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Def a fun mod (and I'm not just being biased here - the first map kicked my ass on hard the first few times!) Cool new stuff while sticking to the vanilla style - nice to see a mod that doesn't rely on extra powerful weapons like missile launchers and flamethrowers.

Also, if you're interested in more cool LZWolf/ECWolf stuff, there are a few of us actively devving stuff. Check out Wolfsource and its discord to see some of the badass stuff we are working on, as well as some of the other cool Wolf projects.
DevilHunter
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by DevilHunter »

Ok I must be doing something wrong. I got this mod, and LZWolf. Dragged the .pk3 file on top of LZWolf. It loaded up just fine, but as soon as I started the first level, things went wrong. First off, there seems to be a missing wall texture. I get HOM's all over the place, possibly where Hitler is suppose to be shown on the wall?? Second, I think its about the third room, all I see is the old Skulltag "missing thing" icon. I assume this is suppose to be the new enemy's.

The Music and custom sfx play out just fine, but I can't even progress to the next level.. I redownloaded the mod and even extracted it a few times from the zip file. Did I do something wrong?

I tried running the console mode with LZWolf, and upon starting up the first lvl, I get a whole bunch of Things with no Frames.
Orka

Post by Orka »

I'm sorry that you've encountered these problems. I don't have any ideas yet what could be the cause of this... Can you post screenshots about the areas where the HOMs and missing things are?
DevilHunter
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [LZWolf] Operation: Nazi Slayer (also on ModDB)

Post by DevilHunter »

Here you go > Screenshots . I tried replaying the level several times. I cannot find the key in order to progress. I feel like I am the only one having this issue, either that or not many other's have tried this yet. If it helps any, I am running on Windows 10. Specs are in my Sig.

EDIT: Nvm I am an idiot but just for kicks, I will leave my OP (Original Post). Turns out I was using the Demo files for Spear of Destiny, not the registered files. My bad on my part. I use a program called DOSBox Launcher, and it failed to tell me that I was playing the demo this whole time. Carry on... Oh, and so far I think the mod is awesome. I have seen another mod for SOD but for the life of me, I cannot remember exactly where I got it, nor do I know if it runs in ECWolf. Meanwhile, I'mma continue my play-though now that my issue is resolved.

EDIT 2: Seems like Sigs are disabled.. Either that or I cannot find the option to have it show in my posts.. So... here is the link to my specs in case anyone is curious.. > My PC Specs
Orka

Post by Orka »

Well then, I'm glad that this got solved. :) I had a suspicion when I saw the pictures that you played with the demo version. :D I hope you enjoy it.
sirudoom

Post by sirudoom »

im having that problem too. I redownloaded qzwolf but it wont work. it took me a long time to figure it out this far, now ive been trying for way too long to get this mod to work good.
Orka

Post by Orka »

... You mean you have the same problem?... The exact same problem that DevilHunter had?... If so then you should know the solution already. :D (Play the mod with the full version of Spear of Destiny.)
sirudoom

Post by sirudoom »

Orka wrote:... You mean you have the same problem?... The exact same problem that DevilHunter had?... If so then you should know the solution already. :D (Play the mod with the full version of Spear of Destiny.)
you cant with wolf 3d from steam? oh that's why lol
Knapf

Post by Knapf »

Hello? I recently downloaded Nazi Slayer and I'm unable to load the saved games that I have when I came back to play for a second time.
Knapf

Post by Knapf »

Orka wrote:I'm sorry that you've encountered these problems. I don't have any ideas yet what could be the cause of this... Can you post screenshots about the areas where the HOMs and missing things are?
Does anyone know how to contact Orka?
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Knapf wrote:Hello? I recently downloaded Nazi Slayer and I'm unable to load the saved games that I have when I came back to play for a second time.
This problem, for me, affects all lzwolf mods. It's fixed by starting a new game and *then* loading your save.
Knapf

Post by Knapf »

Dynamo wrote:
Knapf wrote:Hello? I recently downloaded Nazi Slayer and I'm unable to load the saved games that I have when I came back to play for a second time.
This problem, for me, affects all lzwolf mods. It's fixed by starting a new game and *then* loading your save.
Not working for me even after starting a new game and then loading.
TheBoltReaper

Post by TheBoltReaper »

For me the game isn't working, it opens a CMD Window saying:

Please use --console or start from command prompt to see error messages.

An error has occured (press enter to dismiss)

I'm using LZWolf v.1.3.99999 with the SOD from GOG including Return to Danger and The Ultimate Challenge Separated (The folders are M1, M2, M3)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”